If you’re looking to make a batch of chili this season, you have got to try this one!!! This chili recipe is loaded with two types of meat, beans and a litle twist (enchilada sauce)!
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can chili beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz can) tomato puree
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- toppings: cilantro, green onions, cheddar cheese, avocado
In a dutch oven brown the beef and pork until meat is cooked through (about 8-10 minutes). Drain off the fat.
Add the onions, peppers and garlic and saute until vegetables are soft (about 5 minutes). Season with salt and pepper.
Add the remaining ingredients bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 - 8 hours (the longer the better), stirring every 15 minutes or so!