One Year Anniversary!

One year later and I love you even more! Happy anniversary, Matt!

We chose to celebrate our anniversary all weekend because, well, why not?

Anniversary Dinner at TST

First up, dinner. Matt and I decided to have our anniversary dinner at the place where it all began, Thomas Street Tavern.Β

You can read all about how we met {HERE}! The photo above was taken from our {engagement session}.

After dinner we came home and pulled the top layer of our wedding cake out of the freezer to thaw…

We had totally expected the cake to taste awful, but it was actually not that bad. I will say, after an entire piece we admitted it tasted “old.”

We also watched our wedding video {filmed by Isabels Corner Videography} for the FIRST TIME! Yes, the first time! Shortly after our wedding we received our video and decided it would be extra special to save it for our first anniversary, and I am so glad we did! There were so many special moments that I truly got to watch for the first time since the wedding went by so quickly. For brides on the fence about videography – DO IT. This
video captures more than pictures ever could and we will cherish it forever. We are so happy we booked a
videographer {last minute} as our wedding present to each other!

We also exchanged traditional first year wedding anniversary PAPER gifts…

Β Tickets to a 3 day Bahamas cruise! We set sail this Friday!

You can read my sappy post I wrote for our wedding day {HERE}.

1. Lindsey @ be pretty
    November 5, 2012 / 12:42 pm

Ahhh, sweetie! Happy anniversary, doll… what a beautiful day with a gorgeous couple. The vid brought me to tears. Have a WONDERFUL time on the cruise… ahhhh much needed! xoxo

2. Laura at Simply Lowcountry
    November 5, 2012 / 1:45 pm

How sweet!!! Happy Anniversary!! I love, love love your wedding dress. Have a wonderful vacation. Xo-Lsimplylowcountry.blogspot.com

3. Brynn {In Bloom}
    November 5, 2012 / 1:48 pm

Happy happy anniversary to one of our favorite couples! What a fun day that was last year – whoa how times flies!! Can't wait to see you soon! Love you.

4. Jill D
    November 5, 2012 / 1:52 pm

What a beautiful video! It makes me that much more excited for our wedding next year πŸ™‚ Enjoy your cruise!

5. Katie {Miss Dixie}
    November 5, 2012 / 1:56 pm

Oh my gosh, you were simply a stunning bride! That is the sweetest video I've ever seen! Our videographer ended up being a weirdo, unfortunately and put Bob Marley music to our wedding video. So not what we had in mind, ha! Happy Anniversary, enjoy your cruise lucky lady!!!! PS They only get better πŸ™‚

6. Andrea
    November 5, 2012 / 2:03 pm

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Isn't amazing how quickly that first year of marriage goes. Enjoy your cruise and many more years together!

7. Megan@TwoDelighted
    November 5, 2012 / 2:14 pm

Happy anniversary to two special hearts! Have the best time ever this weekend! I will be jealous. πŸ™‚

8. Rachel Silski
    November 5, 2012 / 2:16 pm

Happy anniversary! I was not as brave to save any of my cake!! Have fun on the cruise!

9. Dee Stephens
    November 5, 2012 / 2:21 pm

So fun! Ya'll will have a GREAT time on your cruise.Love the video :)We saved our cake but Brad refused to eat any saying it was gross. LOL!

10. Maggie
    November 5, 2012 / 2:25 pm

Happy Anniversary! Gorgeous pictures, video and couple. Enjoy your special trip!

11. Amanda
    November 5, 2012 / 2:32 pm

You two are absolutely adorable! Congrats on one year and many more years of happiness to come!

12. megan
    November 5, 2012 / 2:34 pm

Happy Anniversary! I feel like I was just reading your recap posts yesterday! What a great idea to wait until your anniversary to watch your video!

13. April of A. Liz Adventures
    November 5, 2012 / 3:19 pm

HOLY MACKEREL, what a super sweet wedding video! I absolutely love it and the song choices are perfect. Ya'll are so happy in love. Cheers to many, many more. And lastly, bon voyage!

14. Elaine
    November 5, 2012 / 3:36 pm

πŸ™‚ Happy happy anniversary!!

15. Robin
    November 5, 2012 / 4:30 pm

Happy Anniversary!! What a gorgeous video, and dress! I love the idea of saving the video…I may have to steal that for down the road!

16. Mel (Northern Lights)
    November 5, 2012 / 4:37 pm

Happy Anniversary!!!! It's crazy how quickly time flies. I feel like it was just yesterday when we were making pom poms and all we did was talk wedding πŸ™‚ LOVE YOU TWO!!!

17. Kelly
    November 5, 2012 / 4:42 pm

Your wedding dress is absolutely gorgeous! Happy Anniversary!!

18. All At Once
    November 5, 2012 / 4:52 pm

such a beautiful video~ not having a video like this is the only regret that I have about our wedding day

19. Megan
    November 5, 2012 / 5:03 pm

Happy anniversary!! The video is so sweet! Love your dress. I think I want a videographer at my wedding. πŸ™‚

20. Colleen
    November 5, 2012 / 5:31 pm

Happy Anniversary honey!! Such a sweet video, am totally tearing up at work. Congrats and have a fantastic time on your trip!!

21. Lexilooo
    November 5, 2012 / 6:23 pm

happy anniversary! love the idea of saving the video to watch later!

22. Erin
    November 5, 2012 / 6:35 pm

Love that you waited to watch the video, that's such a sweet idea. Happy Annoversary!!

23. Leigh Powell Hines
    November 5, 2012 / 7:06 pm

What a beautiful video. And congratulations! It brought tears to my eyes. Enjoy your second honeymoon.

24. toi
    November 5, 2012 / 7:52 pm

happy anniversary πŸ™‚

25. Faith
    November 5, 2012 / 8:26 pm

SO perfect! Happy Anniversary!Our 3rd anniversary is tomorrow and I'm so excited to watch our wedding video!

26. Erin O.
    November 5, 2012 / 9:32 pm

What a fantastic video! Seriously. I am putting this on my list of to-do for the big day! What was the song used in your video? Very unique and lovely. P.S. Happy Anniversary.Love love love your dress!

27. May
    November 6, 2012 / 12:22 am

i love you guys!! I love your video! That is fantastic!!! Congratulations πŸ™‚ xoxoxox

28. Allison
    November 6, 2012 / 12:29 am

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding looks like it was perfect! My Dad is a wedding videographer so I always, always tell people to get a videographer. We watch our video every year and you are right about it capturing so much more than pictures can! Enjoy your cruise!

29. natasha {schue love}
    November 6, 2012 / 6:11 am

Happy Anniversary! Love how you celebrated! Cheers!!

30. Caley-Jade Rosenberg
    November 6, 2012 / 2:10 pm

Happy Anniversary!!Such a special day and truly beautiful celebrations!I can't believe you waited a WHOLE year to watch your video – that is amazing discipline!! It is a tradition for us to watch ours every year too, and we love it!x

31. Whitney of Washington
    November 6, 2012 / 3:04 pm

Happy Anniversary!! What a great way to celebrate!

32. Maran (HeyHawleywood)
    November 6, 2012 / 5:39 pm

Happy Anniversary!! Love how you spent your weekend and am super jealous of your cruise! Enjoy!

33. Samara
    November 7, 2012 / 7:39 am

I've been slowly getting into folk music in the last couple of years or so ago and absolutely LOVE these songs you picked!! I just downloaded them from the Itunes store to play in my car on a sunny day! πŸ™‚ And omg, the videographer you had is AMAZING! Reminds me a bit of "The Wonder Years". LOOOOOVE it! πŸ™‚

34. Fash Boulevard
    November 7, 2012 / 9:28 am

Happy Anniversary. You two are too cute. Your dress was adorable. Love these pictures.I would love for you to stop by my blog and check out my latest outfit, I'd love to know what you think!www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

35. Courtney @ line up and wait
    November 8, 2012 / 2:59 am

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful and sweet clip from your wedding video!

36. The Wanna-be Southern Belle
    November 9, 2012 / 3:53 am

Aww happy anniversary!!! Such a beautiful video!! U guys are adorable love it!!

37. Mrs. Sergeant
    November 12, 2012 / 8:04 am

Happy Anniversary! New follower here! You are just too cute. Have fun on your vacation!

38. Nicole-Lynn
    December 14, 2012 / 7:08 pm

So sweet! Happy (belated) 1st anniversary! It's such a special anniversary and it looks like you two made it extra special and enjoyed it! πŸ™‚