I wanted to get this post out a little early because a few of my favorite Valentine gift items are already on sale and typically sell out quickly (looking at you fondue pot!). So while you may not be thinking about Valentine’s Day just yet, it never hurts to knock it out early.
Pre-kids we traditionally celebrated with dinner out at Cajun Queen! Now Valentine’s Day looks different, but I honestly love it even more and I am especially excited it falls on a Sunday this year too. We love to make a special breakfast for the kids, bake some treats together (like heart shaped rice krispie treats or funfetti chex mix) and gift them a few tiny gifts (will write a separate post on this). Every year, Matt and I gift each other the same thing — underwear! I mean, what better holiday to splurge on Tommy John boxers for him and a Hanky Panky set for me? This year, I also already purchased this hilarious Toilet Paper Tag game for Matt too. For dinner, we will grab twice baked potatoes, brussels sprouts, salad and the best steaks in town from New York Butcher Shoppe and cook them restaurant style (my FAVORITE steak recipe ever, ever, ever). And for dessert, we will fire up our fondue pot and make chocolate fondue with the kids!
Alright, let’s get to the gift guide! Note: I recommend reading through the gift descriptions instead of just scanning the collage because I’ve added in some extra ideas and tips for ya!
- Diamond Studs: These earrings were my #1 reader favorite Amazon item from my Christmas gift guide for the ladies — and for good reason. These studs are gorgeous and are offered in .9 – 4 carats. I wear mine almost every day. I originally bought them to see if I was responsible enough to ask for a pair of real diamond earrings…and two months later I lost one stud and had to buy another pair!
- Pura Smart Home Diffuser: This popular gift item sold out SO fast around Christmas. So if you missed out on this diffuser, you’ve got another opportunity to put it on your wish list for V-day!
- Fresh Flowers: Did you know…you can order fresh flowers for delivery from Amazon?! Yes, you can! And I have — several times over the past few years!
- Printed Knot Headband: A super popular item from last year’s Favorite Things Gift Exchange! This is my favorite headband and the one I wear the most! It’s seriously the cutest little gift.
- Initial Necklace: A gorgeous, personalized necklace that is affordable and completely customizable!
- Monopoly Deal: One of my reader favorite items with 18K+ Amazon reviews, this game is a much faster way to play Monopoly and is easy to travel with or slip in your purse for date night out too!
- Code Names: Another #1 Amazon recommended game (with almost 17K reviews), this game is fun for 2 people but even more fun with more! We have even played this game over Zoom for a virtual double date night with one of my besties.
- Fondue Pot: Our kids looooooove fondue night! It is seriously the most fun dinner or dessert. You can find our cheese fondue and chocolate fondue recipes HERE. These pots sell out quickly around Valentine’s Day (our pot is already on backorder) so I’ve rounded up a few others: Wayfair / Williams-Sonoma / Nordstrom / Bed Bath & Beyond / Amazon / Amazon
- Ticket To Ride: SO MUCH FUN. You do need to invest a little time upfront to learn how to play but I promise you the 13K Amazon reviews will have you convinced to buy this one! This was also the #1 reader recommended board game during quarantine!
- Movie Night Box: Inspired by a recent client gift project at work — a box full of everything you need for movie night at home! We ended up making our own boxes due to logistics, but strongly considered this movie night box for awhile. There are TONS of options on Amazon with different snacks and candy. Etsy is also another great place to look and even includes more specialized/customized options like a Gluten-Free Movie Night Kit.
- Silk Pillow Case: I absolutely love my silk pillowcase SO much that everyone else in my family got jealous of so I bought them all their own (much less expensive) sets too! So now everyone in our family is officially silk pillow case obsessed.
- Stars Above Pajama Line: Last year I polled y’all on the best pajamas and two most popular types of pajamas that were mentioned again and again were Lake Pajamas and the Stars Above Target line! I still haven’t splurged on Lake but can definitely confirm that the Stars Above line is truly incredible!! I would also be remiss not to mention the suuuuuper popular Amazon pajama set too!
- Hanky Panky: I am very, very picky when it comes to underwear and only wear two brands. Hanky Panky has been my favorite for decades now. And when I prefer more coverage, I looooove the Air or Second Skin line from Tommy John.
- Indoor/Outdoor Slippers: Another reader favorite from my Christmas guide!!! I am so obsessed with these slippers that have more than 15K Amazon reviews!! They are so cozy and have held up super well with lots of daily use and I’ve washed them several times in the washer and they come out just as fluffy as when they arrived. They are a great price and come in several colors!
- Adore Me Subscription ($15 off referral link): If you are looking for high quality bras, sleep or lounge wear, lingerie, swim, activewear and more, this is a super fun subscription service (that is VERY easy to pause, skip months or cancel anytime). You complete a profile about what types of items you’re interested in receiving, then each month you receive a box of goodies. I started my subscription last year and have found some really great items — all of which are excellent quality.
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray: My favorite hair product since my first bottle in 2018! It’s pricey but totally worth it and the bottle lasts all year (I usually get my refill every Christmas)! You can always grab the mini size bottle too as a more affordable option too!
- Olaplex Shampoo & Conditioner: One of my newer favorite products. Just a drop of the shampoo goes a long way so the bottle lasts awhile and smell so insanely good. And I have seen a difference in my hair since using them. Highly recommend! You can find Olaplex at Nordstrom / Sephora & Amazon!
- COCO MADEMOISELLE Parfum (also available at Sephora & Ulta): My favorite perfume since college! I do have some runner ups though that I discovered from my reader favorite fragrance poll (which I highly recommend checking out). When I’m not wearing my old faithful, I loooove Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt or Peony & Blush Suede (see #20) or my third favorite is Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum by Viktor&Rolf!
- Rose Face Mask: I’ve been using this mask since 2018 and have blogged about it a million times (and always include it on my Valentine Gift Guides & Christmas Gift Guides). This silky gel infused with rose petals is hands down my favorite face mask for hydrating and toning. It comes in two different sizes and you can find it at Sephora / Nordstrom / Walmart
- Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt or Peony & Blush Suede
- Batwing Sleeve Oversized Ribbed Sweater: A super soft sweater that comes in a million colors!
- Balloon Sleeve Sweater: My go to sweater when I want to kick it up a notch for work or date night. I have it in beige and also black! I wear them both a LOT.
- Cotton Roll Neck Sweater: My favorite casual sweater to wear with jeans. I love the soft pink color!!
- Turtleneck Irregular Hem Knit Sweater: My #1 favorite sweater and also the #1 reader favorite. Buy it in ALL the colors. It’s SO comfortable. No seriously…all the colors.
- Slouchy Comfy Sweater: Another goodie that comes in lots of colors!!
Need more ideas? Check out this Gift Guide for Her — lots of amazing items!
Related Posts You May Also Want to Check Out
- Valentine’s Day Ideas for Kids (Gifts, Cards, Treats & More)
- Restaurant Style Steak
- Gift Guide for Her
- Gift Guide for Him
- Reader Recommended Best Women’s Fragrances
- Valentine Breakfast Ideas for Kids
- Cheese Fondue Recipe
- Chocolate Fondue Recipe
- Best Games for Virtual Game Night
- Heart Shaped Rice Krispie Treats
- Valentine Funfetti Chex Mix
Leave a Reply