Apple Cider Mini Muffins

As the leaves continue to change and the
temperatures begin to dip, my urge to bake spice-laced treats becomes insatiable.
Over the weekend I made Pumpkin Dip, Hot Spiced Tea and Apple Cider Mini Muffins! Maybe it’s because I missed out on 22
fall seasons while growing up in Florida, but autumn sends me into a baking

Originally adapted from theKitchn’s Baked Apple Cider Doughnuts recipe, I chose to bake these fall harvest treats as mini muffins or “donut
holes” instead of donuts.

Cider Mini Muffins

1/3 cup apple cider
1/3 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons canola oil

tablespoons unsalted butter

cup sugar

tablespoons cinnamon

oven to 400°F and grease a donut pan.

a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon
and brown sugar. In another large bowl, whisk together the egg, apple butter,
vanilla extract, honey, apple cider, yogurt and oil. Pour the wet ingredients
into the dry ingredient mixture and whisk until blended {don’t over-mix}!

the batter into muffin pan until about 3/4 full. Bake for approximately 10
minutes and cool on a wire rack. Meanwhile, melt butter for muffin topping in
the microwave. In a separate dish, combine ½ cup sugar with 3 tablespoons
cinnamon. White muffins are cooling, brush each top with butter and roll in
sugar mixture until coated. Makes about 24 mini muffins.

Light, yet packed with spice-happy flavors, Apple Cider Mini Muffins sum
up fall in one bite. Serve your muffins warm with tea, cider or black coffee.

1. My Doyle Life
    October 9, 2012 / 2:31 pm

Hi Christina! Love this recipe! These look super yummy and they are mini which means you can eat more and not feel guilty! 🙂 I also grew up a Florida girl too and love experiencing the seasons more now in NC, especially fall!

2. Kelly
    October 9, 2012 / 2:52 pm

Oh my goodness, those muffins sound delish! I am definitely going to have to break out my mini-muffin pan this weekend!

3. The Heights Life!
    October 9, 2012 / 3:00 pm

These look great!! Might have to give them a go this weekend!

4. Natasha
    October 9, 2012 / 3:12 pm

you did it again my dear…i want these now as i am sipping on some coffee, but that would make it WAY better

5. Ashley
    October 9, 2012 / 4:15 pm

i have to make these, YUM!

6. Alexa @ Southern Living, Our Way
    October 9, 2012 / 8:18 pm

My goodness these sound heavenly!! And I love that they're adorably bite-sized 🙂 {Though I'd still probably devour the whole batch in one weekend!}

7. Hilary
    October 9, 2012 / 8:20 pm

Oh my goodness. These look delicious. Is it just me or do doughnuts sound more delish than donuts?

8. Delaney
    October 10, 2012 / 12:00 am

9. Kristen Ostow
    October 10, 2012 / 12:25 am

Christina, Girl, I think you need to start working on writing a cookbook! Even the pictures you take are beautiful and look like I could reach right in and take one to eat!! They look so yummy. I can also relate to the "Florida girl without seasons" experience. I'm still in Florida and I'm always looking for an excuse to move to the "South". Georgia, Alabama, Carolinas, Tennessee…I'll go anywhere I can see the leaves change!! Haha! Looking forward to more Fall recipes. :)Love,

10. Kristin
    October 10, 2012 / 12:54 am

I feel ya on the Florida girl thing! Why I love living in SC: seasons! These muffins look delish; thanks for sharing!!

11. Lindsey @ be pretty
    October 10, 2012 / 12:38 pm

My little Betty friend! You are so good with your baking… these look fantastic! xoxo oh and I agree with the lady above… you need a cookbook! Seriously, start writing… get a small white backdrop and do pic's of your food on that… you could get someone to pick you up! I'll do your graphics! xoxo

12. Terra
    October 10, 2012 / 9:42 pm

You are a girl after my own heart, these look delicious, especially with my fall flavor cravings as of lately! Thanks for the fall candle shout-out a while ago, best purchase I've made this month!

13. Samara
    October 11, 2012 / 3:18 am

Where in the world do you get your energy from? Please send some to Michigan!! 🙂 These look delicious. I just may have to try them this weekend! 🙂

14. Heather Davidson
    October 11, 2012 / 6:00 pm

these look so delicious! can't wait to make them!

15. Crissy @ House of Marlowe
    October 12, 2012 / 6:12 pm

YUM!!!! I can't wait to try these…. nothing like apples in the fall!

16. Colleen
    October 15, 2012 / 11:16 pm

Oh. Em. Gee. Where have these been all my life????? (These pictures are to die for Christina, amazing job!)

17. Anonymous
    October 22, 2012 / 2:48 pm

YUM! I'm a FL Gator girl too 🙂 Now living in North GA in the Lookout Mtn area. You are correct, those leaves start changing and it makes you want to bake yummy apple,spice, and pumpkin things. It fills your home with such wonderful smells that are warm and inviting.