Easter Around the House!

As promised, I decorated the house over the weekend for Easter. I am proud to say, I only made two trips to Michael’s Arts & Crafts for all my
projects – that is a success my friends! Usually I make a list, check
it all off and forget one small thing and have to go back. Or, I get to
the store and end up purchasing all new materials for a totally
different project. That place has a way of sucking me in.

Moving on to our decorations! Our first Easter decoration can be found as you enter the front door of our home!

All
of the spring flowers at Michael’s are 40% off, so I was able to make
this wreath super cheap. I love the pops of yellow and purple.

Oh, and want to see the awesome picture text I received from my Mother-in-Law yesterday?

Yep, that’s her wreath she made this weekend too. Like mother-in-law, like daughter-in-law!

Our faux fireplace mantel in our living room was in desperate need of decoration. For the left
side of the mantel, I filled apothecary jars with moss and Easter eggs – all found on sale
at Michael’s.

For the right side, I picked up a
new ceramic vase on sale from Michael’s {for $9} and added a bouquet of
flowering branches from Trader Joes. I can’t wait to see these little guys blossom!

I also added a few little Easter twigs to my fern that sits in the kitchen.

And of course, no Easter is complete without lots and lots of candy around the house…

Speckled
peanut butter M&M’s, pastel Lifesavers and speckled Cadbury eggs.
Sadly, this dish was empty within a day and a half. We do not do well
with candy dishes in our house.

I also have to throw in a fun Easter dessert I made this weekend…

EGG NEST BROWNIES!!

1. Christina
    March 11, 2013 / 1:44 pm

Random, but I really love your front door. The candy is making me drool and it's not even 10 am. Shoot!

2. Blair Smith
    March 11, 2013 / 1:47 pm

So adorable!! I always look forward to your seasonal decorations!! Thanks for sharing!! πŸ™‚

• Carolina Charm
      March 11, 2013 / 1:53 pm

Thanks friend! I think Easter is my new favorite holiday! xo

3. Brianna Tucker
    March 11, 2013 / 1:52 pm

those brownies are so freaking cute. I have yet to make a diy wreath. I think I am going to for summer. Hopefully a monogram will fit in somewhere.

4. Alexa
    March 11, 2013 / 1:55 pm

You're absolutely the most wonderful decorator I've ever seen! It was a feat for me to just Spring-clean my house this weekend, much less decorate ;)But I DID manage to grocery shop for ingredients to make a few of your delicious recipes this week! Can't wait to dig into some Eggplant Caprese tonight!

5. Dee Stephens
    March 11, 2013 / 2:07 pm

Love your wreath! I need to get some Spring stuff put out!

6. Annie
    March 11, 2013 / 2:09 pm

You are the most creative person I know! Looks gorgeous!

7. Cortney
    March 11, 2013 / 2:10 pm

Your wreath is beautiful! Are you going to post a tutorial on how you made it? πŸ™‚

8. Kelly
    March 11, 2013 / 2:18 pm

Looks like you were busy over the weekend, love the decorations especially the wreath!-kellyHonor Courage Commitment

9. Sarah Elizabeth
    March 11, 2013 / 2:23 pm

That wreath is gorgeous! Too funny that your MIL made pretty much the same one! πŸ™‚ Yay for Spring being right around the corner!

10. SHAYNA
    March 11, 2013 / 2:36 pm

Everything looks so great! I wish I had put ours out this year… with everything wedding going on in our house there is just no room! Love it all though… & the wreaths!? So pretty!

11. Ashley Barnhill
    March 11, 2013 / 2:53 pm

What a cute wreath!! The colors are perfect for Easter!

12. Emily
    March 11, 2013 / 3:21 pm

oooh everything is so springy and pretty!

13. Heidi
    March 11, 2013 / 3:24 pm

I love all the greenery and flowers! I can't put flowers or plants out because one of my kitties would have a hay day eating them! ha love the eggs and moss also! πŸ™‚

14. Laurie @ The Rookie Wife
    March 11, 2013 / 3:37 pm

So pretty! I love the wreath:) oh..and of course the tulips!

15. Sara Elizabeth
    March 11, 2013 / 4:27 pm

Beautiful wreaths!! I need to make one for our door!

16. Bekah @ reΒ·solve
    March 11, 2013 / 5:11 pm

I kept singling out things I wanted to say were cute….and that ended up being everything. Anyhow…I LOVE Trader Joe's, and candy doesn't fare much better in our house. πŸ™‚

17. Tara {The Silver Lining}
    March 11, 2013 / 5:50 pm

All of your Easter decorations look great! That's too funny about the wreath. Great minds think alike, huh?! Those brownies are adorable and look so delicious! I'm going to have to keep these in mind to bake with my nieces.

18. Samara
    March 11, 2013 / 7:25 pm

Everything looks beautiful as always. I love the subtle touches of Easter all over and love, love, LOVE that you and your mother-in-law made nearly twin wreaths. They say a man tends to search for someone that is like his mother. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

19. Suzanne S.
    March 11, 2013 / 8:25 pm

It looks lovely! I love how cute Easter decorations are :)xoxoSuzannewww.writtenbysuzanne.com

20. [darci @ the good life]
    March 11, 2013 / 8:30 pm

Wow, looks gorgeous, friend! And are you kidding about the wreaths??! That's crazy that your MIL made basically the same one! And, I can't get over your front door…. love it. Want to trade me houses? Come on, why not?! Ha!!

21. Elisabeth
    March 11, 2013 / 9:29 pm

I absolutely love the white vase you bought from Michael's. Thank goodness there's one right down the street from me because I think that's where I'll be headed right now. ~Elisabeth

22. Tricia
    March 11, 2013 / 11:26 pm

The wreath looks wonderful!

23. My Life as A Plate
    March 12, 2013 / 2:57 pm

All of your Easter decorations look fabulous! I especially love the apothecary jars with th emiss and eggs, I need to try this.

24. Nicole-Lynn
    March 12, 2013 / 8:23 pm

Everything looks so cute! I love all the pastel colors! Your wreath turned out amazing! How sweet your MIL made one, too! I am in the process of making a simple wreath that I can keep up till late summer. It's exhausting switching out wreaths for every season! haha Oh and my hubby always steals my candy "for guests" so I am always buying more! lol I just bought a bag of jelly beans and they are almost gone. I was hoping they would last till Easter πŸ™‚

25. April Hoff
    March 13, 2013 / 3:12 pm

Cute, cute, cute! Everything looks great (and delicious)!