We use Amazon Subscribe & Save for a lot of things around here to automatically refill some of our household staples. Not only does this save me from running to Target (and overspending there!), it saves us money too (5%-15%)! When our kids were babies we had probably double the amount of subscriptions we have now (prime members can unlock 20% savings on subscriptions to diapers, baby food and more). We also used to have a dog food subscription too. Now we mostly use it for locking in discounts on personal care items, snacks, cleaning supplies and other random items that are priced less than the grocery store or Target. On top of that, we unlock additional savings by having more than 5 items per month auto-delivered. And if we don’t use a product up fast enough to need a refill, we simply skip the delivery for the next month. If you don’t know how the subscribe & save program works, you can learn about it here.
On to some of our favorite subscribe & save items…
vitamins for the whole family
- Elderberry Immune Support Gummies: to give the kiddos a little immune system boost during the cold & flu months…or whenever we hear someone in their class is sick!
- L’il Critters Gummy Vites Complete Kids Gummy Vitamins: The kiddos’ daily vitamins
- Zarbee’s Naturals Children’s Sleep Gummies: for the nights the kids need a little help getting to sleep
- Vitafusion MultiVites Gummy Vitamins: Matt’s daily vitamin
- Vitafusion Womens Gummy Vitamins: My daily vitamin
- Hydrolyzed Collagen Gummies: my daily dose of collagen — in gummy form
- Larabars: I’ve found Amazon usually carries these the cheapest, especially if you subscribe for the extra savings. Our monthly delivery usually consists of the fruits & greens bars (strawberry spinach is our favorite flavor), peanut butter cookie (my favorite) and coconut cream pie (Matt’s favorite).
- fruit snacks
- Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment (2 pack): I keep these everywhere (car, purse, nightstand, makeup drawer, kitchen drawer, etc.) for chapped lips. During the winter, I also use it on the kids faces to protect their little cheeks and lips.
- allergy medication
- paper towels
- Earth Friendly Products Orange Plus Cleaner (2 pack): I’ve been using this all-purpose cleaner for years and have blogged about it one million times, so I won’t go into detail, but this is my favorite cleaner ever.
- clorox wands
- slow cooker liners
- Children’s Toothpaste (3 pack): one for downstairs, one for upstairs and one for the travel bag…delivered every 3 months.
- sunscreen: face stick / spray
- saline nasal spray
- color changing bath tablets
We also use Subscribe & Save for several items around our house that we need a reminder to change out. We set our auto-delivery for every 3 or 6 months for the items below. When they arrive, we change them out immediately!
- air filters (every 3 months)
- batteries to remind us to change out the smoke detectors (every 6 months)
- refrigerator water filter (every 6 months)
- coffee pot cleaner (every 6 months)
The reminder items are so smart!! I need to do that for sure!
Crystal Workman says
Thanks for this! I signed up for some of these products. I use S&S for a few things I can get cheaper, but I really need to utilize it more!
Tide pods, toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates, vitamins/probiotics/melatonin, pretzel crisps, mascara, apple sauce pouches, dry shampoo, trash bags, neosporin, and dish brush are my on my subscribe and save list. It has cut out most of our Costco trips and so much more convenient!
Mallory Thomas says
We use the Natrol 1 mg melatonin with the kids when we need it , found it on amazon a few months back it’s only $4 when you do subscribe and save and the kids love them just as much as the gummies for a fraction of the price!
So much stuff!
Toilet paper, contact solution, dishwasher tablets, laundry tablets, eye makeup remover, tampons, makeup (foundation, concealer, mascara, eyeliner…)
Kelly E says
We LOVE S&S! Our go-tos are chapstick (we’re always losing it or our 2 yo eats it), laundry detergent, diapers & wipes (we’ve been very impressed with the Amazon brand for both–comparable to Pampers), toothbrushes (and we switch out immediately), vitamins, and coffee filters. With another babe on the way, we’ll S&S to even more, I’m sure!