Happy Good Friday to you! What a wonderful week filled with GOOD NEWS and Easter preparations. I love Easter so I’ve been looking forward to this weekend for awhile now. We are leaving this afternoon to head to Matt’s parents house in Winston. Tomorrow we have big plans for an Easter egg hunt, a huge Easter brunch and a visit with the Easter bunny! Afterwards we’ll head back to Charlotte so we can attend our church on Easter Sunday.
– ONE – I threw together a few little Easter baskets for Caroline’s teachers. After Matt dropped Caroline and the goodies off yesterday I realized that we’re probably getting kicked out of the daycare for bringing peanut butter on site. Mom fail.
– TWO – Caroline’s Easter basket is ready and I am so proud of myself for not going overboard. I am pretty confident that the pink grass is going to be Caroline’s favorite part so I decided it would be dumb to overspend on the rest of the stuff. I received the Easter basket as a gift from my baby shower last year but picked everything else up from the dollar aisle at Target for a grand finale of maybe $15? Contents include a bunny sippy cup, sunglasses, bubbles x2, headband x2, a Spring plate and a set of rubber duckies for bath time. She’ll love it. And if not, well, she’s getting two more Easter baskets from the Grandparents.
– THREE – As I rush around the house today folding laundry, chasing Caroline, packing our bags, picking up toys and loading the car, I can’t help but stop just for a moment and reflect on the cross. Jesus, our holy and righteous and blameless God, went to the cross and conquered the grave…for me…and for you! To me it is overwhelmingly humbling and deeply encouraging to know that we are worth that! Jesus desires a relationship with us, one that is personal and life giving! His resurrection gives us eternal hope.
– FOUR – I am so excited about incorporating more and more traditions each year into our Easter holiday as Caroline and Thomas get older. Dying eggs, leaving chalk prints on the driveway from the “bunny”, competitive egg hunts, Sunday church in our Easter best, a big tasty meal and more, it is going to be so much fun. Here is one Christ centered Easter activity that I am especially excited about – the 12 eggs of Easter. Find more details (here). Would love to know what your family Easter traditions are too!
– FIVE – And speaking of GOOD NEWS…earlier this week my sister and Ryan announced their PREGNANCY! My family is so, so, so excited for another babe! Thomas and Baby S will be 3 months apart and the very best friends. We are headed home to Florida next weekend and my sister and her hubby are going to do a little gender reveal party while we’re there! Cannot wait!!!