Did you know there is a drink at Starbucks called the “Medicine Ball,” also known as “The Coldbuster,” also known as “Honey Citrus Mint Tea”? The miracle brew is filled half with steamed lemonade and half with hot water, a citrus mint tea bag and a bag of peach tea, a drizzle of honey and an optional pump of peppermint. Not only is it delicious, it helps relieve cold symptoms, so if you’re scrambling for an immunity booster or throat-soother you must try this steamy concoction.
Starbucks Medicine Ball
But what if you don’t want to get out of your pajamas? Or what if you don’t want to pay $5 for a venti? Wellllll, you can recreate it yourself in your pajamas at home — and healthier and cheaper! Instead of regular lemonade, I prefer light lemonade (or sometimes just a squeeze of fresh lemon) and I skip the pump of peppermint (although sometimes I’ll add a spearmint leaf if I’m in the mood). I’m obsessed.
- Teavana Jade Citrus Mint Tea (available at Target / Amazon)
- Teavana Peach Tranquility Tea (available at Target / Amazon / Walmart)
- Fresh Mint or Pump of Peppermint
Amazon even sells these teas as a “Medicine Ball” set! So easy!
- You can use regular lemonade or light lemonade, depending on how much sugar you prefer.
- You can use fresh mint or a pump of peppermint!
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Lemonade
- 1 bag Teavana Jade Citrus Mint Tea
- Pump of peppermint or a few mint leaves (optional)
- Drizzle of honey (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 bag Teavana Peach Tranquility Tea
1. In a small saucepan, bring water and lemonade to a gentle simmer.
2. Remove from heat and add tea bags and mint leaves (optional). Cover and steep for 3 minutes.
3. Discard tea bags and mint leaves. Pour tea into your mug.
4. Garnish with lemon and mint (optional).
*pin to save this post for when you really need it!