Christmas Gift Exchange Party

Earlier this week my friend McKinsey hosted a gift exchange party for 14 girls in her home. Out of all of the gift exchanges I’ve ever been to this was the dirtiest and most aggressive one yet, which meant it was a blast! The gift limit was $35 and some girls definitely went above it or brought items you normally wouldn’t splurge on for yourself without a special occasion…these gifts were the hottest items at the exchange.

I brought a gift card for a pedicure at Polished Nail Bar and walked away with my favorite  Rewined Candle and a $10 Starbucks gift card!

There were tons of great presents under the tree, but the gifts below each hit their limit of THREE steals max as soon as they were opened! So if you ever need a gift idea for an exchange party…

Gift Exchange Party

pedicure gift certificate // max & chloe bib necklace // volcano candle // rewined candle // OPI Christmas collection // starbucks gift card // target gift card // tory burch umbrella

After the exchange was finished everyone hung around drinking wine and snacking on appetizers to rekindle friendships that were at stake during the exchange war. Kidding, well kind of.

What are some of the best gifts you’ve fought over at gift exchanges this year?

1. Caitlyn {Home Sweet Ruby}
    December 19, 2013 / 4:11 pm

So fun! IThose Rewined Candles are always for sale in the old Charleston market, they smell so good! I posted about gift ideas today too, and a Starbucks gift card was definitely on my list!! 🙂

2. Kalen
    December 19, 2013 / 4:14 pm

Man I need to be invited to the gift exchange next year…those are some amazing gifts!

3. Zelle Brown
    December 19, 2013 / 4:21 pm

I always love gift exchanges! We're having one at our office tomorrow — and I'm interested to see what everyone brings (mine includes a Starbucks card…) Those Rewined Candles are perfect! I'm definitely needing one of those!xo A Southern Style

4. Jillian Manesh
    December 19, 2013 / 4:36 pm

yahh! that rewined candle is on my wishlist! my friends and i are doing our gift exchange this weekend! xo jillian

5. Jane {In the Pink and Green}
    December 19, 2013 / 5:31 pm

I love love love those candles, they are amazing! xoxo

6. Jodi
    December 19, 2013 / 6:10 pm

How fun! It's such a fun time of year. I agree with all of the above recommended gifts. I would be happy with any and all of those 😉 You have to add Trader Joe's Cookie Butter to that list! 😉

7. melissa
    December 19, 2013 / 6:25 pm

Now this is a gift exchange I can get behind! Such fun items! I hate the ones where people buy tacky junk. Such a waste. At our annual friends' holiday party last year there were legitimate arguments and claims of collusion (!) It was not pleasant. So of course the host has decided to do it again this year. Oy vey. Wish us luck!

8. Maureen SIM
    December 19, 2013 / 7:00 pm

I got one of those candles as a bridesmaid last year and LOVED it!

9. Abby
    December 19, 2013 / 7:50 pm

What fun gift ideas! I have never been to an all girls gift exchange… it sounds like my kinda party! 😉 xo Always, Abby

10. Kelly
    December 19, 2013 / 7:52 pm

I love Rewined! Their shop is right along my way home from work here in Charleston and if you drive by with the windows open, it smells so good!

11. Tati
    December 19, 2013 / 10:10 pm

Great blog, love itTatiana

12. BLovedBoston
    December 20, 2013 / 12:50 am

I want to go to the swaps you guys have!! I would have definitely wanted anything in that gift exchange!! Especially that necklace!! :)

13. jess @ Quaintrelle
    December 20, 2013 / 2:12 am

You know, I haven't done a gift exchange EVER but it seems to fun! It's so nice when people actually go out and splurge on things I would never buy for myself! I think I'll have to organize one for next year!jess | Quaintrelle

14. Alyssa at Southern Abundance
    December 20, 2013 / 3:48 am

Rewind Candle Company has become a new favorite of mine this year! I love giving gift cards, scarfs, and cute stationary… three things I feel you can never go wrong with 🙂

15. Bliss and Blunders of a Newlywed
    December 20, 2013 / 8:30 pm

I want to try those Rewind Candles so bad! I have read about how much you love them! They look amazing! Such fun gift ideas!