Trying to find a new kid friendly restaurant in Charlotte? I’ve got the ultimate round-up of the family restaurants for ya!
These restaurants were recommended to me by local Charlotte mamas (so you know they are good). And they are all places you can expect to be packed with families, offer a great kids menu, and there’s minimal side-eye judgment if your kids can’t stay in their seats or are glued to a tablet so you can have a conversation with your partner.
We tend to frequent the same few places over and over and over again (Cowfish, Sundries & Eddie’s Place), so I am super excited to branch out and take the kids to some new places.
But to be honest, I am most excited to try Burtons — SO many rave reviews!
A few notes about the list…
- The top 5 restaurants received the most votes by far.
- Restaurants starting at #20 and beyond received one or just a few votes, and are not listed in any particular order.
- *denotes the location is just outside of the Charlotte area
Charlotte Kid Friendly Restaurants
- Burtons Grill & Bar: The #1 most recommended restaurant! And specifically because of the kid’s menu, which is also allergy-friendly!
- Legion Brewing South Park: Came in right behind Burtons (with only one less vote!). I honestly never thought to bring my kids here until y’all recommended it!
- Brixx Wood Fired Pizza (Foxcroft Location): Another place we never think to visit. Several mamas raved about the lightning-speed service and the great patio!
- Cowfish: This restaurant actually tied with Brixx in terms of votes! This is hands down our favorite family restaurant in Charlotte. I’ve never had a meal I didn’t love there and cannot recommend the bento box enough!
- Superica: MVP is the ginormous screen that keeps the kids entertained!
- Providence Road Sundries
- Taco Mama
- Pacos Taco & Tequila
- The Lodge
- Eddie’s Place
- Midwood Smokehouse
- Leroy Fox
- Noble Smoke
- Inizio Pizza
- Cantina 1511
- Shake Shack
- Roosters Kitchen
- Optimist Hall
- Ru Ru’s Tacos & Tequila
- Little Mama’s
- Pizza Peel
- Char Bar 7
- JJ Red Hots
- Mellow Mushroom
- Tacos 4 Life
- Olde Meck Brewery
- Reid’s Fine Foods
- Improper Pig
- Village Tavern
- Boardwalk Billy’s
- Emmy Squared Pizza
- Zio Casual Italian
- Bad Daddy’s
- Rockin’ Rolls Sushi Express
- Middle James Brewing
- Fat Cat Burgers + Bakeshop
- Piada Italian Street Food
- The Goodyear House
- Food Truck Fridays at Midwood Resident Culture
- *Barcelona Burger (Mooresville)
- *Hello Sailor (Cornelius)
- *Farm Haus (Indian Land)
Christine Burton says
Superica! Hands down our favorite Mexican.
SO helpful! I don’t live in Charlotte but definitely will consult this list the next time we visit!
I second Sundries and Superica! My kids also love Yafo (love to watch them make the bread), CO, and Kebab Je (though the trek out to Ballantyne is not my fave, the food is amazing).
We just took our kids to CO for the first time a few weekends ago and I could not believe how much they LOVED it!!!! Yafo is another awesome idea!!! Need to add that to our rotation!