Weekend Rewind | June 2016

I’m pretty sure my mom is the only person who reads my weekend diary posts but I love to pen our fun crazy weekends so we can look back on these memories one day (when we’re more rested – ha!).

Spoiler alert: I survived the weekend with the kiddos!

On Thursday two of Matt’s best friends from high school arrived for a very long weekend of golf. The three of them were all on the golf team together in high school and still get together every now and then for a round. For this trip they spent their first two days at Pinehurst, a course Matt has always wanted to play.

On Friday they returned to Charlotte. I stocked up on lots of local brews for the evening, along with some pimento cheese and duh, pirates booty! We grilled out and let Caroline stay up as late as she could make it (9 pm’ish)! Then the guys went out on the town and I caught up on all my TV shows that Matt hates.

On Saturday we bounced around to as many activities as I could think of to keep the kiddos entertained. I wont bore you with all our errands but Caroline said the highlight was the Chick-fil-A indoor play place…and ice dream.

Meanwhile, back in golf land…On Sunday we attended a 3rd birthday party at the splash pad for our friend Douglas. My mom told me I was brave for taking both kids solo but I think the more appropriate word would be “insane.” Ha.

I dressed the kiddos in their brightest swimwear and relied on help from other friends who were in attendance! Caroline was like a ping pong ball at the splash pad so I barely let Thomas down to play so I could stay on my toes keeping up with Caroline.

Pretty sure we had to have more than a dozen “we share the splash pad toys” conversations in the span of an 90 minutes. Oh, and conversations about why “we don’t pour buckets of chlorinated water on brother’s head.”Overall, the weekend was super fun with the kids and it was kind of nice to have them all to myself, especially Caroline who usually prefers her daddy. Late Sunday afternoon Matt walked through the door with an iced coffee and a gift certificate for a pedicure. He’s the best. And that was a wrap on our weekend!

1. Brittany
    June 27, 2016 / 11:54 pm

What a sweet Hubby to think to bring gifts when he returns ! And yes slightly insane but brave to bring both kiddos alone !

2. Alexis Fetterman
    June 28, 2016 / 1:06 am

Nice that he spoiled you after a busy weekend. ☺

3. Sarita @ it's my girls' world
    June 28, 2016 / 3:38 am

You did it!! And yeah that's pretty brave to take two little ones to asplash pad solo!

4. Jessica | Being Bradfords
    June 28, 2016 / 5:56 am

Looks like a great weekend 🙂 I love these kinds of posts!

5. Elisabeth Marks
    June 28, 2016 / 11:07 am

Can I just say I love Caroline's swimsuit and the fact that like my daughter she doesn't have much hair! My daughter will be 2 in November and has even less hair than Caroline. Ppl are always commenting about when she's going to have more hair and I'm like seriously what's the big deal. Trust me she won't be bald on her first day of kindergarten! Oh and her bow is adorable too!

• Carolina Charm
      June 28, 2016 / 12:39 pm

Ha! I totally love that she's bald. It keeps her little to me just a little bit longer. 🙂

6. Paula
    June 28, 2016 / 12:08 pm

Bravo to you for surviving the weekend so well. And, as the wife of an avid golfer (who is playing in the state amateur tourney as I write) I know that THE Pinehurst consists of many courses, was it #2 that he had been wanting to play???

• Carolina Charm
      June 28, 2016 / 12:37 pm

Yep #2!!!!! And his first caddy experience! 🙂

7. Trish Felecos
    June 28, 2016 / 2:15 pm

You are a rock star! I LOVE your weekend updates by the way (and all posts)…always the perfect mix of funny stories and real life.

8. Lauren Honeycutt
    June 28, 2016 / 2:53 pm

I had to really hold in the laughter when I read about not dumping chlorinated water on brother's head! lololol!

• Carolina Charm
      June 28, 2016 / 3:27 pm

LOL – I was like "DON'T DO THAT!!!!!!!" (while also taking a picture of it). haha.

9. LHWinstead
    June 28, 2016 / 3:52 pm

I love your posts!! Looks like such a fun weekend for Matt – you're such a great wife to give him time to enjoy his hobbies with friends! I am constantly amazed by all that you do – goals lol 🙂

10. Traci
    June 28, 2016 / 6:50 pm

I do love spending time with my husband but there's definitely something to be said about time alone to watch my shows!

11. emily
    June 29, 2016 / 12:03 pm

That's so nice for your hubs to do that with his friends.. I know my husband would die to play there! He's in the golf industry & plays wherever and whenever he has the chance! You're lucky it's not too far from you! Glad you survived the weekend!! Do you like the native shoes for C? I was looking at buying my daughter (almost 3) a pair, wondering if she could put them on herself. Thanks 🙂

12. Emily
    June 30, 2016 / 9:13 pm

Not just your momma that reads your weekend recap posts — I LOVE them!! Glad you had such a fun weekend with your littles 🙂 Your personal posts make me so happy to read bc *confession* I hope they're a glimpse into a future as happy as yours for me! Especially this one – I'm marrying my golf-loving guy this fall, and we're currently looking for our first home in CLT 🙂 cheers to your adorable fam!

13. Amanda Bullard
    July 2, 2016 / 12:55 pm

Tell me about the OMB beer selection!

14. Sam Son