Scallops are on sale at the Harris Teeter this week so a few nights ago I scooped up a pound for dinner and waited for the kids to go to bed so Matt and I didn’t have to share them with our two little people. After a quick Pinterest search I found the perfect scallops recipe (which I adapted slightly) and got to work. I served our scallops on top of a bed of asparagus and drizzled the remaining pan sauce on top. We both licked our plates clean.
Seared Scallops in Lemon Butter Sauce
1/2 lb bacon
1 lb scallops
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons white wine (can substitute with more lemon juice)
2 tablespoons butter
1. Cook bacon in skillet until extra crispy. Remove from pan and let cool. Chop up the strips.
2. Pat scallops dry with paper towels.
3. In a large very hot skillet until add 2 tablespoon of olive oil and immediately add scallops. Sear on high heat, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the skillet.
4. Squeeze in the juice from lemon and white wine. Scrape the bottom of the pan.
5. Remove the pan from the heat, add 2 tablespoons of softened butter to the lemon sauce, and stir, to create a creamy sauce. Add chopped bacon. Add back scallops.