You all shared SO many delicious chicken salad tricks with me on my recent Instagram poll. Many of you requested I share the responses and I’ve finally rounded up the most popular tricks, tips and recipes:
- For non chunky salad, use the stand mixer (which I agree — the best trick)!
- Swap out mayo for greek yogurt or fresh avocado
- Add spicy brown mustard or dijon mustard
- Use Everything But the Bagel seasoning
- Use a rotisserie chicken to save time
- Best store bought options: Costco, Walmart’s Cranberry Pecan Marketside. Chicken Salad Chick and for the locals — Mayobird (my personal favorite chicken salad in Charlotte!)
- Popular Recipes
- Sweet Tooth Sweet Life: The Best Chicken Salad Ever
- How Sweet Eats: Lemon Almond Roast Chicken Salad
- Magnolia Cookbook: Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches
- Foodie Crush: Avocado Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
- LL Balanced: Healthy Tarragon and Almond Chicken Salad
- Jule the Bee: Chaka Khan Chicken Salad
- Chick-fil-A: Chicken Salad
And here’s the chicken salad recipe I made last week that Matt claimed as “the best chicken salad” he’s ever had. I mean, it was super delicious, but the best chicken salad definitely comes from Mayobird. However, I will tell you one trick that I absolutely will be doing from here on out though — Everything But the Bagel seasoned roasted chicken as the main ingredient!!!!!
Everything Bagel Chicken Salad
- 1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 tbsp Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup grapes, halved
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- salt & lemon pepper
Remove and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes, then shred it using your stand mixer.
Okay– I’m going to have to give chicken salad another try after seeing this recipe. I’ve never liked it because I don’t like mayonnaise! But greek yogurt sounds delish. Thanks!!!
Just made this and it’s amazing! I substituted Costco’s already cooked and shredded rotisserie chicken and seasoned it with the Everything Bagel seasoning. Then did everything else like you shared, and it’s so good. Going to take it to our friend’s lake house tomorrow to enjoy with them!
YAY!!! That Everything seasoning is EVERYTHING! 🙂