Five on Friday!

one // Let’s start with the most important things like…THE FRY BASKET. I received SO many Instagram messages asking me for more information on this magical basket. Technically it’s a “vegetable basket” but I’m calling it a fry basket since we plan to grill fries every day for the indefinite future. So, the most common question asked was fresh vs frozen fries? We use the frozen sweet potato fries from the freezer section. On high heat they take about 25+ minutes to reach perfection on the grill, flipping occasionally. Find it here: Amazon // Target // Home Depot

two // One of the things I accidentally scooped up at Target this week is this amazing tank.

three // I have been binging through so many of your podcast recommendations from last week! For working mamas, you MUST listen to Best of Both Worlds, a podcast by two working mamas. Hosts Laura Vanderkam, author of I Know How She Does It and a mom of four, and Sarah Hart-Unger, a practicing physician, blogger, and mom of three, discuss work/life balance, career development, parenting, time management, productivity, and making time for fun.

four // A few months ago I bought the Super Goop Refresh Setting Mist to set my makeup when I’m planning to be outside in the sun. I love that it includes SPF 50 protection and smells like rosemary and mint! The 1 oz version is $12 and will definitely get me through the entire summer, maybe longer. You can find it at Nordstrom or Sephora!

five // Where are my Florida readers at?! (you’ll totally appreciate this) Our neighborhood Publix opened this week! I have been anxiously awaiting their grand opening for like 4 years (since they announced they were building one) and could not be more excited to finally have one down the street. I went yesterday just to grab two lunchables for dinner and wandered around the store in awe. So tell meeeeee, Publix fans, what are your favorite Publix specific items that need to go on my shopping list?! Besides subs and cakes, duh! It’s been almost a decade since I’ve regularly shopped at Publix! What have I been missing?

SHOP THE POST

1. June 22, 2018 / 7:19 am

I’ve never made fries in our veggie basket but it’s time to start!! Grilled fries…YUM! I have been eyeing that Rose in the USA tank but can’t seem to convince myself that it’s appropriate for a pregnant person, ha! Maybe I’ll scoop it up for “next year.” It’s just so perfect!

• Christina
      Author
      June 22, 2018 / 10:35 am

this made me LOL. I wouldn’t judge you for wearing it. haha

2. Laura
    June 22, 2018 / 8:53 am

My husband and I have become obsessed with the freshly made pizza dough from the bakery section at Publix for our Friday night pizza dinners. It’s $2.99 for the little bag of dough which is more than enough for the two of us and we each make personal pizzas with fresh herbs from our garden.

• Christina
      Author
      June 22, 2018 / 10:47 am

adding to my shopping list!!! thank you!

• June 22, 2018 / 1:27 pm

You could totally grill your pizzas too! Right next to your fries! 🙂

• Erica
      June 23, 2018 / 8:33 am

DEFINITELY grill your pizzas with their dough!

Also -their bourbon salmon is spot on! And, when we aren’t feeling the bourbon, they sell a “magic salmon seasoning” that is probably not Publix-specific, but we put that on regular salmon using spray butter and it is our favorite. (grill it)

Publix breakfast bread

3. June 22, 2018 / 9:10 am

My husband got that grilling basket for father’s day and our vegetables didn’t go over so well in it. They really dried out, but it looks perfect for fries! We’ll try that next time. Sierra Beautifully Candid

4. Brittney
    June 22, 2018 / 9:20 am

So glad you like Best of Both Worlds! I listen to it at my desk while I’m working every week 🙂 I love my crime podcasts, but this one is definitely fun and relatable for us working mamas!

• Christina
      Author
      June 22, 2018 / 10:48 am

I am so obsessed! I love it! GREAT rec!

5. Lisa Berkley
    June 22, 2018 / 9:21 am

We used to live in florida and loved Publix. There cakes and subs are the best. And you cant beat their customer service! Now we live in Des Moines, Iowa where HyVee is the go to store, but their service leaves much to be desired compared to Publix.

6. Katie
    June 22, 2018 / 9:52 am

I love Publix! My local one has surprisingly darn good sushi. They also usually have some great buffalo chicken salad spread and other dips – located near the fancy cheeses at my local store. And of course, it’s hard to beat their cakes. The strawberry cream cheese one is my favorite.

• Christina
      Author
      June 22, 2018 / 10:48 am

ohhhhh! I need to look for those dips!!!!

7. June 22, 2018 / 9:58 am

Publix is THE BEST! It’s the only place we shop! They have really fantastic deli meats and cheeses for cheeseboards, and of course, their subs are to die for. I’ll never eat Subway again! You also can’t beat their customer service. Everyone is so genuinely nice there. I always say that they are the Chick-Fil-A of grocery stores. Lol.

• Christina
      Author
      June 22, 2018 / 10:49 am

I seriously had at LEAST 25 people say hello and ask if I needed anything. It’s their first week, so it’s a little over the top right now but dang, that is some goooooood friendly service!

8. Ashley B
    June 22, 2018 / 10:01 am

Fresh White Mountain Bread!

• Christina
      Author
      June 22, 2018 / 10:49 am

adding to list!!!!

9. Lisa F
    June 22, 2018 / 10:08 am

Pizza Dough near the bakery in the small fridge
    PubSubs
    their fried chicken is amazing!!
    Buffalo wings out of the hot section are also amazing and make for an easy dinner
    Rotisserie Chicken
    Publix Brand Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt

• Christina
      Author
      June 22, 2018 / 10:50 am

adding ALL of this. YUMMMMMMM

10. June 22, 2018 / 10:17 am

I must try grilled fries. I’ve heard those veggie baskets are genius and a must-have for grillers. Also, I miss having Publix right around the corner since we’ve moved outside of Charlotte.

11. e
    June 22, 2018 / 10:26 am

My kids love the Publix Greenwise frozen pizza. It’s the only frozen pizza they’ll eat and they’re around $6 but occasionally go down to $5.

• Christina
      Author
      June 22, 2018 / 10:51 am

I saw that in the freezer section yesterday (on sale)! Now that I know it’s a fan favorite, I’m adding it to my list! Thank you!

12. June 22, 2018 / 10:56 am

I’ll be checking out that Supergoop! Okay, we don’t have Publix. WHAAAAAA😩 but I was in TN recently and they do! Anyway, if you are pimento cheese fan, add the Palmetto Pimento cheese to your list. To.die.for!!! I talked about it in my FF last week. LOL Happy weekend!

13. Sarah
    June 22, 2018 / 11:10 am

I second the Fried Chicken rec! So good and easy weeknight meal 🙂

14. Caitlin
    June 22, 2018 / 12:11 pm

I live in Georgia and am so glad we have a Publix every 2 Miles! My favorite thing is their Key Lime Pie! It is basically all I ate when pregnant with my son. It’s the best ever!

15. Cate
    June 22, 2018 / 12:47 pm

I love best of both worlds! I’ve read Sarah’s blog forever and find her so relatable.

16. Elizabeth
    June 22, 2018 / 1:18 pm

We are in VA now but I’m a Florida native and miss Publix so much. I second the recs for their fried chicken and Publix brand ice cream. One of my other favorites (that I stock up on when I’m home) is the fire-roasted corn/black bean salsa, found in the deli section. SO good. I also love some of their salad kits, esp. the Spinach Bacon Blue. Hoping now that y’all have Publix in NC they’ll make their way up here!

17. June 22, 2018 / 1:27 pm

We don’t have a Publix near us but YAY for a new grocery store (#wereold). Have a great weekend! xo, Jen

18. June 22, 2018 / 2:01 pm

Love all your shares! I love Publix- I buy their greenwise meats and organic items.

19. Victoria
    June 22, 2018 / 2:39 pm

The Publix buffalo chicken dip is AMAZING! It rivals making homemade.

20. Christy
    June 22, 2018 / 2:40 pm

This may sound super strange, but how do I do podcasts? I’ve never done one. Thanks! I love your blog.

21. June 22, 2018 / 3:08 pm

I am burning with jealousy over your Publix! I moved from FL to TX in 2010 and luckily Texas has HEB, but here in Utah we don’t have any good grocery stores. I’m just glad we’re getting a Trader Joe’s this year!

Definitely the deli’s tarragon chicken salad. So good.

22. June 22, 2018 / 3:10 pm

Oh and Palmetto brand pimento cheese (plain version). THE BEST, as good as homemade. My parents bring me some on ice whenever they visit!

23. Kelly Dellinger
    June 22, 2018 / 4:15 pm

Publix is the best!!!! They have awesome store brand ice cream, brown eggs, good cheese, organic chicken (Greenwise I think is the brand?), pizza dough, and CAKE. Birthday cake, wedding cake, you name it — theirs is awesome. Plus they’re super friendly and shopping is legit a pleasure there! My girls love the truck carts they get to drive around when we shop there!

24. June 22, 2018 / 4:45 pm

I’m obsessing over that Rose in the USA shirt! I think I need that in my life. I’m from up north where we don’t have Publix but my boyfriend, who is from the south. raves about them!

25. June 22, 2018 / 4:55 pm

Th Chantilly Cake is the perfect summer cake, the freshly made pizza dough is great for pizzas on the grill, the buffalo chicken dip, the chicken taco dip, and the deli’s chili are so great! Also check and see if your Publix is doing grocery delivery. Our’s does and it’s a game changer. Order and it’s at our house in an hour 🙂

26. Breanne
    June 22, 2018 / 7:02 pm

All the dips and salads in the publix deli are amazeballs.
    Also, customer service is outta this world. I went on Monday and I forgot my wallet. They suspended my transaction, put my groceries in the cooler while I went home to get my wallet. When I came back with my wallet they wheeled the cart out, found a bagger and sent him with me to the car to put my groceries in it.

27. Megan
    June 22, 2018 / 7:33 pm

The Publix buffalo chicken dip is a must buy. I don’t even like buffalo chicken and this stuff is SO GOOD.

28. Katie
    June 23, 2018 / 8:16 am

I love Publix corn muffins! My mom brings them to me from Florida that’s how obsessed I am! Also their sweet tea is great!

29. Rachel Williams
    June 25, 2018 / 3:49 pm

You’ve got to try the Publix Taragon Chicken Salad. It comes in a container in the deli section with all the other pre-made salads. So yummy!!

30. summsteph001
    June 26, 2018 / 8:29 pm

Yey for Publix! I am from FLA but we lived in Kentucky for a year, before there was a Publix, and I was so depressed whenever I went to grocery shop. Their subs are everything but their fresh baked chocolate chip and sugar cookies from the bakery (the 24 count) are amazing!