Happy Friday friends!
1. 30A Vacay!
I am officially turning on my out of office (and my DMs off in Instagram) because we are heading to 30A this weekend for vacation with my sister and her fam! I can hardly wait! Believe it or not, neither of our little families have been to 30A (we’ve always gone to the beaches much closer to Orlando) so we are especially excited to finally experience this gorgeous beach!
2. Korean Beef Bowls
One of my favorite weeknight recipes. This delicious meal takes less than 20 minutes to whip up and doesn’t require very many ingredients. I adapted the original recipe to use ground pork (I usually use ground turkey though), cauliflower rice instead of white rice and coconut aminos instead of soy sauce. Y’all, this recipe is SO good. So so so good. I hate this picture…it really doesn’t do it justice.
Korean Beef Bowls
adapted from Six Sisters
- 1 lb ground beef, pork or turkey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 bag Trader Joes cauliflower rice, cooked
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown meat with garlic in the sesame oil.
Drain most of the fat and add brown sugar, coconut aminos, ginger and red pepper flakes.
Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors.
Serve over steamed cauliflower rice and top with green onions.
3. It Sounded Like A Good Idea At The Time Podcast
Caroline and Hannah invited me to join them last week to on their podcast to chat about ways to prioritize your partner when the going gets rough! It was so fun to be their guest!
4. Teacher Appreciation Week
Next week is Teacher Appreciation Week and since we’re out of town I’ve been scrambling to get all of the class gifts together plus gifts each day from Thomas and Caroline all lined up! One of the days is themed “movie day” and Caroline was excited to help me put together little gift bags filled with popcorn, chocolate covered pretzels, some salty snacks, chocolate bars and a gift card for a redbox (I used this printable)!Looking for other small teacher treat ideas? Here are some others I’ve done in the past (including freezer pans of baked spaghetti)…
5. Amazon Finds of the Week
- Clay Mask: #1 best seller in face masks with 16k+ reviews!!! And only $11 for 1 pound!
- Silicone Face Mask Brushes: I have always used my fingers to apply my face masks but grabbed these with my clay mask order since they were only $5 and they are awesome!!
- Revitalash: I ran out of my favorite lash serum a few weeks ago and decided to give this one a go after reading one million reviews on tons of different serums. I scooped up the travel size version to try it out before I splurge on the full size and so far I’ve already noticed a difference (after two weeks of use).
- Hair Tool Organizer: AHHHH! My hair tools are finally organized and I am no longer digging through my hot tools bin to find my straightener. And I can put my tools away while they are still hot so my straightener doesn’t have to live on my counter anymore.
- Press Bar Coffee Pot: Our coffee pot officially bit the dust after 4 years and we loved it SO much that we bought the same one again because we love the press bar so much (making it easy enough for Caroline to make our coffee for us in the mornings). However, the new model is even more awesome because it has a removable water reservoir.