I have a random assortment of things for you today — recipes, school pics, and more!
one. A few weeks ago the kiddos had school picture day. Normally I don’t buy the photos but this year I caved and purchased a few digital prints. Side note, can we talk about how absurd the digital and print photos cost? My goodness. Anyway, these were too cute not to buy…
Yep, totally worth $35 for this one.
I cannot get over how much they’ve changed since last year’s school pictures. Pass the tissues!
two. Over the weekend Caroline helped me make some Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup. This recipe was SO easy and the whole family loved it. Highly recommend!
Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup
- 1 30 oz bag frozen hashbrown potatoes
- 1 14 oz cans chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- minced green onion, cheddar cheese & crumbled bacon optional for garnish
- In a crock pot, combine potatoes, broth, soup, onion, and pepper. Cover, and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Stir in cream cheese, cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until combined.
- Garnish with green onion, and/or Cheddar and bacon if desired.
three. We finished our New Year’s Marriage Resolution strong with an incredible night out last weekend. This was definitely one of my favorite date nights of the year. For December we decided to check out a cozy bar in our old neighborhood — The Workman’s Friend. Our goal was to not be rushed through dinner and instead snuggle up next to the fire with beers in hand for a long night.
Throughout the evening we ordered almost every appetizer off the menu, from brisket sliders topped with quail eggs to the goat cheese beet tower, the food was absolutely incredible. Back in April we stopped here for a drink after our Comida date night and made a note after seeing the food to come back to Workman’s Friend for dinner…and I’m so glad we did!
Happy weekend, friends!