Closing Day

Yesterday we closed on our new home. After signing 547,324,298 pages of documents, we finally received the keys to the house that Matt and I have been over-the-moon excited about for many months.

But…I have to be honest with you. It brings huge tears to my eyes as we close the door at Draper Avenue today. I will never forget this incredibly special house that we called home for 3 years. This house has truly not just been a house. It has been the home to so many incredibly memories.

I can’t even begin to count the number of girl’s nights, blog posts, parties, conversations, wedding crafting and more spent in this living room. This was truly the gathering place of our home where so many amazing things happened.

I am pretty sure our bedroom was redecorated more times than all of the other rooms in our house combined. This room has been the home to many Pinterest crafts, countless movies and lots of pillow talk.

In addition to becoming my third closet in the house, our guest bedroom was the place where we hosted so many special guests. We are so grateful that we had this extra space to offer to friends and family.

One of my favorite rooms was our kitchen. Countless hours were spent here creating recipes, eating family dinners, crafting, entertaining and so much more.

Oh, the bathroom – the room responsible for starting the most arguments. Let me just say, nothing can bring a couple closer together or farther apart than sharing one teeny tiny bathroom at 7 a.m. on a week day. There were many mornings spent juggling curling irons and makeup on the sink as Matt squeezed over my shoulder to brush his teeth or put his contacts in.

This picture of our backyard will forever remind us of some of the best memories this home gave us. We threw some of our best parties in this place, grilled out often, lounged in our hammock during the fall and spring, planted dozens of my favorite flowers and so much more. I should also add that this was Charlie’s favorite part of our home.

Last but not least, the man shed. I can’t tell you how proud it made me to watch my husband build this with his own hands. Complete with AC, water and electricity, this room was reserved for all things “man.” Many rowdy poker nights were hosted in this cave.

So as we say our last goodbyes, we reminisce the many memories that were created in just 947 square feet over the years. This was truly a remarkable home and we are forever grateful for all of the incredible moments we shared in this place.

And now we prayerfully wait for another family to fall in love and purchase our home so they can make their own memories!

Off to our new home for some new memory making and the future that God has in store for us!

1. Lauren {everyday ATLAS}
    November 16, 2012 / 1:22 pm

Isn't it funny how you have a dream house or city and you think about it nonstop before you get there…then when it's time to move you realize you forgot how much where you already were meant to you? So you're stuck in this limbo of excitement and sadness. Life is weird.

2. Channing
    November 16, 2012 / 1:43 pm

Love, love, love. I cried while reading it. I complain so much about our little rented house that we have will/have spent our first year of marriage in but I know when I look back, I will realize that was the starting point of our lives together. Oh the memories! And I could not agree more about the bathroom. You REALLY become close when you have to share the smallest bathroom in America. I've got some good stories on that subject. I told Trey if we could make it one year with one tiny bathroom, we would have no problem! Ha! Love the new house and here's to making new memories! Love you both.

3. Morgan Neal
    November 16, 2012 / 2:12 pm

Such a beautiful place! Our first house was 723 square feet. It was miserable. We only had a stand up shower. Ugh. Stop by & say hello over on my blog at starsstripesandamilitarylife.blogspot.comXx-Morgan.

4. The Pink Growl
    November 16, 2012 / 2:22 pm

You are a great decorater! That house is super cute! It's always bittersweet to move on, but congrats!

5. Dee Stephens
    November 16, 2012 / 2:22 pm

Cute place but 947 square feet? Wow! My condo is Elizabeth is 1,000square feet with 2 bathrooms and there is no question that Brad and I both agreed we could NOT stay married and live in such a small place.Kudos to you guys!! I bet you're so excited about your new larger home!! Congrats!!BTW – the man shed? Totally Awesome! He needs to transport that to the new house!

6. Megan@TwoDelighted
    November 16, 2012 / 2:40 pm

The front is what I picture Ms. Honey's house looking like from the book Matilda. What a special spot. I know that your new house will be even more special but i agree that it is often hard to let go. So excited for you guys and jealous of all the fun decorating decisions you will get to make. XOXO

7. Erin
    November 16, 2012 / 2:48 pm

Aw- congrats on your new place, and may all these amazing memories be carried over to your new one! 🙂 I think you guys should probably take the shed with you!! 😉

8. Katie {Miss Dixie}
    November 16, 2012 / 2:54 pm

Tear! What a wonderful post to mark the ending of one journey and the beginning of another. I'm sure your new house is just waiting for more special memories to be made. Enjoy and congrats lady! xo

9. megan
    November 16, 2012 / 3:11 pm

What a bittersweet post. I know I am going to be so sad when Cameron and I move into another house in the future because the house we live in now is the one he proposed in. 🙂 I'm sure you will make many, many memories in your new house…like with a baby. 🙂 🙂

10. Mel (Northern Lights)
    November 16, 2012 / 3:20 pm

I literally have tears in my eyes reading this. Oh the memories of good old "d-ave." Butttt there are so many AWESOME things that God has in store for your new place. Like game nights, baby showers (well babies first I guess)! So excited for you two! LOVE YOU GUYS!

11. Leigh Powell Hines
    November 16, 2012 / 5:00 pm

Such a cute house. I"m sure a new couple would love to have it.

12. Katie Perdue
    November 16, 2012 / 5:10 pm

What an adorable home! I know its hard to leave, but I am so excited to see pictures of your new home! Change is such a funny thing, exciting and sad all at the same time. Congrats on the move, and many more amazing memories!

13. Wine and Summer
    November 16, 2012 / 7:06 pm

Moving is always so bittersweet, but you are going to love your new house! Congratulations!

14. Samara
    November 16, 2012 / 8:31 pm

I LOVE this post! Totally teared up and felt like I was tripping down memory lane with you. You're such a sweetie! Happy memory making in the new home!!

15. Laura | Our Life in the Queen City
    November 16, 2012 / 8:59 pm

This is adoooorable! I'm so so happy for you two and this next step!I'm sure the waiting will be short – the home is too cute for someone to pass up! xoxoox

16. Jenna
    November 17, 2012 / 2:25 am

Wow, how exciting! The hubs and I are are building a house very soon and I cannot wait!!! New houses are so much and and even better is all the decorating 🙂 xo, Jenna

17. Katie
    November 17, 2012 / 2:56 pm

what a beautiful home, I can see why it will be hard to leave. Good luck with the selling process, I have a feeling it won't sit long at all :)and I love this post, as a realtor's assistant, I do a lot of these kinds of posts 🙂 Have a great weekend!

18. Rianna O'Brien
    November 17, 2012 / 6:53 pm

We are in this exact phase! Bittersweetness! What is the color you used in your guest bedroom? I am looking for that exact color for our new guest bedroom. Congrats!

19. Marissa
    November 17, 2012 / 10:16 pm

What a beautiful home!..looks straight out of a magazine ..you made your house a home!…and I'm sure your new one will have just as many wonderful memories!..I love how you decorated your sweet home!..I'm sure it's going to sell fast..it's just too darling…congrats!

20. Jaclyn Guertin
    November 18, 2012 / 9:13 pm

Your house is too cute!! Good luck in the new home, creating just as many memorable moments as you did in this house!!All the best on the new adventure! Congrats!!

21. Brynn {In Bloom}
    November 19, 2012 / 2:07 am

just now reading this but i want to cry! i will miss that little house and all the wonderful memories from it 🙂

22. Gebelik
    November 19, 2012 / 4:53 am

I m consistently Analytic for these affectionate of stuff, Administering these affectionate of admonition is in accomplishment accessible to all.Your blog is in accomplishment nice simple and consistently lath admired admonition to all users.Thanks a lot !Gebelik

23. Colleen
    November 20, 2012 / 6:07 pm

So exciting! Congratulations! I'm sure your new home will be just as adorable (and filled with just as many wonderful memories) as your old.

24. Julie
    November 21, 2012 / 2:01 pm

Your home was absolutely precious. So many great memories to take with you, you should make an album out of those photos to never forget! New beginnings and changes can bring so many great things. Good luck with your new adventure!

25. Nicole-Lynn
    December 14, 2012 / 7:03 pm

So bittersweet! Your first home was lovely and had so much charm. My husband and I live in a 2/1 bungalow for our first home and we are starting to outgrow it. We are planning to stay until we start having kids and then we'll put it up for sale or rent it out. It's so hard saying goodbye to your first home where you share so many "firsts" and memories. How exciting you are in a roomier home now, just perfect for a young, growing family! 🙂