A few years ago I made Graham Cracker Toffee for Christmas gifts and it was such a big hit I decided to tweak the recipe to make it a bit more festive and enter it in to a cookie exchange contest. It came in 4th place which was impressive considering there were 17 cookies in the contest!
Saltine Cracker Toffee
- 2 sleeves saltine crackers
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped crushed M&Ms (or other crushed toppings like Andes mints, candy cane, toasted pecans, sprinkles, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13 x 9" baking sheet with aluminum foil and mist it with baking spray. Tightly arrange saltine crackers in a single layer. You may need to break a few into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter until melted. Add brown sugar and whisk to combine. Continue cooking until the mixture reaches a boil, stirring constantly. Let the mixture boil for about 2 minutes.
- Remove caramel mixture from heat and pour over crackers. Use a spatula or spoon to spread the mixture evenly over the crackers. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until the butter mixture is bubbly.
- While toffee is baking, heat peanut butter in microwave until melted.
- Remove pan and immediately drizzle peanut butter over and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly on top. Let sit for a few minutes until the chocolate is melted, then use a spatula to spread the mixture around. Sprinkle crushed M&Ms (or other crushed toppings like Andes mints, candy cane, toasted pecans, sprinkles, etc.)
- Let sit for about two hours or chill for 30 minutes. Cut and enjoy!
*consider pinning for later