Our favorite month yet with Tom Tom, Tommy, Bubs, Bubby, Baaaaayyyybeeeeee! Thomas is doing so incredibly great. He is the happiest, smiliest baby and definitely my favorite. Kidding! Kidding! Kidding! I love them both equally! But for real, this babe is unbelievably amazing. Through everything he's been through his first few months of life he is such a champ and keeps on shining and thriving. I am so inspired by this little 14 pounds of greatness.
Our doctor also told us Thomas has pseudostrabismus which is a common eye misalignment and often gives a cross eye appearance. Basically his nasal bridge is broader and flatter than normal so there is less space (white area) between the iris and the inner corner of the eye lid. Doctor says he should outgrow it though and is not worried.
Baby Jesus. Thomas was asked to play baby Jesus in our church's live nativity on Christmas Eve. We were pretty excited and honored because our church is huge (5,000+ members) and there are lots of baby Jesus candidates, but we've had so much support from the pastors and elders there between all of our prayer requests that they've gotten to know us pretty well. Sadly we had to decline since we'll be out of town on Christmas Eve but we still thought it was awesome he was asked!
Then, a few weeks later we received a call from Thomas and Caroline's school. I suspected ear infection, fever, ya know, the usual weekly call. To our surprise it was the director calling to tell us that Thomas had been selected to play baby Jesus in the church play! He was hilarious on stage and smiled over and over.
Five Month Highlights:
- Twins? Without fail, anytime we leave the house with the kids we are asked at least once if Caroline and Thomas are twins.
- Purees! We skipped rice cereal and oatmeal and went straight to purees this month and it has been a complete game changer. No more constipation issues and we were able to push bottles to every four hours (instead of 3) and increase from 6 to 8 ounces of Earths Best Formula. For the most part he is just eating whatever organic packet is on sale at the Teeter, but I did feel bad that I made most of Caroline's food so I steamed a bag of (pre-washed, skinned and cubed) sweet potatoes for him. He likes them. Also eating pureed prunes, peas, butternut squash, mangos and peaches.
- At daycare Caroline's teachers bring her to Thomas's class every day to visit and they both love it. She immediately runs across the room to give him a huge hug and plays with him for a bit before returning to her class.
- Size 2 diapers, 3-6 months clothes.
- Transitioned to sleep sack!
- First Thanksgiving and met Santa!
- Ummmmm, still sleeping in our room (by choice). Every other day we have the conversation about moving him to his crib but then chicken out. He sleeps through the night sometimes but sometimes still gets up around 4 am for a bottle. We just started following the 12 Hours by 12 Weeks method for dropping the night feeding...fingers crossed...
- We received our school pictures back. In perfect second child fashion we forgot to put him in a cuter outfit. In our defense we learned last minute that school pictures were the same week as my surgery so things were a little chaotic. He still rocked his photos though...
Five month favorites: Fisher-Price Lights Piano / Winkel Rattle / Links Toy / Baby Einstein Tag Along Tunes / Activity Gym / JJ Cole Agility Carrier / Snuza Baby Movement Monitor / Mustela PhysiObebe No Rinse Cleanser / Dohm Sound Machine / Wubanub / Nose Frida / Bumbo Seat / Boogie Mist Saline Spray / Sleep Sack
|Thomas & Caroline at five months.|