I was looking for this delicious appetizer recipe on my blog earlier this week and realized it was buried in one of my party posts! This Boursin Cheese recipe is insanely delicious and definitely deserves it’s own post so I’m sharing it again so you can now find it on my Appetizers page!
I served this at my Hard Seltzer Tasting Party last year and the girls demolished it. This recipe is truly the perfect spring and summer appetizer that is easy to prepare and easy to transport if you’re looking to bring something yummy to your next gathering.
- 4 strips bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- One 5.2-ounce package Boursin cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Bread or crackers, as needed for serving
1. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until it is crisp and golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Add the onion and shallot to the pan, and reduce the heat to low. Sauté until the onion is caramelized and soft, 25 to 30 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, 1 minute more. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and then the reserved bacon to combine. Season the mixture generously with pepper.
4. Place the Boursin on a serving plate. Pour the hot onion-bacon mixture over the cheese.
5. Garnish with chives. Serve immediately with bread or crackers.