The Best Chili

Just popping in to post the best chili recipe that Matt and I have ever made. It started with a “Wendy’s Chili Recipe” I found on Pinterest. I doctored it up a bit and oh-my-goodness it is so de-licious I couldn’t wait to post it! So if you’re looking to make a batch of chili soon, try this one!!!

The Best Chili
Adapted from Key Ingredient’s Wendy’s Chili

1 pound fresh ground beef
1 (29 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
 1 (29 ounce) can tomato purée
1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, drained
1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
1 medium-large onion, chopped (about 1½ cups)
1 cup diced celery
1 box of Two Alarm Chili Kit {using only half the chili powder and omitting the Masa flour}
1 ranch packet
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef.
Drain off the fat. Put the beef and the remaining ingredients in a
6-quart pot. Cover the pot and let the chili simmer for 1 to 1 1/2
hours, stirring every 15 minutes. You can also cook this in a slow
cooker on low for 3 to 4 hours.

photo added 10/15/16 — CGM at 25 months

Caroline worked hard to dump all 16 cans into the pot. She was proud of the finished product. Now if only she’d clean the kitchen…

new photo updated 10/15/16

1. Nichole
    October 27, 2013 / 11:12 pm

Yummy! I love Wendy's chili and I always tell myself to look for a copycat recipe to make at home, and then I never do so. But it's starting to *slightly* feel like Fall here in Florida, and I so need to make this! Thanks for sharing 🙂

2. Ashley @ Words About Waverly
    October 27, 2013 / 11:32 pm

Yum, thanks!!!

3. Melissa
    October 27, 2013 / 11:39 pm

Thank you for sharing! That looks delicious! I can almost smell the deliciousness from here!

4. Tricia
    October 27, 2013 / 11:46 pm

I wish I saw this earlier today. I actually made chili and cornbread for dinner tonight. Mine was good, but it wasn't as amazing as this sounds. 🙂 Thanks for posting!!

5. Abby
    October 28, 2013 / 12:12 am

This looks deeelish! Thanks for sharing! I love a nice warm bowl of chili when it's cold outside… xo Always, Abby

6. Christina @ This Woman Cooks!
    October 28, 2013 / 12:24 am

I love chili! I'll have to try this one for sure.

7. Melanie
    October 28, 2013 / 12:47 am

This chili looks delicious, I may have to try it sometime soon! Thanks for the wonderful recipe 🙂

8. Allison
    October 28, 2013 / 1:48 am

Yum!! This looks amazing! I love Wendy's chili!

9. FARMER &the BELL
    October 28, 2013 / 2:53 am

i'm going to have to try this one because i've claimed for a few years now that MY chili recipe is the best. and i mean…it is seriously so stinkin' good. i'm planning a blog post this week all about it. maybe we should commit to making each other's recipes and then we'll swap notes. 🙂

10. Jillian Manesh
    October 28, 2013 / 1:07 pm

mmm i love chili! its the perfect fall comfort food. xo jillian – cornflake dreams

11. Shayna Yancey
    October 28, 2013 / 1:15 pm

Yumm!!! Sounds so good!

12. Sarah Elizabeth
    October 28, 2013 / 3:35 pm

yum, yum, yum!!! This chilly NC weather has made me crave some good chili! This recipe is super close to the one I always use..but with a few variations, I'll have to try this one out too!!

13. Kristen
    October 28, 2013 / 4:16 pm

Yumm! The only thing missing is Fresh Okra! That's how we do it in the lowcountry! I think I'll be making some Chili tonight!XoJust when you thought

14. Jaclyn @ Haute Granola
    October 28, 2013 / 6:26 pm

This recipe looks great! I made the Kraft Hearty Slow Cooker chili last week and oh my goodness, it was THE BEST chili I've made in a long time!

15. The Mrs.
    October 28, 2013 / 8:38 pm

So glad you posted this! Looking for a good chili recipe!

16. Lauren
    October 29, 2013 / 6:34 pm

Last year, my husband and I made the best chili recipe. I completely forgot about it until I saw yours, so thanks for reminding me about it 🙂 We don't eat much beef, because it makes me feel sick, but chili is such great comfort food during these colder months!

17. Amber B.
    October 29, 2013 / 9:25 pm

Looks delicious! I enjoy chili with a big "chunk" of cornbread smothered with Kerrygold butter. It's so good!! Hope you have a great night~

18. Megan@TwoDelighted
    November 6, 2013 / 1:59 pm

So I keep forgetting to tell you that I made this chili the night before Halloween for my little pumpkin carving ceremony. It was quite delicious! I didn't see that 2 alarm chili starter thing at HT so I googled it and found this recipe which is apparently the quantity of all the spices that is in the kit. it may be helpful for if you ever don't have a hit on hand. Thanks for the great recipe, my dear!!

• Carolina Charm
      November 6, 2013 / 2:05 pm

YAY! I will definitely need to refer to this recipe for our next batch! Glad you loved it! I froze a bunch of containers for future meals. 🙂

19. Ericka
    December 9, 2013 / 6:24 pm

Just had to tell you, I pinned this recipe when you posted it back in October, and I finally made it yesterday. OMG soooo good! It was my first time ever making chili and I'm so glad I used this recipe, it was delicious. Thanks for sharing it!