Sharing a few of my favorite items from Amazon lately…
– READER FAVORITES –
But first…here were YOUR top 10 favorite items this month….
- One Shoulder Maxi Dress
- IT Cosmetics CC Cream
- Boho Spaghetti Strap Maxi Dress
- Supergoop! Glow Stick
- Triangle Bikini Set
- Square Neck Maxi Dress
- Ruffle Mini Dress
- White Tea Fragrance Aroma Diffuser Oil
- Color Wow Dream Coat Supernatural Spray
- OPI Polly Want A Laquer Nail Color
– FASHION –
I dedicated a post to my favorite Amazon Spring Dresses that I highly recommend you check out for a detailed description of each dress. All of these dresses are all hanging in my closet — many of them I’ve worn over and over the past few seasons and a few are new! I tried on and returned a lot of fails but am really excited to show you the winners…
This new top is by The Drop line so the quality is excellent. It’s a “cropped top” so it definitely runs short and hits right at the top of my jeans. It comes in 4 colors, a wide variety of sizes and has a super stretchy fit. I’m 4’11” and am wearing an XS.
– HOME –
Just a reminder to clean your coffee pot if you haven’t in awhile! Apparently you should do this monthly (which I definitely don’t). I really like these Affresh coffee cleaner tablets! You can use them on single-serve and multi-cup brewers.
Always one of my favorite Amazon round-ups each year…my favorite kitchen items!! A lot of these you’ve seen me rave about before, and some items are new to the list! I use every single one of these items either daily or several times a week.
- Rapid Egg Cooker: I discovered and have used this miracle egg cooker since 2018! It can whip up hard boiled eggs, soft boiled eggs, poached eggs, scrambled eggs, individual omelets, and all within minutes of the push start button – it is amazing.
- Meat Mixer Masher Thingy: I am pretty sure you all own one of these by now. This masher works insanely well for breaking up ground meats — hello, taco night! We use this so often that it rarely makes it from the dishwasher to the drawer — I am constantly pulling it straight out to use it another night. You can also use it to mash potatoes.
- Lazy Tools: I think I’ve blogged about these 323543534023 times since 2012, but they really are THAT amazing. I use them every single time I cook on the stove. I love these tools so much that I gifted them at last year’s Favorite Things Party too!
- Air Fryer: I originally purchased the air fryer just for fries (my favorite food) but we use it SOOOOOOOO much!!! Do you know how much better chicken nuggets are once they’ve been warmed up in the air fryer for a few minutes?! Mind blowing. In fact, I cook chicken at least once a week in my air fryer. I highly recommend if you don’t have one.
- Salad Dressing Shaker: Mentioned as a top item from my Daily Faves post, I use this shaker several times a week for dressings and marinades. Monday nights are usually salad night and this shaker always comes in handy for homemade dressings. I also have the smaller size too.
- Fridge Organizer Bins: We use these bins keep snack pouches, fruits, applesauce cups, veggies, yogurts and more organized in the fridge. They are also nice for catching any leaks too.
- Taco Holders: We use this set every Tuesday!
- Wine Opener: Another item from a previous Favorite Things Gift Exchange. It is the most simple and easiest air pump wine opener, which she demonstrated as part of her presentation and we were all amazed. You simply slide the needle into the cork and pump it a few times and the cork pops right out damage-free!
- Spin Mop: Sundays are for spin-mopping in our home! I know this was all the rage during quarantine, but this mop is seriously the BEST.
- Can Crusher: This can crusher has been a game changer for us. We (or I should say I) go through a TON of cans of sparkling water a day and we fill up our recycling container SO fast. Now we all fight over who gets to crush the cans at the end of the day which is seriously so satisfying. And we’ve got lots of room in the recycling bin now! This crusher can smash plastic water bottles, 12 oz cans and 16 oz cans, and comes in 4 colors.
- Wine Glass Holder Drying Rack: I host wine nights pretty often and usually end up tossing all the glasses in the dishwasher…and then regret it later. I finally picked up one of these drying racks and it is fantastic. It holds 6 glasses and folds away for easy storage.
- Nylon Pan Scrapers (3 pk): One of my favorite reader-recommended kitchen items, these scrapers make cleaning scrambled egg pans SO easy. I use one of these scrapers almost daily. They work so well!
- Lemon & Lime Squeezer/Juicer: Another fave gadget for squeezing fresh fruit for cocktails, salad dressings, sauces and so much more!
- Cereal Saver Containers: Last year I finally transferred all the cereal from destroyed boxes to cereal saver containers. Not only do these keep our cereal fresh, they are so much easier for the kids to use. Previously they were cutting the cereal bags down the sides and spilling it everywhere…then not sealing it back up. These are the best!
- Silver Dollar Pancake Pan: Probably one of the most used weddings gifts we ever received. Matt has cooked so many pancakes on this pan over the past 10 years that the handle is starting to fall off.
- Meal Planner Pad: For years I’ve been switching back and forth between this meal plan notepad and this meal plan notepad. I love that both have a perforated grocery list side and a good fridge magnet. However, I’ve always been annoyed with the start day on the planner because I like to kick off my meal plan for the week on Sundays (hello, Soup Sunday!). Anyway, I just used the last sheet in my pad so I went on Amazon to re-order and thought “you know what? I bet I can find a Sunday start note pad…” and boom…here it is! So if you’re like me and prefer a Sunday start, this one just arrived and it checks all the boxes (simple, strong magnet, perforated grocery list…and a Sunday start). It also comes in two sizes and you can pick between Sunday or Monday start.
- Brumate Cocktail Shaker: A leak-proof cocktail shaker!! Last year I tossed our old shaker after buying this one and have never looked back. This shaker also serves as a tumbler and comes with a splash-proof drinking lid. It also keeps beverages/ice cold for a really long time without Comes in 7 colors.
- Baking Mats: I actually got these non-stick silicone mats for Caroline as part of a big baking set and now I use them for baking and roasting too. They work soooo well.
- Black+Decker Dustbuster: I spent wayyyy too much time researching the BEST dustbuster on the market a few years ago for two insanely messy toddlers (and dog, at the time) and found THE BEST dustbuster. Make sure you splurge on the lithium battery version! We use this after every.single.meal to vacuum up all the crumbs.
- Glass Containers: Two years ago I ditched our plastic tupperware for these glass containers! This set comes with 18 pieces.
– BEAUTY –
St. Tropez Self Tanner + Apricot Oil Combo
One of my girlfriends recently gave me the best tip to add a few drops of apricot oil to my St. Tropez self tanner and I am loving this combo. The oil really helps apply the mousse more evenly and moisturizes the skin too. I also stopped using the mitt and apply with my hands so I don’t waste as much product (just make sure to really wash your hands well afterwards). Anyway, I highly recommend this combo.
I’ve been using this full coverage CC cream for years!!! It is lightweight, hydrating and has SPF 50 sun protection! I’ve tried SO many foundations and will forever use this one. I wear color Light. And right now it’s 25% off (not sure for how long).
My sister brought this 50 SPF sunscreen stick to the beach last year and I loved it so much that I immediately purchased one for myself — and just repurchased a new stick for spring break. This dry-oil stick offers glow-boosting hydration and invisible SPF 50 protection. It rolls on SO smooth and leaves a dewy finish without an oily residue. Highly recommend!!
– KIDS –
We order a handful of these dresses from this shop and this shop every spring and fall — sometimes the same prints over and over too! Both shops offer the same great quality and although the dresses run true to size, I recommend ordering a size up as they shrink a bit in the wash. If you don’t see the size you need in one shop, check the other for it. The prices seem to vary from shop to shop too.
Same brands as above, but short sleeve style!
I just adore this casual and comfy ruffle sleeved dress. Caroline has this in mustard and it is so precious. I recommend sizing up 1-2 sizes as it does shrink a bit in the wash over time.
These remind me a lot of the Old Navy dresses we use to buy in bulk for Caroline except there are SO many more adorable prints to pick from! The price on these dresses make them perfect for muddy playgrounds, art classes and messy lunches. And if you love a monogram, these dresses are perfect for adding one!
OK y’all…for those of you who bought the men in your life a pair of floafers (matt’s favorite summer shoe that I’ve blogged about a million times and put on too many gift guides)…there is a KIDS VERSION and oh my goodness they are ADORABLE. Instead of grabbing Natives for the kids this summer, I got them each a pair of these water shoes and I cannot wait for them to wear them to the pool! They come in 13 colors too! And I hate saying “hurry up and buy them — they’ll go fast” but…they are currently at the same price as the mens floafers first were when I bought them for Matt. And as the mens floafers rose in popularity, the price increased a LOT. So just a heads up!
Warm Weather Pajamas
This cotton short sleeve pajama set comes in a pack of 2, runs true to size (although I usually size up for extra room to grow) and is available in 10 prints!
– SUMMER –
A few of my favorite items for summer…
- cover up: Comes in 40+ colors and more than 22k reviews!
- cover up: Just grabbed this in color: type-1 white and cannot wait for it to arrive. Comes in 5 colors.
- spaghetti strap cover-up: this was my go to cover-up last summer. It’s so lightweight, breezy and has adjustable spaghetti straps. Comes in 8 colors.
- crochet cover-up: I just scooped this up in color: c-beige for spring break! Comes in 16 colors.
- crochet tassel: I purchased this cover up two summers ago in hot pink and still wear it all the time. Comes in 40 colors.
- sarong skirt: I have this in black and love it! It does run a little long but it’s so cute and easy to throw on. Also comes in a rainbow of colors and is a great price!
- sunglasses (tortoise/green): these are my favorite Amazon sunnies. I just purchased them in 3 more colors. They are such a flattering fit and come in 13 color combos.
- sunglasses (leopard/purple)
- sunglasses (brown/brown)
- sunglasses (transparent/pink)
- sunglasses (amber tortoise/grey)
- scout bag (swim school)k: I am a HUGE scout bag lover and use these for everything. They especially come in handy for the pool/beach or for vacation packing. I have two of these always packed with something.
- mother daughter tote set: I have the large 4-strap version of this bag and used it a lot for the pool last summer. However, this year they have a mother-daughter set which is SO cute!
- bogg bag (hot pink): The ultimate pool/beach bag. Comes in 30+ colors and several sizes (I have the XL). This bag was super popular last summer — and for good reason. The Bogg bag is super sturdy, durable, waterproof, easily washable (perfect for rinsing out sand)!
- straw tote bag: this is the XL bag I mentioned in #13.
- straw hat (peach pearl 212): I received this for Christmas and cannot wait to break it out for summer!
- straw hat ( 01-fold Belt Khaki): I lived in this hat last summer. Comes in 20+ colors.
- slides (flip weave nude): I am really loving the braided sandal look right now!
- slides (brown)
- slides (weave khaki)
I highly recommend checking out my What We Packed For Spring Break post for a detailed description on each of these items!
Spring Break Packing List Must-Haves
- Towel Holder Clips: I’ve been using these for years! They are so great for keeping your towel in place on your chair so it’s not constantly sliding around.
- Portable Bluetooth Speaker: We take ours everywhere — Matt takes it golfing, we bring it camping, to the beach, hang it outside, etc.
- Supergoop! Glow Stick: My sister brought this 50 SPF sunscreen stick to the beach last year and I loved it so much that I immediately purchased one for myself — and just repurchased a new stick for spring break. This dry-oil stick offers glow-boosting hydration and invisible SPF 50 protection. It rolls on SO smooth and leaves a dewy finish without an oily residue so the kids don’t complain when I roll it all over their faces. Highly recommend!!
- Swim Ear: Swim Ear drops came highly recommended to us after both kids got swimmers ear a few summers ago and we’ve been using it ever since! We put these in the kids ears at bedtime if they’ve been in the pool that day.
- Tommy Bahama Beach Chairs: These are the absolute best beach chairs we’ve ever owned. They adjust to 5 reclining positions including lay flat (perfect for kid beach naps), are lightweight, have a rustproof aluminum frame, adjustable pillow, padded shoulder straps to wear as a backpack, include a cell phone holder, cup holder, folding towel bar and an insulated beverage/storage pouch. Perfect, right? These also come in pair of 2.
- All Terrain Beach Wagon: We have been using this utility wagon for years to tote ALL THE THINGS while on vacation — groceries, luggage, beach toys, heavy coolers and even the kids when they were little and the sand was too hot to walk on. You can unfold it in seconds, doesn’t require any assembly and folds to only 8″ thick so it’s easy to store. It’s available in 5 colors.
- Straw Hat: This cute straw hat was at the top of my Christmas list and I am so excited to wear it all summer! I got the kids size and it fits perfectly (and it’s not much smaller than the adult size). Comes in 2 colors. **I also wanted to share the SUPER cute straw hat I purchased for Caroline after seeing it advertised in my Instagram feed — the Marley Lilly Straw Hat. I love all 3 colors and it’s monogrammed!
- Classic Square Polarized Sunglasses: I own these sunnies in several colors and love them so much. They are inexpensive so I don’t cry when I inevitably lose or sit on them and are a flattering fit for all faces! You can find all my favorite colors in this post.
- Inflatable Pool Noodles: One of my favorite finds last summer for the kids! These inflatable pool noodles are 72″ long, come in a pack of 6 (3 curvy and 3 straight), are super durable and deflate for easy transport and storage. And while we’re covering pool floats, I have to mention my personal favorite float — the Pool Float Hammock! I purchased this float a few summers ago and it really is the best float we’ve purchased. I like that it can be deflated and is easy to store or travel with! It comes in 17 colors and is inexpensive!
- Triangle Two-Piece Bikini: OK y’all — THIS is the Amazon bikini of the year for me. I added it to my cart awhile back and a few days later noticed 2 more added in different colors. Matt saw it in the shopping cart and thought it was such a good looking suit that I needed to buy it in more colors (which is what I typically do when I find a swim suit that I love and fits well). This swim suit is GREAT quality, fits true to size (I purchased mine in size small) and comes in 8 colors. It also has adjustable shoulder straps and the bottoms are mid-rise. I wish the cups were sewn in…but for the price I can’t really complain.
- Skin Pharm SPF: This is a new sunscreen I am trying this year. After sharing my skin concerns with my provider at Skin Pharm, she highly recommended this product. This purely physical sunscreen combines a moisturizing base with tint to improve redness and dull skin. It provides broad-spectrum coverage from UVA, UVB and infrared radiation.
- Supergoop! SPF 30 Lip Balm: My favorite lip protection for summer! This water-resistant (for up to 80 minutes), hydrating lip balm with SPF 30 absorbs both UVA(ging) & UVB(urning) rays so your skin doesn’t.
- Extra Large BOGG bag: This waterproof tote lives up to the hype and we LOVE it. It’s rubber so it’s easy to rinse clean and is big enough to fit ALL our things. It is available in 20 colors. I will say, it is a little pricey but many dupes are now on the market that are much more affordable: Sunbagg / Frogg Toggs / BocaBagg
- Supergoop! Sunscreen: This is the lightweight & hydrating broad spectrum sunscreen we use daily on the kids! It’s always a little painful to purchase the extra large pump bottle each year but gets us almost all the way through summer (depending on how much product my kids waste while applying it). The lotion has a light, refreshing scent & absorbs easily without feeling sticky or leaving a “white-cast”.
- Water Lacrosse Sticks: Takes me back to my high school lacrosse days! This mini size game set is great for playing lacrosse at the pool, beach or in your backyard. And they are easy to toss in the beach bag since they aren’t full size.
- Anti-Fog Swim Goggles: Look, we’ve gone through a TON of goggles over the years (especially for Thomas) and have purchased this set 4 times!!! We keep a set in the trunk of both cars and every pool bag because if Thomas doesn’t have a pair of goggles, he absolutely cannot swim. And these goggles truly are THE BEST. They have an anti-fog coating, a great seal so they don’t leak, provide UV protection, adjustable straps (that are actually EASY to adjust) and a well-designed clasp that allow kids to easily unclip their goggles with one hand.
- Crochet Cover-Up: I just scooped this up in color: c-beige for spring break! I was honestly pretty skeptical how it would fit and when it arrived I was surprised how flattering this cover-up is! I shared this one along with some of my go to cover-ups in this post. Comes in 16 colors.
- Kites: So last year was the first year we brought kites to the beach and completely underestimated how awesome they would be. First, it was entertaining and hilarious to watch Matt get them into the air. And once they were up, they served as a boundary line for the kids while swimming in the ocean — “you can’t go past the kite!”
- Bocce Ball: Matt’s favorite beach game!
- Extra Large Mesh Bag: This extremely lightweight mesh beach bag is durable, huge and holds ALL our beach toys. It’s easy to rinse all the sand out and clean! And it can also be folded down to a tiny size for traveling or storing.
- Shovels: Probably our #1 beach toy. What kid doesn’t want to dig a tunnel down to the ocean or a massive hole? Just make sure to have one per kid. Trust me.
My favorite swim cover-up going on two years now. I purchased another one in a different style (#2 from the Swim Accessories collage above) but ended up returning it after a reader shared that it wrinkles really bad after the first wash. I don’t have time to iron swim cover-ups soooo I’m sticking with this one…which I’ve washed a million times and it still looks perfect!
OK y’all — THIS Triangle Two-Piece Bikini is the Amazon bikini of the year for me. I added it to my cart awhile back and a few days later noticed 2 more added in different colors. Matt saw it in the shopping cart and thought it was such a good looking suit that I needed to buy it in more colors (which is what I typically do when I find a swim suit that I love and fits well). This swim suit is GREAT quality, fits true to size (I purchased mine in size small) and comes in 8 colors. It also has adjustable shoulder straps and the bottoms are mid-rise. I wish the cups were sewn in…but one of my readers shared a GREAT TIP…take it to the seamstress to have the cups sewn in!!! Brilliant!
This is my absolute favorite one piece suit from Amazon that I wore constantly last summer. This suit has a super flattering fit, comes in a million colors and is affordable. Some colors may take longer to ship, so if there’s one you like I’d grab it now!
With pool time at camp each day and swim lessons several evenings a week, we have been super diligent about putting drying aid drops in the kids’ ears each night at bedtime. Swim Ear drops came highly recommended to us after both kids got swimmers ear last summer and we’ve been using it ever since! And so far (knock on wood), we’ve been able to avoid the swimmers ear this summer.