one: Last week we took the kids to a baseball game. My firm had a suite for the game so we had great seats, lots of hotdogs and the kids had their first cotton candy experience. It was a blast!
two. I made a quick run to Trader Joes last night and picked up three new things to try: 1. Argan Oil that so many of you have raved about 2. Riced Cauliflower bowl which I ate for dinner and LOVED. It’s a 3 minute microwave bowl and is 280 calories. I’m going to scoop up some tzatziki sauce to add next time! Definitely going to stock up on these. 3. collagen peptides powder (new to Trader Joes and cheaper than the one we currently use). Will report back with my review!
three. Highly requested recipe from my Insta Stories this week — sheet pan fajitas. Thank you Publix for offering pre-sliced flank steak, making this meal even easier to throw together. And I love any recipe that requires minimal dishes (one pan, one bowl)! Make this ASAP.
Fast Family Dinner: Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 3 bell peppers (in your preferred colors), sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- flour tortillas
- toppings and garnishes of choice: cilantro, crema, lime juice, guacamole, shredded cabbage
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and paprika. Divide spice mixture in half.
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil, lime juice, soy sauce and 1/2 of spice mixture.
- Add steak to bag and marinate for several hours or overnight.
- On a large sheet pan, add peppers and onions. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with remaining spice mixture, turning to coat. Add steak to sheet pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes, then broil on high for additional 2 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check internal temperature (140 for medium rare to 150 for medium).
- Let steak rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve in tortillas with favorite toppings.
four. The kiddos had dentist appointments (Thomas’s first!) last week! Thomas was highly skeptical but he did allow ONE tooth to get flossed so I’m calling it a win!
five. On Monday at 8 am, the Lilly Pullitzer After Party Sale goes live! I don’t wear a lot of Lilly but will definitely be logging on to see what I can snatch up for Caroline. However, I did snag this dress for under $100 recently (from Amazon!!!) and love, love, love it.
Shop the Post
*no link up
Lauren @ Life as a Wife says
The baseball game looked like such a fun time!! Sweet memories! Gorgeous as always in that blue dress! Love the necklace with it, too!
I’m curious to hear your thoughts on the Collagen. I’ve been using vitals collagen for 3 weeks and haven’t noticed a difference, except my back pops more. weird. And I heard the TJ version had a taste to it so def will be looking for your review!
I would love to know your thoughts on the TJ collagen as well! I just tried it for the first time and don’t like that it affects the flavor of my coffee…in an unpleasant way. I stirred it into my cold brew. The smell reminds me of Ovaltine ha!