Meal Plan Monday: Whole30 | Week 1 + 2

If you’re not doing Whole30, you may want to skip this post (even though these recipes are amazing even if you’re not doing Whole30). I literally scour the internet for HOURS to meal plan each week on this diet and have found posts like this extremely helpful. So today I’m sharing the meals we ate last week as well as the meals we are planning to eat this week. After one week, Matt and I are SO obsessed with this diet and have never been happier with our food intake. We feel SO good on this diet and are excited to keep going. My sister and BIL are on this diet too so it’s really fun to share recipes and keep each other accountable when we really want to grab a handful of candy!

Also, do me a favor, if you are doing Whole30, drop your favorite recipe in the comments pretty please!

Sweet Potato Breakfast Stacks

L: Leftover Ground Turkey Taco Bowls with Spanish Cauliflower Rice

D: Chicken Fried Rice

SATURDAY:

B: Banana Pancakes

L: Salad
D: Oven Baked Ribs w/ Roasted Green Beans

SNACKS: celery or apples with almond butter, plantain chips and hard boiled eggs

**Favorite recipes of the week: Sweet Potato Breakfast Stacks and Ground Turkey Taco Bowls with Spanish Cauliflower Rice

Here’s what’s on deck for this week:

WEEK 2

SUNDAY
B: Banana Pancakes
L: Eggroll in a Bowl (this wasn’t our favorite, but the kids ate it)
D: Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili

B: Breakfast Casserole

L: Leftover Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili

D: Ground Turkey Taco Bowls with Spanish Cauliflower Rice

THURSDAY

B: Scrambled eggs

L: Leftover Ground Turkey Taco Bowls with Spanish Cauliflower Rice

D: Seared Tilapia with Avocado Salsa (modified with cauliflower rice and omitting beans + corn)

FRIDAY

B: Banana Pancakes

L: Salad

D: TBD (traveling)

Now tell me what you’re eating on Whole30!

1. Kate
    January 8, 2018 / 12:45 pm

Thank you for sharing!! I want to try whole30 so bad but so intimidated by it! The sweet potato stacks looked amazing when you posted them on insta!

2. Amanda
    January 8, 2018 / 1:07 pm

My hubby and I are loving it too! This is the 2nd time we've done it. I just made the turkey and sweet potato chili for the first time last week and we LOVED it! Here are a few of our favorites:I do these in muffin pans for an easy breakfast: https://www.ourpaleolife.com/all-day-frittata/Buffalo chicken stuffed sweet potatoes: https://therealfoodrds.com/slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken/ (I top with Primal Kitchen avocado ranch and it's DELISH)Made chicken piccata on Saturday and it was devine: https://littlebitsof.com/2017/01/whole30-chicken-piccata/ (side note…the almond flour and coconut flour burn pretty easily. I suggest either baking or cleaning out the pan in between each batch)Sweet potato chip nachos: http://paleogrubs.com/nacho-recipeSweet potato cheeseburger casserole: https://blog.paleohacks.com/cheeseburger-casserole/Shepard's pie: https://gethealthyu.com/recipe/shepherds-pie-with-sweet-potato-topping/I feel like I could go on and on….we love this diet too and try to do a modified version when we are off it after the 30 days!

3. A Simple Southern Life
    January 8, 2018 / 1:39 pm

So many yummy ideas… I am adding the turkey taco bowls to my meal plan for this week now. Thank you for sharing! I love all of the new ideas!

4. Amanda
    January 8, 2018 / 1:45 pm

These look delicious!!! I am SO eager to try out Whole 30…but am currently only 4 months postpartum with my 3rd baby and am exclusively nursing….so planning to wait until she's weaned. I know you said you do "cheat" with alcohol on the weekends since you are only doing this for weight loss…do you really stick to all the rules otherwise – for example, do you find sugar free bacon, or just go with the regular? I'm just wondering how much of a difference it makes. I live in a very rural area and will likely need to make a few allowances when I choose to try it out!

• B
      January 8, 2018 / 5:27 pm

You could totally do it while nursing! We've done it twice & don't do a whole lot of complicated meals. We do a lot of protein & veggie sides, taco salad bowls, fried cauliflower rice, roast on occasion (I don't love roast), chili without beans, zoodles with shrimp olive oil, lemon, and red pepper flakes, spaghetti with squash noodles, eggs (boiled, fried, frittata cups, etc) for breakfast, etc. I do have trouble finding compliant bacon in my little town, but get the applegate farms at Kroger because it's the best I can find here. Also like sliced apples for snacks (sometimes add compliant almond butter), my husband likes prociutto too. Healthy little peach on Instagram is pregnant and just started another round of whole 30. She has lots of great recipes and easy ideas.

• Amanda
      January 9, 2018 / 2:34 pm

Thank you!! I was actually just researching a bit yesterday and found lots of info that supported it being very safe while nursing, with the caveat that you do need to snack often, which I think isn't encouraged on the traditional Whole30 plan.

5. Anonymous
    January 8, 2018 / 2:55 pm

You know the banana pancakes are technically against the rules, right?

6. Kate
    January 8, 2018 / 4:30 pm

We love the buffalo chicken sweet potatoes mentioned above! I like to make a double batch of the salmon cakes from the book to keep on hand for lunches – they reheat really well and go with ranch or wilted salmon and fried egg. Also really liked the poached salmon with cucumber dill sauce from the whole 30 cookbook last week. And while technically “against the rules,” we love smoothies for a quick breakfast – filling and easy! Can’t wait to try some of these you mentioned!

7. Sweet Caroline
    January 8, 2018 / 4:41 pm

I just don’t understand where you find the time to meal plan/shop and cook all these things as a working mama? That’s what intimidates me. It’s so much easier and way less time consuming to just throw a meat and a veggie on at night. Where in the world do you find the time and energy for all that?! I’m jealous!

8. little b
    January 8, 2018 / 4:55 pm

I tried to do a Whole 30 a few years ago and ultimately gave up because I couldn't stand to look at one more sweet potato. Everything listed here looks delicious, though, so I may be inspired to give it another go!

9. Anna Kurzanski
    January 8, 2018 / 5:26 pm

I'll make "sweet potato toast" aka a slice of sweet potato toasted, and add mashed avocado, bacon and a poached egg on top – it's SO yummy

• Sara
      January 8, 2018 / 6:46 pm

I like to make a sweet potato hash with shallots and bacon. I add salt, pepper and cumin which makes it a little more savory and then top it with an egg (or 2!) however you like your eggs. It's filling and yummy! We also do Taco stuffed zucchini boats and chicken fried "rice" with cauliflower. It's one of my favorites and really good leftover too!

• Anonymous
      January 9, 2018 / 11:14 am

That's because it's not a diet, it's a short-term reset of your system that's supposed to help you understand what foods work best for your body.

10. TayFrizz
    January 8, 2018 / 6:32 pm
  11. Sarah Wartenberg
    January 8, 2018 / 7:02 pm

This is our third time doing Whole 30, (every January and June). We love making sloppy joe stuffed sweet potatoes. Bake two medium or one large sweet potato halve and fill with ground beef browned then simmered in Whole 30 approved bbq sauce (we use the tangy bbq sauce recipe from the Whole 30 book), serve with a side salad, filling, yummy, and oh so easy!!

12. Anne
    January 9, 2018 / 1:51 am

Love these ideas! We are starting next week after my birthday!

13. Owen Davis @ Davis Duo
    January 9, 2018 / 12:01 pm

Not in whole 30 but I need to be!! When we get home from vacation I am getting my butt in gear and stealing some of these recipes!