Happy Friday! It’s been a good but busy week and I couldn’t be more thrilled for the weekend ahead. Matt
and I have lots of chores on the books this weekend like trimming bushes, cleaning our deck and patio, scrubbing outdoor furniture down and all sorts of other fun house projects to get ready for Caroline’s party next weekend. Let’s hope that the 100% chance of rain forecasted for tomorrow is a joke so our guests don’t all walk away with green bottoms next weekend.
Also, a little announcement – starting in May (which is next week!) I will be taking a summer break from the Five on Friday link-up and will also be blogging less frequently. As the days of a family of 3 quickly count down I want to make sure I’m spending extra time with my people this summer! Don’t worry, I’ll still be popping in with important updates (liiiiiike, Caroline’s birthday party, our family beach vacation, my growing belly and of course the highlight of the summer – the birth of Thomas). But outside of those things I don’t want to feel committed to the blog during this season. You can always keep up with me on instagram though!
Okay, on to the (last) five for awhile…
– ONE – It’s Teacher Appreciation Week! To make sure Caroline’s teachers felt extra loved I wanted to bring them a little something, so I bagged up some
store bought sugar cookies, added a quick printable and finished the goodie bags off with a ribbon. Super easy and cost me all of $6 for 3 teachers. Oh, and they loved it.
– TWO – Last weekend Matt and I attended a gorgeous wedding at my favorite venue in Charlotte, The VanLandingham Estate. I’ve been sitting on a blowout gift card since last September and finally cashed it in for the event. I honestly cannot remember the last time I broke away for some “me time”, not because I don’t have the time but because I really hate being away from Matt and the muffin during our weekends. We pretty much do everything as a family of 3 on the weekends from oil changes to grocery store trips. Anyway, my blowout pampering session was probably the most relaxing 30 minutes I’ve had in months! And it lasted for days and looked quite good in my opinion…(THANKS MOM)!
– THREE – I’ve been dropping off meals to a handful of new mamas the past few weeks. In addition to the dinner for the night, I like to sneak in a second homemade frozen meal for them to slide into their freezer for after their meal train slows down. I remember a few girlfriends doing this for me and it was the nicest surprise ever! For my freezer meals I broke out my cute Carolina Charm recipe cards that my friend McKinsey had made for me last year for my birthday. How adorable are these?!
– FOUR – I have no clue how this happened but last Sunday I woke up and saw my instagram feed flooded with reminders about Lilly for Target. I hopped on the mobile website (which is terrible, by the way) and somehow was able to score a little something for me and a little something for Caroline. I couldn’t believe it seeing how there were probably 2345394623423 Lilly lovers ahead of me that morning emptying out the online inventory. Anyway, these types of tunics rarely fit my petite frame (usually way too long or blousy) but I’m hopeful. If it doesn’t fit I guess I’ll just throw it on ebay for $350. Kidding. I’ll return it to Target and make some lucky lady’s day.
– FIVE – I cannot even begin to tell y’all how dang excited I am for next weekend! My sister and Ryan are flying in and my parents are driving up (dad still can’t be in airports) for Caroline’s birthday party. Since our last trip home was abruptly cancelled due to the flu, I haven’t seen my parents since CHRISTMAS which was 5 months ago!!!! I absolutely cannot wait for everyone to arrive…and then put them to work on tissue paper pom poms for Caroline’s party – ha! But seriously, the last time my parents were able to come to Charlotte Caroline was this tiny…
Write your post about five things you’re lovin’ this week (or any five things
you want to share!).
2.) Share the logo on your blog and link back.
Link-up at the bottom of the post so some new readers can check out your five
things and say hello!