Popping in to share my favorite cinnamon bread Christmas gift recipe!
Last week I dropped off mini loaves of cinnamon bread to Thomas and Caroline’s teachers. My mom has been making cinnamon bread every Christmas season for as long as I can remember for neighbors and friends. A few years ago I stole her tradition. These little loaves are SO easy to whip up quickly in a large batch and are extremely delicious. I always make one large loaf for my family to eat for breakfast too.
I stock up on holiday ceramic mini loaf pans for $1 each at Michaels. There are so many colors and prints. You can also use disposable tins too. I found some super cute holiday disposables (comes in lots of colors) and ceramic pans (another cute option too) on Amazon!
Cinnamon Bread Christmas Gift
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
For the Topping
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking powder & salt.
3. In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk & oil. Gradually pour the dry flour mixture into bowl and mix well.
4. Grease baking dishes and pour the mixture an inch below to the top (so it doesn't overflow while rising).
5. In a small bowl, mix the topping ingredients. Sprinkle generously on top of each loaf and swirl in with a knife.
6. Bake mini loaves for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. For larger dishes, you may need to bake for about 40 minutes.
Christmas Cinnamon Bread
The perfect teacher, neighbor, bus driver, mailman, co-worker, etc. gift!
Laura Darling says
These sound delicious. What a perfect little gift!
These look so pretty and sound delicious! I think I might need to make some for Christmas morning!
Regine Karpel says
This looks amazing – what a fun idea, too!
Owen Davis @ Davis Duo says
YUM! And such a nice gift!
The mini cinnamon loaves look delicious! How many loaves does one recipe make?
When I made it, the recipe made 6 mini loaves!
Did you bake the 6 mini loaf at the same time?
Toniann goehring says
I want to thank you so much for this recipe! I wanted to bake mini breads for my sons wedding and I am not a great baker LOL I wanted a recipe that seems simple without 1000 ingredients. These breads came out so cute and so perfect, everyone absolutely loved them❤️
I wanted to try out the recipe for my son’s birthday before I made the mini loaves. Do you think the recipe would make 1 or 2 regular loaf pans?
Janet Copeland says
What size are the containers you used, how many ounces?