White Chicken Enchiladas

A few weekends ago I had a craving for white chicken enchiladas. I didn’t have a go-to recipe to make but I have been lucky enough to have two friends bring me their homemade white chicken enchiladas on various occasions. Both meals were amazing so naturally I texted them both, got their recipes and combined them. Then I tweaked the recipe a bit and boom…

White Chicken Enchiladas

5 chicken breasts
2 cups Mexican cheese, divided
1 cup sour cream
1 4 oz can diced green chilis

Trader Joes Chili Lime seasoning

10 Flour tortillas

1. Add chicken breasts to slow cooker and sprinkle generously with chili lime seasoning. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. Shred cooked chicken.

2. In a large bowl combine 1 cup cheese, sour cream and green chilis.

3. Add a scoop of chicken mixture to each tortilla. Roll them up and lay them in a pan.

4. Top with remaining cheese. [You can freeze at this point and save for later]

5. Cook at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

The slow cooked chicken was so amazing that I could have stopped here and just made chicken tacos. But I kept going! Also, if you’re low on time you can shred a rotisserie chicken for this step instead.

THIS SEASONING. Oh my gosh, y’all. It’s incredible. Just enough salt and just a tad bit of spice.

You can substitute corn tortillas for flour if you prefer. I used low carb flour tortillas.

SO GOOD. The recipe yields about 10 enchiladas so I cooked one batch and froze the other for another night.

1. Owen Davis @ Davis Duo
    September 28, 2017 / 11:04 am

YUM! Saving this!!

2. Abby | Adventure Bytes
    September 28, 2017 / 11:26 am

This looks so good! Any substitute for the seasoning? We are stationed in Spain and have no access to Trader Joe's (it's terrible, I know)!

3. Katie
    September 28, 2017 / 1:13 pm

SO good!!

4. Sara
    September 28, 2017 / 1:36 pm

Yum! I'll have to try those and that seasoning! I made chicken tacos last night from a recipe I found on Pinterest. Okay….easiest thing ever for shredding chicken and I would've never thought about it. After the chicken is cooked, put it directly into a mixing bowl and use your hand mixer on low to shred the chicken. I was skeptical, but it worked!! So much easier than doing it with two forks. Am I the only one who didn't know about this???? #tipoftheday 🙂

• Alicia Venable
      September 28, 2017 / 9:56 pm

I recently discovered this trick too! I use my kitchen-aid mixer and it's the best thing ever!!

5. Justine Ciemny
    September 28, 2017 / 1:52 pm

Mmmm soo good! And rather easy too 🙂 Perfect for a week night dinnerJustine @ Charm City Ciemny'swww.lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

6. sara [at] journey of doing
    September 28, 2017 / 2:30 pm

Hmm, you had me at slow cooked chicken and done! Saving for later!!!!!

7. Anonymous
    September 28, 2017 / 2:56 pm

I recently did this and used the beaters right in my crockpot. No other dish to wash. Win!!