Our go to SUPER EASY fajita chicken recipe that only requires one sheet pan!
I love a recipe that calls for only one pan and is quick to whip up. And these family-friendly chicken fajitas are super delicious.
Fajita Chicken Recipe Adaptions
- Gluten-Free: Swap the flour tortillas for corn tortillas.
- Dairy-Free: Skip the cheese and sour cream toppings or use dairy-free versions.
- Low Carb: Skip the shell and make a salad.
- Chicken: I have tried cooking this recipe with the chicken breasts pre-sliced (as pictured) and unsliced. The unsliced chicken is much more tender and holds the juice better so I recommend not slicing your chicken until the end.
- Baking Sheets: We really love our Nordic Ware Aluminum Sheets from Amazon. They have held up so well over the years and the 3 piece set includes the perfect sizes for all your baking needs.
- Silicone Baking Liners: We also line our sheet pans with silicone liners. They are inexpensive, durable, oven-safe, and make cooking with sheet pans so much easier with their non-stick surface.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers (any color), sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- four tortillas
- your favorite toppings: cheese, lettuce, sour cream, salsa, avocado, cilantro, lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- In a Ziploc bag, add olive oil and lime juice, chicken and veggies. Shake to coat the chicken.
- Sprinkle in spice mixture to Ziploc bag and shake well to evenly disperse seasonings.
- On a lightly greased large sheet pan, spread out chicken and veggies. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan to rest and return peppers and onions to the oven and BROIL for 3-5 minutes until the edges of the veggies start to char slightly.
- While veggies are broiling, drizzle fresh lime juice over chicken then thinly slice into strips.
- Assemble fajitas with chicken, peppers, onions. Serve with desired toppings.
I have tried cooking this recipe with the chicken breasts pre-sliced (as pictured) and unsliced. The unsliced chicken is much more tender and holds the juice better so I recommend not slicing your chicken until the end.