Supper Club | October 2018

Last week I hosted Supper Club — my first one in our new house (can I still call it new?)! In the past I’ve always signed up to host dinner in February but was really excited to snag the month of October to change it up this year. I went back and forth on whether or not to host my dinner party in our newly completed dining room or our recently overhauled backyard! We had 9 girls this month which was a tad tight for our dining room and when I saw the weather forecast (in the 60s) it absolutely sealed the deal for a beautiful fall night outside!

It was Matt’s idea to flip the seating for the party which I really liked. We moved the lounge furniture to the top deck and the dinner table down to the bottom deck. Then I added pillows and blankets to make it a little cozier.

For our appetizers I served my favorite boursin cheese & crackers and pumpkin dip!! I also offered a delicious fall cocktail — sparkling caramel apple cider which went fast.

I love how our set-up turned out. I covered two 6 ft folding tables with navy tablecloths and brought all of our dining chairs outside to go around the table. For the tablescape, I laid 3 bunches of fresh eucalyptus down the center and then added in lots of mini white pumpkins, candles and sprinkled in a few succulents.

For dinner I served a fall salad (spinach, diced apples, goat cheese & candied pecans), creamy zuppa toscana soup & cheesy rosemary crescents! And for dessert I decorated a pumpkin cheesecake from Trader Joes with whipped cream (which if you follow me on Instagram you saw the little incident of Thomas swiping it all off the top while I was inside stirring the soup).

It was a perfect night with my girls!

Previous Supper Clubs & How It All Got Started: 2017 / 2016 / 2015

Shop The Post

1. Amanda Fender
    October 23, 2018 / 7:50 am

What a beautiful set up! You are so talented 🙂

2. October 23, 2018 / 9:21 am

I love how you made it feel like fall without lots of brown and orange. The food looks delicious!

3. October 23, 2018 / 9:23 am

As always, looks like so much fun! It’s amazing what draping real tablecloths over folding tables will do — so elegant!

4. Steph
    October 23, 2018 / 10:15 am

Your tablescape is gorgeous! Quite the hostess.

5. October 23, 2018 / 11:29 am

Absolutely beautiful! Love the fall colors you chose. Did you buy the eucalyptus bunches at Trader Joes?

6. October 23, 2018 / 12:09 pm

Wow!! This all looks absolutely AMAZING!! I just love all of the fun things you do with your girlfriends – what a blessing! You did fantastic hosting!

7. Traci
    October 23, 2018 / 1:06 pm

Logistics question, how do you manage all this set up during the week? Do you take the day off? You always do such a beautiful job, it just seems overwhelming to me to plan and do all this after coming home from work.

• Christina
      Author
      October 24, 2018 / 3:27 pm

I try to get out of the office a tad bit early on the day of the party, but I really try to prep everything the night before so I can throw it in the oven or on the stove when I get home.

8. Geri
    October 23, 2018 / 9:37 pm

Absolutely stunning! Love the pumpkins

9. caleyjaderosenberg
    October 24, 2018 / 5:56 am

Absolutely gorgeous my friend – love your tablescape and what a delicious meal x

10. October 24, 2018 / 7:24 am

I absolutely LOVE how you combine simplicity and elegance when you entertain! The eucalyptus anchors your centerpiece so well and your menu is fall perfection!

• Christina
      Author
      October 24, 2018 / 1:27 pm

thank you so much!!!! I absolutely love eucalyptus!

11. Jennifer
    October 24, 2018 / 9:53 am

Where did you get those tall candles from?

• Christina
      Author
      October 24, 2018 / 1:26 pm

walmart!

12. Ashley
    October 24, 2018 / 2:51 pm

Are your husband and kids home while you have these dinners? I was thinking about doing this but I feel like it could be a logistical nightmare. Realistically I wouldn’t be able to start until 7 or 7:30 since I would need the time to get things together after work. My husband would be happy to take my daughter somewhere, but at 2, she needs to be winding down and getting ready for bed by 8 no later than 8:30. Clearly the dinner would still be going on at that point. How do you do handle that?

• Christina
      Author
      October 24, 2018 / 3:03 pm

So I try and prepare as much as possible the night before — set-up, food prep, flowers, etc. On the day of, I’ll get home a little earlier than usual to get the food going, finish decorating, straighten the house, etc. Supper Club doesn’t start until 7 pm (and normally everyone arrives between 7-730).

Matt will pick up the kiddos from daycare and take them out for dinner and then come home in time for the normal bath and bed routine (down by 8ish usually). The kids always love to say hi to everyone before they go to bed so they’ll hang out for a few minutes. After the kids are down, Matt will hide out in our bedroom working and catching up on the DVR.

13. Renee Palmeira