Home Sweet Home {Tour}

Last fall we put our house up for sale…for like 5 minutes. We had found another home in our neighborhood with a little more space and our realtor advised us to sell while the market was hot. Well, a few days later (and a ton of scheduled showings on the calendar) we learned we would be welcoming a new baby into our family so we quickly pulled the sign out of our yard and cancelled our open house. I know a lot of people do it, but I don’t think we could handle the adjustment, stress and expense of a new baby and new home all in 9 months. Not to mention keeping a home perfectly tidy with a crazy, messy toddler was not a task I was up for while also being pregnant. So we decided to stay put for awhile which is quite alright because we really, really, really love our cozy little home! We did get some really great pictures of our home out of the deal though! And since I’ve never seen our house this clean and de-cluttered of baby things, I thought I’d take advantage and take y’all on an overdue home tour! Welcome to our humble abode…

{our home in spring}

{our home in fall}

The family room aka the “play room.” In real life there are toys everywhere, burp cloths every 3 feet, a play kitchen, a gigantic swing and baskets of toys. This room is pretty tiny but we spend most of our time here playing, watching TV, eating dinner, entertaining, etc. Matt is also obsessed with changing the furniture around every other week for some reason so this is not the current layout anymore.

Next up – the kitchen. This is the other area of the house I spend most of my time. One of my favorite features of our home is how open the floor plan is. I love being able to cook while also participating in whatever is going on in our family room.

Right off the kitchen is our dining room which is really only used as a catch-all for the car seat, the stroller, mail, high chair, piles and piles of unfolded laundry, etc. Matt built our dining room table {post here} and I wish we could say we use this room to sit down and eat as a family but we definitely do not. In fact, we constantly joke about pitching the table and turning this room into a “play room.”

Now, for my favorite room – Thomas & Caroline’s nursery! This cozy room is really special to me and I am so happy with every detail we put into preparing this space for Caroline (and later Thomas too). You can read all about Caroline’s original nursery {here}. And even though this room is already pretty tight {it’s 10 ft x 10 ft} we successfully squeezed in a second crib on the back wall for Thomas to avoid having to purchase another dresser, rug, chair, etc. and also keep our guest room.

And now with two cribs…

Right outside the nursery is the guest/kid bathroom. If you pull that curtain back you’ll find a slew of bath toys hiding.

The guest room is probably one of our more “complete” rooms. There are a few things I’d love to still do in this room but they are ridiculously low on the priority list.

Oh, the master bedroom. This room desperately needs some TLC but again, not a priority. I thought by now we would have replaced our furniture {or at least our lamps} so it all matches but nope. Maybe someday.

{the master bath}

The laundry room is another space we eventually plan to re-do so it’s more functional {unstack the washer/dryer and run a counter top over them} for a super short person to do laundry. This is also Charlie’s room and contains his baskets of toys, bowls, etc.

Last but not least, the backyard! We love this area and have hosted countless parties back here.

Our deck looks presentable maybe 10% of the year. Here is one of our summertime set ups.

This home has been so special to us and we love it dearly. It’s so cozy
and it’s the place where we became a family of 3 and a family of 4
(well, okay 5, Charlie counts)! You can read about our adventure in
finding our home here.

1. Stasia
    August 17, 2015 / 11:37 am

Oh my goodness… looks like these pictures came out of a magazine!!! 🙂 Such fun house inspiration!

2. Jenna
    August 17, 2015 / 11:48 am

I love it! So beautiful! I love the little touches in decor. it makes it so cozy!

3. Ashley Brickner
    August 17, 2015 / 11:54 am

It's beautiful, Christina!

4. Sara Elizabeth
    August 17, 2015 / 12:05 pm

I love, love, love the living areas of your home – the paint color, the wainscoting, and the cabinets all compliment each other so well!!! I don't blame you for waiting with the adjustments of a new baby – and I think it's really good to recognize those challenges before you jump in… I knew when we got our start date for our renovation that it was the WORST time of year for me with stuff at work… but I also knew that we couldn't put it off if we really wanted to get it done (and I do). It's been way, way, way more stressful because of the timing, and even though I've been trying to be mindful of the fact we're so lucky to even be able to do what we're doing… I definitely have days where I'm just beat from the stress and wondering why we're doing it. That's my long story to say – you're so smart for waiting, lol!!

5. Kate Sokolewicz
    August 17, 2015 / 12:14 pm

So beautiful!!! Where did you get the console table in your entryway?? Looking for something just like that!

6. Chesson {A Southern Twenty-Five}
    August 17, 2015 / 12:39 pm

Your house is so gorgeous! I can imagine it would be so hard to leave this one!

7. Liz Jo
    August 17, 2015 / 1:14 pm

I love your house, this is the kind of house we're looking for, more of an open concept so either Kyle and I can see the other and Sophie at the same time (Sophie usually just hangs out in the kitchen with me when I'm in there). Do you guys plan on selling, or will this be your forever home? Granted I don't really know the layout or square footage, but this looks perfect for a family home 🙂 and clearly has years of memories.liz jo @ sundays with sophie

8. Mackensey Stang
    August 17, 2015 / 1:17 pm

I wouldn't want to leave this house either. It is literally just perfect. Major home envy going on over here!

9. Hanging with the Hirsts
    August 17, 2015 / 1:20 pm

Your house is so cozy and really looks like a home! I love it! The pictures of it in the fall really make me wish we didn't live in Florida so we could actually experience fall.

10. City Style Country Living
    August 17, 2015 / 1:24 pm

Your home is beautiful! I don't think you will have any trouble selling it when you put it back on the market! I can't believe you can fit both cribs in there!! You have done an amazing job decorating!

11. Caley-Jade Rosenberg
    August 17, 2015 / 1:44 pm

What a gorgeous home! And you made a great decision – we moved in with my in laws, built a house and then moved again whilst having a toddler and pregnant – not funny!!! x

12. LHWinstead
    August 17, 2015 / 1:58 pm

I absolutely love every single detail of your home – it's beautiful!! Definitely inspiring 🙂

13. Jillian
    August 17, 2015 / 2:04 pm

your house is so beautiful!! i especially love your patio furniture + rug!! where did you find it? xo jillian – cornflake dreams

14. Amanda {Tickled Pink}
    August 17, 2015 / 2:31 pm

I love your design style! Your home looks so cozy & inviting!

15. Kiki Nakita
    August 17, 2015 / 2:43 pm

What a home sweet home. ~ Kiki.

16. Kristie's Blue Jeans
    August 17, 2015 / 3:20 pm

I adore your house! I have always wanted a from porch with rockers, but I have a front porch that is all of 4' x 4'.

17. Carol Brecht
    August 17, 2015 / 3:48 pm

Your home is beautiful. Thank you for sharing!!! So many great idea.

18. Nina @ Flowers in my Hair
    August 17, 2015 / 3:48 pm

I love it!

19. Kelly
    August 17, 2015 / 4:03 pm

I love your house!!! Love how you furnished everything — the table, bench, crossback chairs, the nursery, even your laundry room is so pretty! I wish our kitchen was more open so entertaining would be easier / less isolated (since half our guests end up packing into the little kitchen and the other half tend to stay in the dining room or living room). Very inspired by your home, and I agree — nothing's more motivating to clean and tidy than getting it ready to sell!

20. Girl Meets Bow
    August 17, 2015 / 4:19 pm

You have a beautiful home! It's so cozy and wonderfully decorated!

21. Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld
    August 17, 2015 / 5:23 pm

Your home is just gorgeous! The kitchen is to die for!

22. Owen Ross Davis
    August 17, 2015 / 5:28 pm

Your home is precious! Looks so homey and comfortable. Love love love your backyard and living room!

23. Courtney
    August 17, 2015 / 7:15 pm

It's gorgeous. The exterior is like my dream set up!!

24. Hannah
    August 17, 2015 / 8:02 pm

Such a pretty home! I love the exterior and you have made the inside look so cozy too!

25. Jessica Hedberg
    August 17, 2015 / 8:20 pm

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing! If you pitch the table I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am in MD so an easy drive to pick it up 🙂

26. Traci
    August 17, 2015 / 9:33 pm

Love your house! Don't you dare pitch that table!! It's gorgeous & since Matt built it you have to keep it forever & pass it down to the kids!

27. Amanda {Kids and Cabernet}
    August 17, 2015 / 9:57 pm

I LOVE your house – absolutely gorgeous and you have great taste!

28. Bitzsoi
    August 17, 2015 / 10:03 pm

What a beautiful home! I love your decor; it just really inspires me to do more around my home! Thank you for the tour!

29. Mike
    August 18, 2015 / 12:47 am

I love your house! Your backyard is so huge and beautiful!

30. Kate
    August 18, 2015 / 2:12 am

your house is gorgeous!! classic, cozy, inspiring… each detail complements each other so well! you will definitely not have a problem selling when the time comes 🙂

31. Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey
    August 18, 2015 / 3:16 am

I love it! It's cozy & quaint & seems perfect! You've decorated beautifully!!

32. Jonnel G.
    August 18, 2015 / 3:22 am

Love your house!! Where did you get the table in the entryway? I love it and have been looking for something just like it!

33. Kristina @ Medicine and Manicures
    August 18, 2015 / 2:29 pm

LOVE your home- it's cozy yet feels really open with the taller ceilings and you've done a great job decorating!! My fiancé and I are looking into getting a new place around Charlotte but still somewhat close to uptown. What part of town are you guys in??xo, Medicine & Manicures

34. Maran (HeyHawleywood)
    August 19, 2015 / 2:31 pm

ok your home is gorgeous! I love your design style too. really random question, but your wood floors look amazing in these pics. Any secrets on how you clean them with a shedding dog and crawling babies? I swear my floors never look clean, even right after I do it.

35. lindsayglover
    August 20, 2015 / 3:47 pm

Your home is beautiful and looks very cozy, calm and welcoming. Thanks for giving your readers and peak. Would you mind sharing where Caroline's crib bedding is from? We are expecting our first baby in December and I'm planning to use white (we're not finding out the gender). Their room is adorable and I really love the bedding! Thanks for considering. Lindsay

36. Caitlyn {Home Sweet Ruby}
    August 20, 2015 / 6:01 pm

Your home is beautiful!! Can you come decorate my house?! How do you like having wood floors everywhere with the babies? We want to redo our flooring upstairs and I'm torn whether to put wood flooring in our bedrooms and playroom or stick with carpet!

37. rox
    August 23, 2015 / 3:34 pm

How sweet is your home? Love everything about it! I would hate to leave it, too!