Matt’s 32nd Birthday!

Sunday was Matt’s 32nd birthday, which meant we celebrated all weekend long.

Instead of a traditional funfetti birthday
cake, I decided to bake a fresh strawberry and coconut cake – from scratch! I
promise to share my recipe because this one definitely goes down as one of my
best cakes, ever!

{Birthday presents}

On average, I spend approximately 40
minutes browsing the card aisle at Target. I have to read every single option
before I select one. Am I the only person who does that?

Anytime Matt and I sit down to watch a
movie, I end up completely distracted pinning, tweeting, blogging, facebooking
etc. It drives Matt absolutely crazy when I ask him a million questions halfway
through movies about what I’ve missed. So, as part of this gift, I promise to
actually watch the first season of Suits {for the second time} without
any social media distractions.

Gifts: 3 lb bag of Swedish Fish {favorite
candy}, Season One of Suits, Desktop Golf, and a Jos. A Bank Tie Bar {Matt
swears these are “coming back in style”}

We went to Fig Tree for Matt’s
birthday dinner, which was one of the best meals I have ever had in Charlotte.
We will be back for sure!

Happy Birthday Matt! I hope 32 is your best
year yet! I love you!

1. the girl in the red shoes
    July 9, 2012 / 1:13 pm

I do the same thing with cards at Target and the same thing with movies too! Ha! I'm glad Matt had a great birthday!

2. Elizabeth
    July 9, 2012 / 1:14 pm

Happy birthday Matt! Can't wait to see the recipe for that cake! And I get in trouble during movies for the same thing – I'm always pinning or blogging when my fiance and I try to watch a movie!

3. Kate
    July 9, 2012 / 1:33 pm

Fig Tree is my favorite restaurant in Charlotte. Hands down! We celebrated my 30th birthday there 🙂

4. Nicole-Lynn
    July 9, 2012 / 1:34 pm

What a wonderful wifey you are for making your hubby feel so special on his birthday! 🙂

5. Jane {In the Pink and Green}
    July 9, 2012 / 1:59 pm

Looks like a great birthday! I do the same thing at Target with cards, I can never decide!! And I'm totally the same way when my husband and I watch a movie too, it's so hard for me not to be blogging or doing something on the computer! I'm jealous of your hubby's bag of Swedish fish, those are my fav 🙂

6. Sarah O
    July 9, 2012 / 2:07 pm

That cake looks and sounds wonderful. And I spend an embarrassing amount of time looking at cards too.

7. Emily
    July 9, 2012 / 2:10 pm

Just found your blog! So adorable!

8. Hannah
    July 9, 2012 / 2:24 pm

Looks like a fun birthday! I love the looks of that cake. Sounds delish!

9. [darci @ the good life]
    July 9, 2012 / 3:19 pm

But fo' real…. you are SO GOOD at making cakes! I love it! And what a fun birthday — you did great, friend…. always fun to make your hubby's day extra special. 🙂

10. Faith
    July 9, 2012 / 3:37 pm

i do the same thing when browsing for cards, haha. when i'm with hubs it drives him insane.looks like a great birthday. the cake looks so yummy!happy birthday to your hubby!!

11. megan
    July 9, 2012 / 3:54 pm

Cards are not something to take lightly! They have to be a perfect fit! 🙂 That cake looks delicious! Happy Birthday to your hubby!

12. Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren
    July 9, 2012 / 4:21 pm

I make my husband crazy with the social media during TV shows too. Looks like a great birthday! And Matt may be right {or in a weird group that includes my husband} with the tie bar.

13. Brynn {In Bloom}
    July 9, 2012 / 5:13 pm

what a cute pic of your birthday man! love him and YOU! xo

14. Jess
    July 9, 2012 / 5:16 pm

Your hubby and mine could be best friends–both love swedish fish and both could talk about how their wives are always distracted when movies come on. haha 🙂 Love the cake though and can't wait to hear how you made it.

15. Amy {Fresh and Fancy}
    July 9, 2012 / 6:46 pm

Your cake is beautiful – loving all your cute cake toppers! Can't wait to get the recipe from you! You did a great job with his bday! Hope ya'll had a fun night!

16. Jordan Cole
    July 9, 2012 / 8:48 pm

AWWW! Yay for birthday boys! You did a fantastic job on his cake as usual and he looked so handsome during birthday dinner!

17. Autumn
    July 9, 2012 / 10:00 pm

New reader to your blog but I adore it! Can't wait for the cake recipe – it looks awesome.

18. Leigh Powell Hines (Hines-Sight Blog)
    July 10, 2012 / 12:37 am

That cakes looks divine. I love coconut. I can't wait to hear about it. What a wonderful and special birthday!

19. Katie {Miss Dixie}
    July 10, 2012 / 1:54 am

Your cake looks simply fabulous! My hubbys bday is Thursday- and I am prepping the cake already! {Martha Stewart icebox layer cake} Loved your flag on the cake as well.

20. The Fancy Lady
    July 10, 2012 / 4:47 am

happy birthday to your hubby! my loves name is matt to loli do the same thing in the card isle i'm there forver and dont even get me started on when i go into papyrus lol

21. Britt
    July 10, 2012 / 5:57 pm

Happy Birthday to the hubby! We share the same bday:)

22. Caitlin
    July 10, 2012 / 7:05 pm

I am SUCH a card junkie! I will spend at least an hour picking out a card as well. In my mind, if I'm going to pay over 3$ for a small piece of paper, it better be perfect for that person and say what I want it to say!!Hope Matt had a great birthday!!! 🙂

23. Kathleen Dunn
    July 11, 2012 / 3:57 am

Enjoy Suits!! It's totally amazing! AND the two main characters aren't hard on the eyes either 😉 Fantastic blog and photos by the way. Your wedding pictures helped me decide on Dianne for our wedding as well!! You were such a beautiful bride! Happy Bday to your hubby!

24. Laurie @
    July 11, 2012 / 4:30 am

Oh Yum!!! You are such a good wife! 🙂 32 is a BIG deal 😉 I love birthdays!

25. Megan@TwoDelighted
    July 11, 2012 / 12:05 pm

Happy Birthday Matt!!! I know with such a lovely wife it was wonderful day!

26. Laura @ Our Life in the Queen City
    July 11, 2012 / 2:59 pm

hahaha my husband loves his tie bar/clip and yes, says theyre definitely in style! haha!