Four on Friday!

Oh hey! I’m laid up in bed watching Netflix with the hubs today while I recover from my revision surgery. However, I quickly jotted down four things before I left for the hospital…

one // My friend Mel hosted Supper Club for November! She invited us to wear pajamas for an evening of mimosas and breakfast (for dinner)! It was perfect! I can’t believe we’re about to wrap up another amazing year of Supper Club!

two // A few months ago I picked up The City Coat from J.Crew Factory and seriously have never received more compliments on a piece of clothing. The color is so fabulous and the price is insanely low right now. If you need a new coat this winter I highly recommend grabbing this one in bright ocean!

three // I know reading about potty training is probably one of the lamest things I could post about but technically this is about our reward system for Caroline, which I happen to think is awesome. So for potty training Matt and I had to think outside of the box for an easy, inexpensive reward that didn’t involve candy/food/treats, stamps or stickers (those things have lost their magic). So we came up with a glow-in-the-dark-stars reward system. I love this set of stars because there are a variety of sizes so we can match the star size with the reward. For example, on days Caroline’s uses the potty all day at school she gets a small star. And once we venture into using the potty for um, #2 she will get a BIG star. She is building an impressive constellation (Matt is creating the little dipper this week) and she feels so proud going to sleep with a reminder on her ceiling for being awesome. As a bonus, the star system incentivizes her to go to bed with a little less fuss because she’s excited to add her star and see it light up when we leave her room.

four // Tell me what you’re watching on Netflix, HBO, Showtime, etc. right now!!! I have some lounging to do this weekend…

Wanna join April, Natasha and I on the Friday fun? You can link-up on any of our four blogs every Friday! All you have to do is…

1.) Write your post about five things you’re lovin’ this week (or any five things you want to share!).

2.) Share the logo on your blog and link back.

3.) Link-up at the bottom of the post so some new readers can check out your five things and say hello!

1. Kelli Van Fossen
    December 2, 2016 / 11:53 am

The Crown! I started two weeks ago based on recommendations and I love it! Hopefully your recovery goes very smoothly! Glad to see no drains 🙂

• Toni :O)
      December 2, 2016 / 8:49 pm

I second The Crown! Phenomenal series!!

2. Justine
    December 2, 2016 / 12:34 pm

I have five kids-and have potty trained three of them-and I have to tell you-your glow in the dark stars incentive is amazing! I can't wait to use it for when I start potty training my very precious but extremely stubborn little boy!! 🙂 I hope your recovery goes well-I just recently had surgery myself and I think the hardest part is sitting still!! Ha! Have a great weekend! 🙂

3. Lizzie Simantz
    December 2, 2016 / 12:48 pm

Your supper club looks so fun! I'm still watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix, almost done! But I know Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is super funny and cute – hope you enjoy your weekend!

4. Regine Karpel
    December 2, 2016 / 1:43 pm

The Crown.

5. Colleen
    December 2, 2016 / 1:44 pm

Hope recovery is going well! My husband and I are in the midst of The Crown and we're really liking it. If you loved The West Wing, I'd definitely check out The Newsroom as well. Heavyweights is on Netflix if you need a pick-me-up and I've heard great things about Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt as well!

6. Trista @ The Classy Chaos
    December 2, 2016 / 1:53 pm

That is such a good idea! We will definitely have to try that as candy and stickers aren't very enticing for my little one. Hope you're feeling well! I hear The Crown and This Is Us are awesome!

7. Jen
    December 2, 2016 / 1:54 pm

I recently watched Jane the Virgin on Netflix – cute and funny and a little ridiculous but entertaining.

8. Jillian
    December 2, 2016 / 2:12 pm

i hope you are feeling ok!! good luck with your recovery! GILMORE GIRLS, parenthood, jane the virgin are all my favorites and they are on netflix! xoox

9. LHWinstead
    December 2, 2016 / 2:21 pm

I absolutely LOVE that you do a supper club with your friends – such a great idea!! Also love yall wore jammies and did breakfast for dinner 🙂 So fun!

10. Christina
    December 2, 2016 / 3:04 pm

i love the idea of a pajama supper club!!!!

11. Just Jess
    December 2, 2016 / 3:37 pm

I love the pj supper club with breakfast for dinner! Jess at Just Jess

12. Jacqui German
    December 2, 2016 / 3:42 pm

Enjoy your recovery weekend! Hope you are feeling better every minute 🙂 We're going through Parks and Rec on Netflix right now and it is seriously hilarious. If you like the Office you gotta watch!

13. Ashley Wissel
    December 2, 2016 / 5:34 pm

So glad your surgery went well!! If you haven't watched Friday Night Lights yet, I definitely recommend that one! I have been known to re-watch it over and over again. Scandal and The Blacklist are also among my faves!

14. Laura Darling
    December 2, 2016 / 6:44 pm

So fun that you all wore your PJs! What a great idea! Hope you're recovering well!

15. Aileen Johnston
    December 2, 2016 / 6:53 pm

Definitely The Crown! Although I do have a mild obsession with The Royal Family so I will watch anything that is related to them! Other than that, I have no ideas. Hope you are recovering (and resting!) well 🙂 x

16. Leslie
    December 2, 2016 / 7:20 pm

I hope your recovery is going well. You have definitely been through it! I love the reward system you came up with for Caroline. That is genius!

17. Jennis
    December 2, 2016 / 8:11 pm

Younger on the TV Land app if you like sex and the city. Thirty minute episodes that make them a breeze to watch. Enjoy!

18. Toni :O)
    December 2, 2016 / 8:50 pm

We did glow in the dark stars in my son's room and it was awesome.

19. Lauren McLemore
    December 2, 2016 / 9:48 pm

I just ordered that same coat and am patiently waiting for it to arrive!! If you don't mind me asking, what size did you get? I'm hoping I picked the right one!

20. Brandi Little
    December 2, 2016 / 11:32 pm

oh my gosh, that star system is genius!! definitely going to have to remember that one. hope you are doing better!! <3

21. nikki
    December 3, 2016 / 12:38 am

Definitely the crown if you haven't already! Also love Gilmore Girls, Madame Secretary is one I love, Quantico, Hart of Dixie (admittedly I'M probably a little behind.. haven't had cable in years and never watch anything in real time 🙂 )

22. Owen Davis @ Davis Duo
    December 3, 2016 / 1:29 pm

Have you watched Blacklist?! Soooo so good!!

23. LB
    December 3, 2016 / 2:02 pm

The Crown on Netflix!

24. Julie @ Just the Joy's
    December 6, 2016 / 8:08 pm

That star idea is genius!