I shared our new favorite Christmas cocktail on Instagram and had some requests for the recipe! It’s the perfect blend of slightly sweet and slightly tangy. I highly recommend whipping one up.
For my cocktail, I drizzled in fresh honey from Southern Farms. The honey is optional, but it does add a delicious sweetness. It just depends on how sweet you like your cocktails.
Also, I love a garnish — especially for holiday cocktails. If you do too, go wild with it! Add in tons of cranberries, rosemary and your squeezed limes. It’s these details that make the mule so much more festive.
One last note, make sure you’re using 100% real cranberry juice from concentrate.
OK, for real, last note…my original recipe calls for regular vodka, but I purchased a bottle of Deep Eddy’s cranberry vodka and goodness, it makes this cocktail SO much more dangerous.
- 2 oz vodka
- ginger beer (can use regular or diet)
- splash 100% real cranberry juice
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- honey (optional)
- cranberries (for garnish)
- rosemary (for garnish)
- In a cocktail shaker, add vodka, cranberry juice, a generous squeeze of lime and a drizzle of honey, if using. Shake well. Like, really well. This makes all the difference!
- Pour over a glass full of ice and top with ginger ale.
- Garnish with cranberries, lime and rosemary.