Just wanted to pop in and share the Mickey Mouse cupcakes I made for Caroline’s class party on Friday! These were so unbelievably easy to make and a class full of toddlers went absolutely wild over them!
Supplies: Polka dot cupcake wrappers / Wilton Star Decorating Tip / Wilton Disposable Decorating Bags
When I arrived I asked Caroline if she wanted Tom Tom to attend her class party and she was pretty adamant that he should join us so I ran across the hall and snagged him from his class. They both demolished their cupcake.
Mickey Mouse Cupcakes
- 1 box cake mix (plus eggs, oil, water, etc)
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tsp cream or milk
- 1 package Oreos
- Cupcake Wrappers
- Bake cupcakes according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, make your buttercream frosting. In a large mixing bowl whip the butter. Slowly add in 2 cups of powdered sugar. Mix until combined. Add the vanilla and 1 more cup of powdered sugar and continue mixing. At this point you may need to add a teaspoon or two of milk to thin the frosting down. Add in your last cup of powdered sugar and mix until combined. Add more or less milk depending on the consistency. You want the frosting to be thick and creamy.
- Assemble and fill your decorating bag up with frosting. Frost your cupcakes.
- Add two Oreos for Mickey ears
So adorable! I made these when Cash turned two. We used mini oreos for the ears. 🙂
Trish Felecos says
bahha Thomas and that cupcake makes me smile!
Such a cute idea! And they seem pretty easy too!XOAmiwww.becomingthebehars.com
Kristy @ Rejoice and Repeat says
Thomas' face is priceless covered in cake. I made similar cupcakes for my daughter’s 3rd birthday a couple weekends ago. I used the mini oreos and made fondant bows. I hope you'll check them put 🙂 http://rejoiceandrepeat.blogspot.com/2016/05/a-minnie-mouse-birthday-party.html?m=1
I don't believe that the toddlers went wild.
Alysa Friesen says
those are adorable! I'm thinking of doing a Mickey Mouse theme for my son's first birthday (in a year haha)
Caley-Jade Rosenberg says
These are too cute!! x
Sara Elizabeth says
These are so cute!! You are so crafty!!
Kelly Denise says