Cake Batter Crispy Treats

Cake batter crispy treats…the rice crispy treat perfected.

Adapted from Gimme
Some Oven
, I slightly tweaked this recipe for my recent girl’s taco night, adding extra sprinkles and a dash of vanilla extract. Within hours of cutting the treats into perfect little squares I realized half of them had disappeared from the plate. I hunted down my husband, only to catch him crispy treat in hand! Since they are quick to whip up, I decided to make an extra batch before the girls arrived. By the end of the evening, there wasn’t one crispy treat left! I see another batch in store for this week…

Cake
Batter Crispy Treats

Tbsp. butter

½
Tbsp. vanilla
1 (10 oz.) bag of mini marshmallows
1/4 cup yellow cake mix

cups Rice Krispies cereal

(1.75 oz.) container of sprinkles

Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows. Stir until
they begin to melt, adding in (dry) cake mix one spoonful at a time so its
combined. Stir in cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture.
Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and mix. Press into a baking dish (any size
will do) and top with remaining sprinkles. Let sit for about 30 minutes before
cutting.

You can never have enough sprinkles! I even threw in a few heart sprinkles that I had left over from a recent recipe.

Pretty,
fun and tasty! Now hurry up and go make some!

1. Mel (Northern Lights)
    July 19, 2012 / 1:45 pm

so good! I may need to make these for Aubree's bday party!

2. Dee Stephens
    July 19, 2012 / 2:31 pm

I might have to try those this weekend. Not that I need them!!

3. Emily
    July 19, 2012 / 2:33 pm

Oh my gosh, these look soooo good! I will definitely be getting all the necessary ingredients next time I go to the store! I can't wait to try them!

4. Colleen
    July 19, 2012 / 2:36 pm

Oh. em. gee. I might have to make these immediately. Now I don't know whether to make this or that delicious cake first. What a conundrum! These pictures look gorgeous Christina!

5. Life at the White House
    July 19, 2012 / 2:49 pm

Totally doing this! Cake mix must be the secret to making everything better?!

6. Jess
    July 19, 2012 / 3:16 pm

I'm going over to a friend's house tonight and I was going to make cookies, but I think I now might make this. Thanks for the easy recipe, dear!

7. Ashley
    July 19, 2012 / 3:50 pm

YUM!!! I jjust made these on Saturday!!! The pan is totally gone now!! They were the best!! I will be making them again!! Instead of yellow cake mix I used white!!

8. Sarah O
    July 19, 2012 / 5:09 pm

I made this exact same thing last night! We are a little obsessed with them in our household. They are so good, and easy!

9. Leigh Powell Hines (Hines-Sight Blog)
    July 20, 2012 / 11:41 am

That looks good, and I bet if you use Trader Joes Rice Krispies, it's even healthier.

10. Sarah
    July 20, 2012 / 6:27 pm

I've made these too many times to count and they always disappear right away! They are just SO good!

11. Fashion Meets Food
    July 23, 2012 / 12:38 pm

Yum! These are one of my favorites. My roommate in college use to make them every Thursday. xx

12. Heather Davidson
    July 25, 2012 / 10:21 pm

I love your blog! I made these for my bachelorette viewing party and they were a big hit!Thanks for the inspiration :)I'm new to the blog world and would love pointershttp://limeandsaltplease.blogspot.com/

13. Jdwg51887
    September 17, 2012 / 7:12 pm

I don't want to sound stupid but I have never made rice krispy treats before and I was wondering after you melt the butter and marshmellows do you take it off heat or do you leave it on low heat when your put in the cereal and cake mix?