A few weeks ago I used the grill for the first time in my life. I do 98% of the cooking around here so I have always left the 2% grilling to Matt. Plus the grill legitimately terrifies me. Anyway, I had my pork perfectly marinaded and my peach salsa ready to go…just needed Matt to finish his round of golf to grill it. And then the kids started melting down because they were apparently dying of starvation so I took matters into my own hands and YouTubed how to light the grill. And then I Facetimed my dad to supervise me just in case I got blown up and needed someone to call 911 for me.
I am happy to report I kept my eyebrows and served one heck of a dinner that every person in my family devoured.
Pork Tenderloin with Peach Salsa
- 1 tsp freshly grated lime zest
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey optional
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard or your favorite mustard
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1 pound pork tenderloins
- 3 cups peaches, peeled and diced (about six peaches)
- 1/4 cup shallots or red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tbsp lime juice (about 2-3 limes)
- 1 tbsp honey optional
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Zest and juice limes. Combine all ingredients and whisk.
- Place tenderloins in a Ziploc bag and pour marinade over pork.
- Refrigerate overnight, if possible. Otherwise marinate all day the day you plan to cook turning several times.
- Combine all ingredients, stir. Serve immediately.
- Take pork out of refrigerator and allow to rest on counter for a half hour before cooking. Clean grill and either spray or wipe with coconut oil to prevent sticking. Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- Place pork on grill and cook for 18-20 minutes, turning every five minutes creating nice grill marks on all four sides. While pork is cooking prepare salsa.
- When the center of pork is very light pink remove from grill, cover with foil and allow to rest for five minutes.
- Slice pork and top with some salsa. Serve the rest of the salsa on the side.