O’ Christmas Tree {2012}

And the Christmas tree is up!

Over the weekend we finished decorating our first Christmas tree in our new house! For the past 3 years, Matt and I have sadly purchased a “Charlie Brown” style Christmas tree to fit in our tiny little living room. Now that we have more space and higher ceilings we decided it was time to splurge on our first 8 footer!

So without further ado…

Ta-da!

This year I took pictures of my tree without a flash in Av mode (set it to the smallest number). I still don’t really know how to use my camera, but I think my tree pictures turned out better than last year.

A few of my most special ornaments (L-R): our first β€œM” ornament purchased together, our wedding invitation ornament from our dear friend Mel, our first married Christmas ornament from my parents, my alma mater ornament also from my parents

My tree topper (for the second year in a row). You can check out our first married Christmas tree {HERE}.

And I can’t forget about the mini Christmas tree on my desk at the office! For only $9.99, this festive lil guy is bringing me lots of cheer while I work.

Oh, and I finished addressing my Christmas cards! I promise to post a picture of our 2012 card soon, as well as the rest of our decorations around the house.

Is your tree up?

1. The Wanna-be Southern Belle
    December 3, 2012 / 2:37 pm

she's a beaut! Now you can sit back, enjoy your tree and recieving others cards in your new home!! merry christmas guys!

2. megan
    December 3, 2012 / 2:40 pm

So pretty! We got ours yesterday, too! Can't wait to start receiving Christmas cards in the mail!

3. Dee Stephens
    December 3, 2012 / 2:45 pm

Exciting about your tree!! I'm hoping to graduate back to a real tree next year.We use my fake tall pencil tree in our house b/c it takes up less room.Also, love the tree at your desk.BTW – I'm making today my last day. I'm DONE!!

4. Pink Lace and Cupcakes
    December 3, 2012 / 2:51 pm

Your tree is lovely! How special to be in your newhome this Christmas:)

5. Pamela
    December 3, 2012 / 2:53 pm

Gorgeous!

6. Mel (Northern Lights)
    December 3, 2012 / 2:57 pm

Love it! Please host a game night or girls night so we can see it πŸ™‚

7. julia rose.
    December 3, 2012 / 3:20 pm

Yayay for big trees and no Charlie Browns!! I love it and love your ornaments πŸ™‚

8. Elaine
    December 3, 2012 / 3:41 pm

Such a productive weekend! Your tree is gorgeous. πŸ™‚

9. Meggan
    December 3, 2012 / 3:43 pm

Gorgeous tree! I love your Gator ornament!! xo MegganLila Grace

10. Ashleigh Nichole
    December 3, 2012 / 4:54 pm

I love big fluffy plump trees more then anything πŸ™‚

11. Ashley @ Bride on a Budget
    December 3, 2012 / 5:01 pm

Very pretty! I'll look past your Gator ornament though. ;-)I was reading up on taking pictures of a Christmas tree the other day and they said to set your shutter speed lower (you'll need to use a tripod) and set your aperture high. Hope this helps!

12. Caitlin
    December 3, 2012 / 6:24 pm

Absolutely love your tree! It looks gorgeous in your new home!!Hoping we can get a new house tour soon πŸ™‚

13. Laura | Our Life in the Queen City
    December 3, 2012 / 6:44 pm

SO SO CUTE! i love real trees, but sadly i'm allergic :(sooo my instagram pic from this weekend – that tiny tree in the corner is all were putting up this year! sad, i know – at least it's pretty. long story short – our cats climb the big trees = big mess.

14. Laura | Our Life in the Queen City
    December 3, 2012 / 6:47 pm

and ps – your tree from last year is totally NOT a sad little charlie brown tree πŸ™‚ its very pretty as well! xoxo

15. Catherine
    December 3, 2012 / 7:31 pm

Wedding invitation ornaments are my go-to addition to wedding and shower presents! They're so simple and sentimental. I'm glad you treasure yours :)- Catherine

16. Sara
    December 3, 2012 / 8:26 pm

So pretty! I love all the red in your tree! We're not going to be around for Christmas this year, so we're not getting a big tree. SAD. πŸ™ I'm considering a Charlie Brown tree instead, but am pretty sure our cat would eat it!

17. Elizabeth
    December 3, 2012 / 10:31 pm

Love your tree, especially the bow! I've done a six foot tree the last couple years but we are busting at the seems in our apartment, so our tree this year is about the size of the one of your desk at work!

18. Maran (HeyHawleywood)
    December 3, 2012 / 11:58 pm

Ooooh love the bow on top!!!! Hmmm gives me ideas!! can't wait to see new pics of the house.

19. Katie {Miss Dixie}
    December 4, 2012 / 12:10 am

yall are too cute! You need to frame the picture picking up your tree of you two. So fun!

20. Megan@TwoDelighted
    December 4, 2012 / 3:48 am

Soo pretty Christina! So exciting to have Christmas in a new house. Missed you at LRT's Petal event last week! Miss your cutie little face. πŸ™‚

21. Colleen
    December 4, 2012 / 2:33 pm

So pretty! So happy for you guys! I'll send you an email with a link I used last year with tips on how to take pictures of your tree – super helpful.

22. Kim @ NewlyWoodwards
    December 4, 2012 / 2:48 pm

Your tree is so pretty! And I think your picture turned out great. I have a terrible time taking pictures of the trees. Should the lights be on in the room? Should it be bright outside? Should it be dark? Plus, the settings. I found something on Pinterest that I tried last night after my son went to bed and it definitely turned out better than manual mode. ;)Anyhoo, your tree is lovely! And you two are cute as a button. Thanks for the comment at NewlyWoodwards!

23. Katie
    December 6, 2012 / 12:48 am

loving the bow on your tree!

24. arrielle_p
    December 10, 2012 / 9:37 am

Beautiful Christmas Tree you have in there. Love it! I have mine at my Manila condominiums too. :)Happy Holidays! πŸ™‚

25. YUMMommy
    December 11, 2012 / 7:23 pm

What a lovely tree!

26. Megan
    December 13, 2012 / 8:19 pm

I love seeing the tree on the car! Thanks for linking up!