Ever since we hosted a crock pot party in my kitchen I have been wanting to upgrade our crock pot. The pot I own is suuuuuuper old and after seeing all of the features of the 5 much newer crock pots I realized I’ve been missing out! Tell me about your crock pot. Do you love it? Should I put it on my Christmas list?
OK, on to another delicious crock pot soup…
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 1 15 oz sweet whole corn kernels, drained
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Avocado, diced
- tortilla strips
- In your slow cooker, add first 8 ingredients. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Prior to serving, remove chicken breasts and shred (by hand or stand mixer). Return shredded seasoned chicken to slow cooker bowl. Stir gently.
- Serve with a generous helping of shredded cheese, avocado and seasoned tortilla strips.