A few years ago I made Graham Cracker Toffee for Christmas gifts and it was such a big hit I decided to tweak the recipe to make it a bit more festive and enter it in to a cookie exchange contest. It came in 4th place which was impressive considering there were 17 cookies in the contest!
- 2 sleeves saltine crackers
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped crushed M&Ms (or other crushed toppings like Andes mints, candy cane, toasted pecans, sprinkles, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a 13 x 9" baking sheet with aluminum foil and mist it with baking spray. Tightly arrange saltine crackers in a single layer. You may need to break a few into smaller pieces. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan, heat the butter until melted. Add brown sugar and whisk to combine. Continue cooking until the mixture reaches a boil, stirring constantly. Let the mixture boil for about 2 minutes.
4. Remove caramel mixture from heat and pour over crackers. Use a spatula or spoon to spread the mixture evenly over the crackers. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until the butter mixture is bubbly.
5. While toffee is baking, heat peanut butter in microwave until melted.
6. Remove pan and immediately drizzle peanut butter over and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly on top. Let sit for a few minutes until the chocolate is melted, then use a spatula to spread the mixture around.
7. Sprinkle crushed M&Ms (or other crushed toppings like Andes mints, candy cane, toasted pecans, sprinkles, etc.)
8. Let sit for about two hours or chill for 30 minutes. Cut and enjoy!
*consider pinning for later