Another incredible month with our little man! The joy that Thomas brings to our family every single day is unlike anything I can describe. Maybe it’s because he is a total mama’s boy but I am just so obsessed with him in a way I never thought possible. I miss him the second I am away from him and think about him all day long. I am definitely that mom who sticks around his classroom a little too long at drop-off and hug and kiss him goodbye like a hundred times before I actually leave. He has such a huge part of my heart.
The bond between Thomas and Caroline makes our hearts explode too. We are constantly in awe at how much they interact with each other. If Thomas coughs, sneezes or spits up, Caroline is the first to run over and pat his back or wipe his face. She is always so worried about him, constantly brings him toys, shares her cheerios, sings to him and refuses to go to class most mornings until she’s helped drop him off at his class. Their favorite things to do together are dancing, holding hands in the car, laughing uncontrollably at the most nonsensical things, tickle fights, rolling around on the ground together and more. I worried that Caroline would become jealous of her brother or territorial of her toys but (knock on wood) it has been the complete opposite and she takes such pride and joy in being his big sister.
Eye Health Update: Last week at his eye doctor appointment Thomas was diagnosed with strabismus which means his eyes are misaligned and oftentimes point in (giving a cross-eyed appearance). After his eye exam our doctor prescribed him with a new contact strength so we’re hoping when the new contacts arrive (this takes FOREVER and frustrates me more than anything in the world!!!!) the new fit straightens out his eyes. If not, we may have to begin discussing surgery.
Regardless of his eye misalignment, Thomas really is the happiest baby and is thriving. He’s the most lovable little thing and is doing so great.
Seven Month Highlights:
- 16 pounds? Will confirm this Friday during his flu shot appointment!
- Takes four 8 ounce bottles during the daytime and three pureed meals (mixed with oatmeal) a day. Also loving yogurt, applesauce, eggs, pancakes, crackers, cheerios/puffs and whatever else his big sister gives him when we aren’t looking.
- Becoming more interested in food and less interested in his bottle.
- Size 2 diapers, 6-9 months clothes.
- Celebrated his first snow day and first Valentine’s Day.
- Moved in to his own nursery this month!
- Says “dadada” and “babababa” (but not on command)
- Standing assisted for short periods of time. Rocking back and forth on his knees (SO close to crawling). Rolls at lightning speed across floors.
- Loves Charlie and giggles and reaches for him whenever he’s nearby.
- Very interested in sissy’s sippy cup.
- Taking MAM pacis for naps and bedtime.
- Has the driest skin and the cold weather makes his cheeks so chapped!
- Lost 1 contact this month.
Seven month favorites: Sit–to–Stand Walker / Aquaphor (for dry cheeks) / Ear thermometer / Exersaucer / Fisher-Price Lights Piano / Sippy Cup / Winkel Rattle / Links Toy / Baby Einstein Tag Along Tunes / Baby Bjourn
/ Mustela PhysiObebe No Rinse Cleanser / Dohm Sound Machine / MAM pacifiers / Nose Frida / Bumbo Seat / Boogie Mist Saline Spray
And for fun…
|Thomas & Caroline at seven months|