With all of the extra time we are all spending quarantined at home, I thought I would do something a little different for this week’s Five on Friday. Today I’m sharing 5 ways to make your abode feel happy and cozy!
1. Bring Flowers Inside
Right now everything is starting to bloom and there is color everywhere! Snip a few of those gorgeous flowers and bring them inside to enjoy too!
2. Tackle Some Spring Cleaning
Make a list of areas of your home that could use a little cleaning and tackle a project when you can — replace your air filters, deep clean your towels, clean your small appliances like the coffee maker and larger appliances like the dishwasher and washing machine! I shared this Lemi-Shine cleaner a few weeks ago and it was a huge hit among y’all. If you purchased it — don’t forget to actually USE IT! Don’t let it sit under your sink with all the other cleaners.
3. Light Your Good Candle
Part of my morning routine is to light my candle for the day and it makes me so happy to work in an environment that smells heavenly. I usually save my nicer candles for when we have guests over however, right now is better than ever to burn my favorite candles.
My Favorite Candles
- Capri Blue Volcano
- NEST: Sea Salt Ocean Mist / Bamboo / Grapefruit
- Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Geranium Scented Soy Candle
- Jo Malone: Peony & Blush Suede / Wood Sage & Sea Salt
- Bath & Body Works: Stress Relief / Mahogany Teakwood / Midnight Blue Citrus
4. De-Clutter & Organize
Another project list to make — areas of your home you want to organize! I’ve been slooooooowly tackling the kids’ rooms over the past few weeks — one drawer at a time! Eventually, I’ll have all their winter clothes packed up for donating and then find time to order their spring/summer clothes. Next up, the kitchen pantry! Find my kitchen organization post here!
5. Refresh Your Bed!
We’ve purchased a LOT of bedding over the last few years as the kids have transitioned from cribs to queen size beds and recently I refreshed a few layers of our bedding too.
- Mattress: We have purchased this mattress for all of the upstairs bedrooms and it is incredible. It has almost 42K reviews on Amazon, so there are plenty of other people who would agree that this bed is terrific quality at an amazing price!
- Sheets: Hands down, my favorite sheets. I’ve raved about them over and over again on the blog and I think we own 5 sets (one for each bed plus a backup set for our master). They are incredibly soft and have replaced our expensive sheets They come in all sizes, are available in a rainbow of colors and they have 87K+ reviews on Amazon!
- Down Comforter Insert + Duvet Cover: We use this duvet insert on all the upstairs beds. And then the other night I was wondering why we were still using our old, flat duvet insert on our own bed so I purchased a fourth insert for our bed and it’s a remarkable improvement! The filling is perfect for year-round use, comes in a variety of colors and has 23K+ review on Amazon. The duvet cover is super soft, wrinkle-resistant and inexpensive!
- Quilts/Coverlets: I often get asked about our master bedroom quilt and euro sham pillows. They are from Target and I love them. Both kids have this less expensive 3 piece quilt + sham set on their beds and they look just as nice and are super soft!
- HMBL Home Pillows: Saved the best for last. We have gone through one million pillows over the years. Matt is super picky about his pillows and complains about his pillow constantly…until a few months ago when HMBL Home, a local company, sent us their adjustable pillow to try. Matt stole it before I ever had a chance to use it and became so obsessed with this pillow that I had to get one for myself to experience the hype. Well folks, this is the last pillow you’ll ever buy. For weeks I laughed watching Matt excitedly adjust his pillow with the magic filling (which is comprised of shredded memory foam) before bed each night by taking out a few handfuls of filling or adding a little back in until he finally perfected his pillow. After featuring his pillow on Instagram I had so many questions about it that I reached back out to the company and asked if I could share a promo code with my readers and they said yes! Use code NCCHARM15 for 15% off your purchase!
Other beds in our home: Master Bedroom / Caroline’s Room / Thomas’s Room / Thomas’s Room
hi christina…….ha! i literally just came from putting lemi shine in my wash machine before sitting down at my computer to check blogs!!! great minds think alike 😉 thanks for your posts. i’ve always loved them…..and now i do more than ever ❤️
Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams says
I love fresh flowers and candles and thats what I’m doing right now to bring the lovely to the day!
Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams
So many great ideas! I was on a kick of organizing one small area of our home (one or two kitchen shelves, the medicine cabinet, that type of thing) per day at the beginning of March, and then got completely derailed by all the crazy. But it felt so good, like a breath of fresh air every time I looked at one of those areas. Definitely need to get back to it!
Hey Christina, I was wondering do you use the duvet cover and the quilt on your bed? I love the look of your bedroom!
Yes! The duvet cover is SO SO SO soft. We usually pull the quilt down at night when we get into bed and use just the duvet — unless it’s cold.
Could you check the master bedroom quilt link please? I keep getting a duvet cover from Target. Also this is the round up I’ve been waiting for, love your Friday posts!