Last week I dropped off mini loaves of cinnamon bread to Thomas and Caroline’s teachers. My mom has been making cinnamon bread every Christmas season for as long as I can remember for neighbors and friends. A few years ago I stole her tradition. These little loaves are SO easy to whip up quickly in a large batch and are extremely delicious. I always make one large loaf for my family to eat for breakfast too.
I stock up on holiday ceramic mini loaf pans for $1 each at Michaels. There are so many colors and prints. You can also use disposable tins too. I found some super cute holiday disposables (comes in lots of colors) and ceramic pans (another cute option too) on Amazon!
Christmas Cinnamon Bread
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking powder & salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk & oil.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet until well incorporated.
- Grease baking dishes & pour mixture an inch below to the top (so it doesn't overflow while rising)
- Combine topping, spoon on each loaf and swirl in with a knife, leaving some on top.
- Bake 40 minutes.