Recently I ran into a dilemma before heading to work…do I put my sweet potatoes in the crockpot to bake all day? Or do I put my buffalo chicken in the crockpot to cook all day? I couldn’t decide…so I did both. Here’s the crockpot hack that has seriously changed my life…
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (Whole30 approved)
Adapted from The Real Food Dieticians
Slow Cooker Ingredients
1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Pepper Sauce
2 Tbsp. ghee, coconut oil or butter
1 Tbsp. coconut aminos
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
4 sweet potatoes
1 green onion
slow cooker liner
Homemade Ranch Dressing Ingredients
1/2 cup mayo (homemade or Primal Kitchen Mayo)
1/4 – 1/3 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
1 tsp. dried parsley
½ tsp. dried dill
½ tsp. dried garlic powder
½ tsp. dried onion powder
½ tsp. dried chives
¼ tsp. sea salt (add additional sea salt if desired)
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
1. Divide your crockpot using a piece of aluminum foil (see video tutorial). Insert slow cooker liner. Place chicken on one side and potatoes on the other side.
2. In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, combine the hot sauce, ghee, coconut aminos and garlic powder. Stir together and heat until ghee is melted.
3. Pour sauce over chicken in slow cooker.
4. Cook for 6-8 hours on low or until chicken and potatoes are tender. (I just set mine for 8 hours and let it stay on “warm” until I can get home)
5. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker and toss with sauce.
6. Serve chicken in baked sweet potatoes, drizzle with ranch and sprinkle with green onions.