Over the weekend, Matt’s mom revealed one of her delicious summer recipes to me…The Ultimate Summer Salad. If you are a salad lover, this homemade creation is for you! What makes this salad so scrumptious is a combination of yummy ingredients, paired with a made-from-scratch berry dressing. Fresh, easy, and colorful, this fabulous salad is sure to be a hit at your next summer outing!
- 6 ounces spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or goat cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red raspberry jam, seedless
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- Salt & Pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together the spinach, onions, tomatoes and avocados.
- In another bowl, mix dried cranberries, cheese & walnuts. Set aside in refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, whisk together jam, vinegar, walnut oil, pepper and salt (to taste).
- On a large serving plate, lay the spinach and veggie mix. Add the
bowl of mixed toppings. Toss dressing into salad just before serving.
Original photo below! We’ve come a long way with photography around here!