Mommy’s Magical Stain Remover

Remember when this happened

One afternoon while Caroline was left unattended with markers just long enough for me to pee she decided to draw all over the carpet and couch. And then she spent an eternity in time out.

One of our bigger mistakes we’ve made was purchasing a WHITE couch (pre-kids). Thankfully we were talked into adding a 5 year furniture protection plan. However, when I sent the cleaning company the pictures of the couch to report the damage they laughed in my face and said “nope! nopity, nope, nope!” And so we let it sit for 6 weeks while I pondered how to tackle the stain.

Finally I remembered the super amazing tip from the Pottery Barn associate who helped us pick out ANOTHER WHITE piece of furniture for Caroline’s nursery. That time I blame preggo brain for making such a terrible decision. Anyway, she told me to use Mr. Clean’s Magic Erasers on our furniture to remove the toughest stains.

And it worked. So I finally un-grounded Caroline.

No go stock up on these miracle stain remover pads!

1. Lizzie Simantz
    August 23, 2016 / 12:05 pm

My gosh I knew that magic erasers could do a lot but I didn't even think to try on our couches (which really need it!) Thank you!

2. Ashley Stephenson
    August 23, 2016 / 12:30 pm

I need to get some of these ASAP. We don't have kids, but we do have a white couch and my husband somehow seems to be the most clumsy person ever and spill something where ever he goes!

3. Bekah Walsh
    August 23, 2016 / 12:49 pm

Wow! I love magic erasers but didn't think they could be used on upholstery. This is amazing information!

4. Stephanie Wilhite
    August 23, 2016 / 12:56 pm

I think I need these ASAP!

5. The Girl who Loved to Write
    August 23, 2016 / 1:38 pm

I had no idea they could be used on furniture-you're a lifesaver!

6. Kathleen Frash
    August 23, 2016 / 4:12 pm

I use magic erasers on everything – but never thought of this! I have a big love/hate relationship with our white couch and white pottery barn rocker. With a baby and a dog they are always dirty. Thank you so much for sharing this trick. Immediately trying when I get home tonight!

7. Brittany
    August 23, 2016 / 4:19 pm

I need more detail! Did you wet the magic eraser or use it dry? And did you use it on the carpet too? Same technique?Our couch is slipcovered, which helps a LOT, especially when potty training. But small kids find ways to stain all.the.things. so I know this tip is going to be put to good use in our home!

• Carolina Charm
      August 23, 2016 / 6:51 pm

I wet them and then scrub the heck out of my cushions! Works like a charm! I had to do it two separate times to get the stain out completely!

8. Simply LKJ
    August 23, 2016 / 5:14 pm

My youngest has white slipcovers. Need to tell her this!!

9. Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld
    August 23, 2016 / 5:25 pm

I have never even thought to use them on the furniture. That's incredible! Thank you so much for the tip… I wonder if they work on the carpet, too?!

10. Jo
    August 23, 2016 / 6:11 pm

magic erasers are amazing. In college, we had a party at our apartment and a boozed up frat boy got hold of a sharpie and drew *ahem* male body parts all over a wall. Magic eraser to the rescue!!! I broke a bottle of wine in the room that is now Lawter's back when it was my junk room and when we were setting it up as her nursery about two years later, I got all the stain out of the carpet with peroxide, an iron and a dish towel. Love awesome tricks!!

11. PolkaDottyPlace
    August 23, 2016 / 7:01 pm

I'm a huge magic eraser fan and had no idea you could use it on white fabric!! Game changer. We just bought a white sectional for our new house and have two kids under three so I'm filing this post away for future use. Thanks for sharing 🙂

12. Leslie
    August 23, 2016 / 10:55 pm

What a great trick! Also, I love your sofa!

13. Christina
    August 25, 2016 / 12:59 am

oh my gosh, i can't believe it worked! that's pretty awesome…i'll be stocking up for sure. but i gotta say, she looks like a cutie with her coloring…haha! save that pic for her future art portfolio! 😉

14. Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey
    August 25, 2016 / 3:47 am

So good to know!! & I was just wondering about this the other day after seeing it on SC ha!

15. Jenn @ West Sac Honey
    August 26, 2016 / 5:20 pm

Get out! Mr. Clean Eraser removed that?!! Lucky girl! Whew! We use those on the boat at the end of the summer works like a charm!

16. Julie @ Just the Joy's
    August 27, 2016 / 12:37 pm

I love the magic eraser! They work great for cleaning up Native shoes too!

17. Sara Elizabeth
    August 27, 2016 / 4:16 pm

Those things are a lifesaver. I don't know what is in them… nor do I want to know… but they absolutely work. On everything. So glad you were able to fix the couch! (We have the furniture plan, too… but now you have me worried that they aren't as inclusive as they pretended to be!)

18. Jenny
    August 29, 2016 / 5:00 pm

I haven't ever thought of using those on furniture, but now I will! I use resolve on my couch messes and it seems to work good too.