Grab a piece of paper and a pen — you’re going to need to make a quick grocery list! I recently made a large batch of White Bean Chicken Chili and it is definitely my favorite chili right now. You can make it on the stove top or in your slow cooker too! Here’s the recipe…
White Bean Chicken Chili
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 4 oz cans green chilis
- 3 16 oz cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- green onion, diced (optional)
Stove Top Instructions
- Saute chicken breasts over medium heat in pan drizzled with olive oil until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a large stockpot (or slowcooker) and add in the next 11 ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken breast and shred, add the shredded chicken back to the pot. Add additional seasoning to taste.
- Squeeze lime juice into the soup and sprinkle season salt, stir, and let simmer an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with cheese, avocado and green onion.
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Place the chopped onion and minced garlic in the bottom of your slow cooker. Top with Chicken breast and spices. Add cans of green chills, white beans and chicken broth. Let mixture simmer on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Remove the chicken breast and shred, add the shredded chicken back to the crock pot. Squeeze lime juice into the soup and sprinkle season salt, stir, and let simmer an additional 20-30 minutes.