I published 146 posts in 2020! And since I’ve started blogging in 2011, I’ve published 1,435 posts! Isn’t that wild?! I am so grateful for all of you who read along here, share my blog with others and continue to help build this community of ours!!
I am often asked how I squeeze in blogging as a busy full time working mom. To be honest, it’s definitely gotten more challenging over the years as our lives have become busier. I usually spend around 15 hours (varies depending on the type of content I’m publishing) on my blog each week. It’s definitely not a perfect approach, but I usually blog for an hour first thing every morning. And on the weekends, Matt makes a big pancake breakfast for the kids while I spend a few hours on Saturday and Sunday morning editing photos, linking products, finishing up posts for the coming week and responding to the reader emails and Instagram messages. Instagram messages are always easier because I usually get a lot of the same question in response to a recent post. Reader emails are totally different. Since reader emails are usually deeply personal and heavy (double mastectomy, grief, unexpected medical diagnosis, etc.), I save them for the weekend or nighttime when I can carve out a few quiet hours to clear my head and focus on writing a thoughtful response. So that’s how I do it. Again, definitely not perfect but that’s a peek behind the curtain on how I really keep up with this space. Each year I say “I’m going to find a better balance this year!” and this year I really hope to…
As I continue working on my 2021 goals and plans for Carolina Charm it’s super important to me to hear from YOU! I love to start off each year with a reader poll to hear what your favorite content is. Your feedback helps me tremendously in planning my content and improving your user experience in this space!!
Feel free to answer as many of the questions below as you want in the comments!
- What type of content do you want to see more of? (recipes, family stuff, Amazon finds, the kids, fashion, product recommendations, entertaining, etc.)
- How often do you visit my blog and how do you learn about new posts? (Blog subscriber, blog reader, Instagram, blog is bookmarked, etc.)
- What is something you have been influenced or inspired to do after reading my content?
- Any specific posts you want to see this year?
Aileen Johnston says
I love Recipes, Family Fun, Weekend Catch Ups etc. I am not a huge fan of Fashion Posts (nothing against them, its just I am a lot taller and bigger than you so they don’t really appeal to me but I just scroll past them :)) I also love your entertaining posts not that I will ever be able to entertain like you but I love to live vicariously through you. I love reading Blogs for the more personal side of things but I totally understand they are also a business and you don’t want to share far too many personal things.
I visit your blog every day to see if there is a new post and follow you on Instagram so if you link a new post I will get it there.
I think you have influenced me in a few things but the one thing that has been an absolute game changer especially through lockdown since we sit out by the fire a lot is your S’mores dip. OMG its amazing 🙂
I cant think of specific posts I would like to see, just keep doing what you are doing and I love seeing how you and your family continue to thrive going forward with your crazy lives 🙂 xx
1. Love your Amazon finds, entertaining, fashion/beauty and travel! Recipes are great too! I’m not married or a mom yet so your family content isn’t as relevant to where I am in life, but I still enjoy those topics from time to time too. I used to live in Charlotte so I love any Charlotte content as well!
2. I find new posts through following on Blog Lovin’ and I also follow your Instagram.
3. I’ve tried some of your soup recipes! Also have bookmarked a lot on Amazon 🙂
4. Love all of your daily life / schedule posts! And more Charlotte content!!
Peyton Cline says
1. I honestly look forward to ALL your content. I never visit your blog and am disappointed by what you have posted for the day.
2. I have your blog bookmarked so I visit every morning!
3. I have been “inspired” to purchase LOTS of items 😂 I think I have made 75% of your recipes and they are all delicious. I also am using your kitchen as inspiration for our remodel this year!
4. I love seeing skincare and makeup routines, and I would love to see yours!
katie p nc says
I echo this comment 100% , thank you for typing it out 🙂
and will add, I love seeing the Sprinkles updates too.
Amy Grace Duncan says
I love the basic life posts, family updates, and entertaining posts! I use Bloglovin to follow along.
I love your recipes and entertaining ideas. ! I love your ideas of things you do w your family. I really love following you bc you’re real and sincere and I appreciate that! You don’t just over share product all day which I appreciate! But I know you need to make money too for all your time so I try and like and swipe etc!
Jessica Jones says
1. Love the recipes, family stuff, Amazon finds, product/follow recommendations. I also love your day in the life posts, I am always so interested in seeing how people manage their time and what hacks they use that I may be able to implement! Also, there isn’t a ton of work outside the home mom content out there, so seeing it is so appreciated for those of us in the same boat.
2. Probably once every two weeks where I do a big catch up and read what’s been posted since my last visit. I usually head over after a post/story on Instagram.
3. Soup Sundays, family movie nights, Christmas Mules were a hit on NYE this year!
4. An updated day in the life (if there are any changes), recipes, favorites (social media follows, products), how you make time for hobbies and/or self care, how you divide household/family duties among everyone in your family (or how you manage the mental workload?).
Thanks for all of your hard work! Yours is one of two blogs I actually make the time to read, I appreciate your openness and find you/your life very relatable.
1. I love all of your posts, but some of my favorites are weekend recaps, family stuff, holidays, recipes, and beauty recs.
2. I usually check your blog every morning and also follow you on Instagram.
3. I am getting married this year and can’t wait to start a family, so you inspire me for my future! I am also building a house and have referenced back to your home posts for inspiration.
4. More of the same, especially daily life… and maybe a skin care/beauty product update!
1. Party planning, trips, home decor and daily life
2. Bloglovin, daily
3. We bought a tent after seeing your camping post- my kids love it!
4. Skin care, updates about work/life balance
1. I love your recipes (❤️ Soup Sunday), weekend recaps and day in the life posts! Would love to see more of those! I also love when you insta story!
2. I have your blog saved on Blog Lovin’ see your new posts populate there. I visit when I see you have a new post up and occasionally come to search a recipe.
3. You inspired me to start my own Soup Sunday tradition! Would love to see you share more weekly meal plans! I also am so impaired by you and Matt’s relationship and love when you post about that.
Emily J says
1. Recipes, amazon finds, product reviews, family/kids stuff
2. I follow On Bloglovin
3. We started family movie night but we do it sundays with popcorn (sometimes break the movie up over two nights). We also started pizza Saturday night and over from different pizza places saturdays (and try to stay small/local and try different places often vs chain restaurants)
4. Love all day in the life posts and your recipes, especially whole30 light ones. But really I love Them all so keep it up 🙂
I love reading your blog! You keep it real about daily life craziness and it’s like I’m chatting with a friend. 🙂
What type of content do you want to see more of? – All of it – recipes, family stuff, Amazon finds, the kids, fashion, product recommendations, entertaining, etc. We recently moved to Charlotte and love your local finds/places!
How often do you visit my blog and how do you learn about new posts? – Blog subscriber
What is something you have been influenced or inspired to do after reading my content? Your delicious recipes, entertaining ideas, home decor
Any specific posts you want to see this year? Keep sharing the local stuff, Amazon finds, Kid stuff!
1. Recipes, family stuff, kid stuff, product recommendations, entertaining/hosting, house updates, and friendship
2. Daily – bookmarked
3. Cook, host a party, purchase a product, organize a date night
4. Events you host, party prep, organizing, birthday and holiday gift guides, holiday decorating tours, holiday prep, trips/guides, favorite Etsy shops, Pinterest favorites, weekend recaps, five on five!
Rae B Bush says
Skincare, amazon finds and recipes. . .I almost always buy something you have recommended. I love your day in the life and travel posts also. Keep blogging and posting on Instagram! Love both.
Kristen Schuhardt says
I have followed your blog for years; it’s definitely a bright spot for me every day!
1. I love your recipes! Your buffalo chicken sweet potatoes are a staple in my household. I’d love to see more recipes, Amazon finds, product recommendations, and house updates/hacks.
2. I usually visit your blog every day. If I don’t visit every day, I definitely visit every other. I have your blog bookmarked, and I also follow you on Instagram.
3. I have purchased many products and tried too many recipes to count! My daughter is a bit younger than your children (she is 18 months today), but I plan on trying many of your kid related activities as well.
4. I absolutely love morning routine, night routine, or day in the life posts. I know they’re so time-consuming to write/create, but for some reason, they’re so enjoyable to read!
Thanks for all you do to create such a welcoming, positive space!
Sue Jones says
I look forward to reading your blog everyday. I love all of your content.
I check your blog everyday.
Truthfully pretty much all of it. I have used many of your recipes, I have purchased many things that you have linked, and I have shared your blog with others. I love when you do the Amazon Finds and gift ideas around the Holidays. I love that your blog is about life and not politics. 🙂
Just know that I appreciate the time you put into your blog. It is one of the best. When you don’t do a post which is rarely….I find my self making a sad face.
I’m a working toddler mom so love to see family content like weeknight recipes and activities to do with the kids on the weekends as well as the home decor or shortcut entertaining ideas.
I visit the blog almost daily so I don’t miss a post 🙂
Finally make some design decisions in our relatively new house
Family friendly vacations within driving distance from Charlotte – that are a vacation for Mom and Dad too!
1. Love your blog. It is your blog and I love reading all your sharing. A fellow Christian I feel safe here and what you share is original and sincere. I so enjoy your posts and that you stay true to you. I have un-followed many that feel the need to post openly political views Or put-downs of others Or un-acceptance of others. Or unkindness with “differing views”, and as I was taught…. never say anything that you might see posted on a billboard that you’d be embarrassed by. Life is choice and we all make our own. I like your recipes.
2.i am a reader via Feedly. I always glance daily. Enjoyed all the home updates/ improvements…. gorgeous!
3. Trying to find ideas for the Grandkids. We have 3. You inspire me with your beautiful Dinner parties and enjoy seeing the “spread” and table adornments. As well love the day in a life, routines etc.
Your family is just precious! Happy New Year!
1. Love the family stuff, Amazon finds, product/follow recommendations, party recaps. Love your weekend recaps when you include things that the kids love to do. I also love your day in the life posts, I am always so interested in seeing how people manage their time and what hacks they use that I may be able to implement! I like seeing how you and Matt divvy up the responsibilities to make it work. Your grief posts have also been insightful. I’m fortunate that I have never been in the position of losing a parent but it has helped me to support friends who have.
2. I have your blog bookmarked so I read every day when there are new posts.
3. Love your Amazon recs and I have been influenced to embrace the crazy and try to make the best of it. I appreciate how you are honest that life can be hectic but it’s okay to not be “perfect” (outsourcing, reaching out for help, etc)
4. Love hearing your favorites (social media follows, products), how you make time for hobbies and/or self care, how you divide household/family duties among everyone in your family (or how you manage the mental workload?), how you are coping with the pandemic
Kristin W says
What type of content do you want to see more of? I love seeing family activity posts, DITL on balancing it all or at least trying to!
How often do you visit my blog and how do you learn about new posts? I have your blog bookmarked and visit it directly every other day or so.
What is something you have been influenced or inspired to do after reading my content? I’ve been trying to be more intentional with the time I spend with my husband.
Your blog is one of my favorites and I’ve been around since almost the beginning. I love how real you try and keep your content.
Sara Bockelman says
Love seeing recipes, amazon finds, routines, and family chaos 🙂 I have your blog bookmarked and visit a few times a week. I love to cook and am trying to be more intentional about cooking healthier meals in 2021. Love your party inspiration as well!
Jennifer C. says
What type of content do you want to see more of? Recipes, Amazon finds, product recommendations, home projects
How often do you visit my blog and how do you learn about new posts? I pop in about once a week, but I also follow on Instagram.
What is something you have been influenced or inspired to do after reading my content? I’ve used one of your recipes.
Any specific posts you want to see this year? I love the home decor finds.
What type of content do you want to see more of? Real life, parenting/marriage, Recipes, Amazon finds, product recommendations, home projects
How often do you visit my blog and how do you learn about new posts? I pop in about once or twice a week, but I also follow on Instagram.
What is something you have been influenced or inspired to do after reading my content? I’ve used some of your recipes, bought several items from Amazon, and have been inspired to make more time for time as a family unit.
Any specific posts you want to see this year? I love your marriage/parenting/real life posts. I also love anything related to clothes/ideas for Thomas. I have a son just about his age.
1. Recipes and family stuff definitely! I enjoy every day life things because I have a girl and boy with a similar age difference but just a few yrs younger. It’s nice to see what life will be like soon. And I loved the entertaining posts! Can’t wait til life is normal.
2. I check it almost every day. It’s bookmarked 🙂
3. I’ve tried out many recipes (foods and cocktails) and gotten a few dresses for my daughter. I have used some of your entertainment ideas. I’ve also gone back to old posts to see how you handled the craziness of 2 toddlers with your husband.
4. Recipes, family stuff and entertaining. I also enjoyed your religious/spiritual posts, you are one of the few bloggers that comes across as genuine and not someone that’s just trying to get to a certain demographic.
Thanks for all the hard work you put in, it’s appreciated! I love reading a new post with my coffee in the morning when it’s quiet!
Hi There! Here are my answers to your reader survey:
1. I like all of it, I think that you strike a balance across ALL of your readers. I am married without children, but I like seeing how you balance work/family life. I love ALL of your Amazon recommendations, gift ideas for Matt (have helped me with my husband) and I really like all of the updates about Sprinkles.
2.I visit every day and follow through Bloglovin. I don’t have Instagram, so I appreciate the ability to follow over email. I never miss a post!
3.I have been influenced to cook more. Some of your recipes are now in my home rotation! 🙂
4. Honestly, I think you have done such a good job of striking a balance across the board. I really enjoy the Amazon finds, the Sprinkles updates and the family updates. I also liked having a healthy escape during the summer last year when things were going sideways in the country. Having a place to go with lighter content was truly a blessing. It helped put my mind at ease. I know a lot of bloggers felt the need to comment-but I think some of them went too far. I really appreciated how you balanced it all.
Toni :0) says
Oh goodness how I love you and we’ve never even met. Your blog brings me happiness and is a bright spot on the Internet. To answer your questions, here we go.
What type of content do you want to see more of? Recipes are awesome (girl, that dang Funfetti dip is like crack and got us through quarantine LOL! I love family stuff, Amazon finds, vacation info and just your life in general. Day in the life posts are always fun. Fashion is so so because we aren’t the same size and cute stuff on you doesn’t look great on me. Sprinkles cracks me up and all the adventures she goes on with you. I love that you are a full time working mom and still blog as there aren’t many out there like you. You are relatable and down to earth and tell it like it is which I love.
How often do you visit my blog and how do you learn about new posts? I follow you on Instagram (I always love when you respond back. So sweet and generous given how tight your time is). Your blog is bookmarked.
What is something you have been influenced or inspired to do after reading my content? See that funfetti comment above. Nom Nom Nom. I also loved making the mini ham and cheese sliders with the EBTBS from Trader Joe’s you recommended. They are a huge hit in our home and I made them for both Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.
Any specific posts you want to see this year? You keep up the great work and keep doing what you are able. I appreciate anything you post as again, it’s real and relatable. I enjoy seeing how people declutter and organize their homes as that gives me fun ideas and a kick in the pants to fix my own closets. I just love following your beautiful family. You are a gem and a flashlight for others. Thank you! 💜
I visit your blog daily and it honestly a breath of fresh air to sit back and read your posts.
I am more of a “silent” follower and tend not to comment much but your blog is one of the few that I check daily. I also follow you on Instagram and Blog subscriber so I know when you post.
I love all of your recipes, ideas for meal planning – our family now participates in Sunday Soup, love the family content, home decor/upgrades, Amazon finds/fashion, entertaining, day in the life, exercise and date ideas…I could keep going!
I have been influenced to start movie Friday with our kids and Sunday Soup. I love how you and your girlfriends get together for the monthly supper club and while that is amazing we opt for going out to a restaurant but we still get together to have dinner and drinks.
You are genuine with everything you share and haven’t turned into a “sales person” like so many other bloggers. Thanks for all of your hard work and giving this space so much time and energy.
Shelby Coats says
1. I love and enjoy everything you post. I don’t favor one topic over any of the others ones, because they are all so good and I feel like I can relate to them all. Except Sprinkles…I can’t say that I relate to her because we don’t have one, however, I still LOVE updates/posts on her! I get the biggest kick out of them, so fun!! LOL.
2. Your blog is booked marked, so I check every morning before beginning work.
3. Just about everything! Every recipe of yours that I have tried have been winners in our house. My husband and I loved your bathroom tile so much we ended up going with the exact same one LOL. Definitely saving your kitchen and back porch reno and garage organization for the future. Now that I am a mom and planning birthday parties, I have totally referenced back to your kids parties that you have shared for inspiration first before heading to Pinterest. Any other purchases that you have shared that I bought, I have loved and recommended to family/friends. A lot of Christmas gifts for family and friends this year came from your gift guides- they are just SO good!! I also, just like a lot of other moms this year, can TOTALLY relate to the working from home. My LO isn’t school age yet, so I can’t relate on that level, but just wfh with kids in general, regardless of age, is a full time job in itself. Seeing other people be completely honest and open with how difficult it can be at times, is reassuring that we are not going through this alone.
4. Nothing in particular, I love all your posts!
I used to blog before my LO was born and I know how much time and effort goes into each post, so thank YOU! Your blog is such a breath of fresh air. I wish I was as committed to documenting/sharing as you do. I miss blogging, but love having yours (& a few others to still read)!!
Things I love:
Favorite Things Party
Personal advice- grief was so very well done
All things Sprinkles!
Susan Fuls says
What type of content do you want to see more of? Marriage and how you and Matt carve out time for each other, the kids, day in the life. I think everything has become so glossy on social media with influencers really becoming a thing and I always appreciate real, raw content even if the house is a wreck or the day/evening did not go as planned. It feels so much more relatable. Entertaining – I love everything you’ve done and I’m trying to work up the courage to start my own supper club, but always love your ideas and suggestions. I LOVE the weekend recaps, travel post and other recap posts. I’d love to see more behind the scenes of planning your trips. How do you set a budget, pick lodging, restaurants, etc.
How often do you visit my blog and how do you learn about new posts? I just come check every few days. I’ve learned you typically don’t post daily, so I usually check every 2-3 days or if I see a new post on your instagram. Also love your instagram stories.
What is something you have been influenced or inspired to do after reading my content? I make a lot of your recipes and have used your gift guides. My son is 18M and I’m pregnant with my 2nd so my kids are younger than Caroline and Thomas, but you best believe I’m bookmarking post for when I need them. I’ve bought the mascara you use and a few other beauty items because they aren’t a fortune and are easily accessible.
Any specific posts you want to see this year? I love the personal content, family stuff, marriage, trips and your gift guides are always helpful.
I appreciate how genuine and honest you are. Truly it is so refreshing in today’s wild world to come to your corner of the internet and see the good. I know maintaining your blog is a labor love and it doesn’t go unnoticed.
Love it all keep it going like it is recipes etc all help sprinkles too.
I love reading all your current content – being in South Africa, I can’t always relate to the outfits because I can’t shop them from here but I love your style and seeing it too.
I read your blog every time I log into Bloglovin or see your new post on Instagram – one of my faves 🙂
Always influenced and inspired by your family traditions and recipes.
Love your content so any more of the same x
Your blog is my absolute favorite! You are so genuine, honest, creative and talented. I love everything you post- your recipes, decorating ideas, Amazon favorites, family updates, day in the life, entertaining/party planning, gift guides, weekend recaps, Five on Friday…
I check your blog daily. I love to find a new post and I also love to go back and reread previous ones!
I love how you inspire me to see the silver lining when things get tough. Thank you for the countless hours you spend sharing with your many followers.I don’t know how you do all that you do, but I am thankful for you!
I would love to see more of the same kinds of posts!
1. I love the family, decorating, and entertaining content the most!
2. I’m here a few times a week. I’m a subscriber and read asap when I get the email notification that there’s a new post.
3. I live for the cocktail recommendations! I scope out all the Amazon recommendations and will occasionally but a suggested item. And refer to holiday gift guides throughout the year for birthdays, special occasions, etc.
4. I like it all!
I’d love an ongoing list of the books that you’ve recommended. I put books on my To Read list and forget where I found them. Then when I really like the book, I’d like to “trust” that person’s recommendation again next time!