Happy Friday from Los Angeles!
1. Amazon Creator Summit
Over the last decade, I’ve planned and been invited to many work conferences and events, but this week I’m attending my first conference for CAROLINA CHARM! Eeep! I was invited to attend the Amazon Creator Summit in LA and it’s been truly amazing. I am finally meeting friends I’ve made in this industry over the years in person, I’m learning a ton, and having lots of fun too!
2. Amazon Alexa Hack: Disabling Shopping Notifications
Have your kids figured out they can ask Alexa what packages are being delivered?! If your kids are like mine, they may be secretly asking Alexa to spoil their Christmas gifts!
But guess what? You can totally outsmart the kiddos by disabling this feature in your Amazon Alexa app.
Here’s how to disable Amazon Alexa shopping notifications: Open your Alexa app, click on “settings,” then “notifications,” then “Amazon Shopping.” From this page, you can disable Alexa from saying the title of the items you’ve ordered.
If you’re in full-blown Christmas decorating mode, I wanted to share my annual reminder that this frasier fir laundry detergent smells ahhh-maaaaziiiiinngg — like a Christmas tree! I love washing our blankets in it for the holidays. This bottle lasts forever too since it’s so highly concentrated.
4. Quest Protein Chips
I’ve got another delicious snack for those of you looking to increase your protein — Quest Protein Chips. Holy moly, these are SO good.
I love pairing a bag of these with my lunch sandwiches (don’t forget to use the protein bread too), crushing on top of my taco salads, or grabbing for an afternoon snack.
They aren’t cheap though, which is kind of a bummer, but dang they are tasty and a much healthier alternative to regular potato chips — and packed with 19 grams of protein!!
Shop Quest Protein Chips
5. Reader Favorite Items
I wanted to share the top 5 items y’all have loved this past week!
- Battery Storage Organizer: A hot seller from the Men’s Gift Guide! This was one of the best gifts I gave Matt last Christmas. This portable organizer holds 180 batteries and includes a battery tester. Available in 8 colors.
- Square Neck Bodysuit: Another week as a best-seller, this bodysuit is just perfection. I actually have it packed in my suitcase to go with 2 of my outfits this week! This bodysuit is so well made, comes in a rainbow of colors, and is extremely flattering.
- Lumineux Teeth Whitening Strips: I purchased these recently and they are working just as great as my Crest white strips. These strips are nontoxic and made without preservatives, additives, artificial dyes or flavorings.
- No-Show Socks: Stuff those Christmas stockings!!! These are my favorite no-show socks ever — and Matt’s too!
- Oversized Pullover Sweater: So so good. Comes in a rainbow of colors. Great for wearing with jeans or leggings!