Five on Friday!

Happy Friday! We have a slam packed weekend of fun activities ahead. It’s going to be a good one! Is it 5 o’clock yet?

1. Dry Bar

Last weekend I received an invitation to the Charlotte Agenda + Dry Bar + Diet Coke Pop Up and brought my girlfriend Laura for a girly date! We sipped on the new diet coke flavors while getting mai tai blow outs and left with some fun swag. It was a blast. Afterwards we grabbed margaritas and nachos at the new Pink Cactus restaurant across the street.

2. Spring Outfits

The weather this week has been so weird! One day it snowed and the next day it was 70 degrees and sunny. Anyway, here are two of my new spring outfits that I am loving!

3. Treetop Camping

We just booked our next family glamping adventure! Our family was invited to spend a weekend at Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in Golden Valley, North Carolina later this summer. There is a wide variety of accommodations from luxury cabins to glamping tents and we decided to book a treetop cabin (with air conditioning!) overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains! I know camping isn’t for everyone, but it is definitely the kind of adventure our family loves and we can’t wait!

4. Supper Club

Stephanie hosted March Supper Club a few weeks ago and surprised us with the most fun dinner ever — sushi!!!! It was a huge hit and a fun night!

5. Amazon Finds of the Week

1. EltaMD UV Daily Facial Sunscreen: Anytime I use products with SPF on my face I break out into a terrible itchy rash that then peels for about a week. It’s awful and I basically battle a summer-long breakout. Last year I had pretty good luck with Josie Maran sunscreen, but I’m excited to give this EltaMD sunscreen a shot after seeing it reviewed so many places! I grabbed the lip balm too!
  2. Rattan Woven Wicker Earrings (Left / Right): I am loving the woven accessories trend this summer! These earrings are too cute! I can’t wait to wear them on our beach vacation.
  3. Mens Slim Fit Quick Dry Short Swim Trunks / Toddler Quick Dry Swim Trunks: Matt loved Tom’s new swim trunks so much that he picked up the men’s version to match him all summer. I love the fit of these (they don’t go all the way down to the knees) and the fish bone print is awesome.
  4. Eye Brow Tinting Kit: I love to get my eye brows tinted for special occasions but had no clue I could do it myself at home until Veronika posted about her home tinting kit earlier this week. I ordered it immediately and cannot wait to try it. If you don’t see my face for a few weeks…it’s because, um, it didn’t go so well.
  5. Bug Zapper Racket: Because summer time. Matt is going to have so much fun with these in our backyard.

1. April 5, 2019 / 6:52 am

I am loving the rattan trend for summer, too! So light and fun! You always find the BEST places to stay on fun and unique vacations. I want to go to a tree-top cabin! My kids would love that. Have a great weekend, xo

2. abbie
    April 5, 2019 / 9:17 am

Let me know how you like the ELTA sunblock. My dermatologist recommended it but haven’t quite bit the bullet to try it yet.

3. AA
    April 5, 2019 / 9:26 am

Beware of ordering the Elta MD on Amazon. A lot of the reviews say it is counterfeit, and people have had really awful reactions to the fake product (swelling, hives, peeling, serious sunburns, etc.). Just a fair warning! The best place to get it is Dermstore.com.

• Christina
      Author
      April 6, 2019 / 7:37 am

Ohhhh myyy gosh. Thank you for the heads up. Mine has arrived but I haven’t used it yet!

• AA
        April 8, 2019 / 3:20 pm

If you look on their website, they specifically say that Amazon is NOT an authorized reseller. So be careful! Some of the reviews were really horrific.

4. April 5, 2019 / 9:26 am

I live and die by that Elta sunblock! My sister is an aesthetician and recommended it for my skin. I wear it every day under my makeup and it serves as a primer for my makeup/keeps my face from getting greasy. I feel like it’s the holy grain of skincare products!

• Christina
      Author
      April 6, 2019 / 7:38 am

I am sooooo excited to try it! I’ve never found a good sunblock for my sensitive skin and am hopeful this is the one!

5. April 5, 2019 / 9:30 am

I just ordered that leopard top yesterday! I love how you put it together. 🙂

6. Meagan
    April 5, 2019 / 9:45 am

I have been dying my eyebrows on my own for years (they are very blonde) and use Just For Men beard dye after another blogger recommended. I used to go to the salon to get this done once a month and can now do it at home for soo cheap! Just use a sample mascara wand to apply and follow box instructions. Saves so much time and money!

• Christina
      Author
      April 6, 2019 / 7:39 am

Well that is genius — never thought about beard dye! I am so excited (and a little nervous) to try it out!

7. Jen
    April 5, 2019 / 11:24 am

I bought those swim trunks for my boy based on your recommendation and they’re awful. They run way too small and they’re cheap and drop-shipped from China. Really disappointing.

• Christina
      Author
      April 6, 2019 / 7:44 am

Oh no!!! Im sorry to hear that!!! Thomas has worn his several times now and we really like the quick dry material. Ours are a little big on him so he has some room to grow into them. Matt’s arrived earlier this week and are the same material and he really likes his too. Did you get the fish bone print? We haven’t tried other prints from the seller but I have experienced different quality among different patterns of clothes from the same amazon sellers sometimes.

8. April 5, 2019 / 1:39 pm

The bug zapper racket is a GAME CHANGER! My father-in-law has one and is OBSESSED!

• Christina
      Author
      April 6, 2019 / 7:40 am

Hahaha. Matt was really excited when it arrived and we can wait to use it this weekend!

9. Hayley
    April 5, 2019 / 4:09 pm

Random question … what kind of sunscreen do you use for your kids on an everyday basis ? Love the blue dress by the way !!

• Christina
      Author
      April 6, 2019 / 7:40 am

Thank you! We love Blue Lizzard for the kiddos!