Here we are, half way to one year! Despite the craziness of our life these days I honestly have never been happier. Our lives feel so full with our little man and we treasure every minute with him because we know how fast this year flies by. In all honesty, it took me a solid 4-6 months to adjust to being a mommy to Caroline but with Thomas it’s been so different. I don’t mind washing bottles, homemaking baby food or seeing our house wrecked with infant devices. I truly want time to slow down and have enjoyed every stage so much more this time around. We’ve also found ourselves babying Thomas a lot more than we did with Caroline. For example, this week Matt and I finally pulled the trigger and let Thomas sleep in his crib in the nursery instead of in the pack & play next to our bed. And we missed him. However, you cannot beat the sweetest little noises (even at 5:59 am) between these two. Caroline wakes up and is so excited to see her brother in the crib next to hers and they babble back and forth. We sure do love these babies.
Six Month Highlights:
- 14 pounds
- First Christmas and trip to Florida and met Grandpa!
- First trip to the emergency room for a super high fever. First ear infection, which turned into his first double ear infection. Poor little man battled his second nasty cold for over two weeks – terrible cough that would cause him to vomit up his bottles, too congested to sleep, etc.
- Takes four 8 ounce bottles during the daytime and 4 ounces of purees twice a day. So far we’ve done sweet potatoes, butternut squash, blueberry + chickpea, carrots and mixed veggies.
- Size 2 diapers, 6-9 months clothes.
- Transitioned to crib in nursery.
- Holding his own bottle when he wants to.
- Obsessed with tags, strings and cups.
- Wakes up smiling and doesn’t stop until he goes to sleep. Nothing makes him light up more though than when his sister is around. Those two have such a deep love for one another.
- Pacifier is hit or miss. Finally putting it back in his own mouth when it falls out.
- Loves his feet and touching everyone’s face.
- Has reached for us to pick him up a few times.
- Sitting up unassisted for short periods of time before falling over.
- Took a tumble out of his swing so now he’s strapped in at all times.
- Introduced sippy cup just because he kept reaching for sissy’s cup. He mostly just chews on it.
- Lost 3 contacts this month.
Six month favorites: Ear thermometer / Exersaucer / Fisher-Price Lights Piano / Sippy Cup / Winkel Rattle / Links Toy / Baby Einstein Tag Along Tunes / JJ Cole Agility Carrier & Baby Bjourn
/ Mustela PhysiObebe No Rinse Cleanser / Dohm Sound Machine / Nuk & MAM pacifiers / Nose Frida / Bumbo Seat / Boogie Mist Saline Spray
Somehow we misplaced our alligator this month. Still on the hunt…
And for fun…
|Thomas & Caroline at six months|