One of our go-to dairy-free, gluten-free, easy weeknight meals I’ve been making quite a bit is Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken!
Inspired by Olive Garden’s tuscan chicken, this kid-friendly meal offers a simple and healthy twist. It’s loaded with fresh garlic, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes in a delicious cream sauce. Perfect for serving over rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles (see ingredient notes).
It will also fill your home with the most delicious aroma, making it a meal that everyone loves to come home to.
Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken Ingredient Notes
I love how simple this recipe is. It only requires a few healthy ingredients:
- Chicken: I prefer boneless, skinless chicken, but you can also use chicken thighs for this recipe.
- Garlic: Freshly minced, if possible!
- Italian Seasoning: store-bought or homemade.
- Spinach: Use fresh. Frozen spinach doesn’t work as well in this recipe.
- Sun Dried Tomatoes: You’re going to want to drain and chop these.
- Coconut Milk: Get the full fat!
- Cheese: For a dairy-free option, you can use nutritional yeast. If you prefer regular cheese, use parmesan!
- Salt & Pepper
What to Serve with Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken
- Rice: Our personal favorite way to serve this meal is over a bed of rice (regular rice or cauliflower rice for lower carb). The sauce is SO insanely delicious and the rice perfectly soaks it up.
- Pasta: Gluten-free noodles, regular noodles, or zucchini noodles — depending on preference/dietary need.
- Mashed Potatoes: Regular or cauliflower
- Veggies: Broccoli, Green Beans, etc.
Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken
One of our go-to dairy-free, gluten-free, easy weeknight meals I’ve been making quite a bit is Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken! Inspired by Olive Garden’s tuscan chicken, this kid-friendly meal offers a simple and healthy twist. It will also fill your home with the most delicious aroma, making it a meal that everyone loves to come home to.
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 15 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (dairy-free) or parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- Place in crock pot and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Add in garlic, coconut milk and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours, or until temperature is 165F.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, remove it from pot. Stir in spinach and cheese (or nutritional yeast).
- Serve chicken with sauce poured over top.
Other Crock Pot Recipes You May Like
- 7 Easy Weeknight Crockpot Meals
- Fast Family (Crockpot) Dinner: Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Fast Family Dinner: Greek Chicken Bowls
- Chicken Shawarma Quinoa Bowls
- Crockpot Hack: Pesto Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Two Ingredient Slow Cooker Jamaican Jerk Pork Tenderloin
- Crockpot Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Fast Family Dinner | Crockpot Chicken Tacos
I made crock pot tuscan chicken according to your recipe, it took only a short time to make and it tasted great, my kids love to eat, thanks for sharing!
Kellie Mooney says
I make this but add a can of chopped artichokes!
Do frozen chicken breasts work for this recipe?