Ever since we hosted a crock pot party in my kitchen I have been wanting to upgrade our crock pot. The pot I own is suuuuuuper old and after seeing all of the features of the 5 much newer crock pots I realized I’ve been missing out! Tell me about your crock pot. Do you love it? Should I put it on my Christmas list?
OK, on to another delicious crock pot soup…
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 1 15 oz sweet whole corn kernels, drained
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup bell pepper (any color), diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- Tortilla strips
- Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Avocado, diced
- Dallop of sour cream
- Cilantro, chopped
1. In your slow cooker, add all of the recipe ingredients (excluding the topping ingredients). Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
2. Prior to serving, remove chicken breasts and shred (by hand or stand mixer). Return shredded seasoned chicken to slow cooker bowl. Stir gently.
3. Serve with toppings!